summer/early fall UCers - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 129 Old 07-15-2005, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
amandaanne, woo hoo!

Congrats on the birth of your newest family member. So glad for you.

rural mama to DD1 DD2
unschooling, non-vaxing, writing, gardening, co-sleeping, critter-loving family :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 129 Old 07-15-2005, 04:24 PM

Congratulations on your precious little girl! Can't wait to hear all about the birth. Glad to hear she's nursing well!
#63 of 129 Old 07-15-2005, 09:08 PM

YAE!!! Happy babymoon!! And come Sept, and someone tells me their cow just gave birth...well, I'm setting up the fishy pool!! :LOL

Creating Art. Living life on Guam. Sharing my Journey.

#64 of 129 Old 07-17-2005, 02:32 AM

Congratulations Amanda :LOL I am sooo jealous! I am now 40 weeks and feel like we must have had twin pregnancies - I have been expecting this baby for the last five weeks, and some nights have constant BH which come morning end up with nothing except me in a bad mood because I am sooo tired!! I've actually found myself saying that this baby will never come out and I know that is so negative but hard to get in a good mood when you're sleep deprived and in pain.

I hope your little one settles down - my last one had a really restless night for her first night because she swallowed so much mucus, after she vomitted that up she settled down a bit (apart from the 4 hours solid screaming every day with colic... ) Mine have all had colic and/or reflux, maybe we should start a support thread

Best wishes and looking forward to reading your birth story!
#65 of 129 Old 07-17-2005, 06:25 AM

Congratulations, Amanda!
#66 of 129 Old 07-17-2005, 08:28 AM

No strong birth twinges yet, but had lots of BH all night. And this morning I'm up at 5:00 - before dd, who is usually the first to wake me with "Nurse!" at 6:00. Guess my body only really needs 4 hours of sleep...I know, I know, enjoy 4 hours now, right?

I feel good overall still. mum at home, I hope that I, too, will not have days of BH every night only to make me cranky... hugs to you!

At least it's supposed to rain this afternoon. Hopefully that will drop the day time temp enough so that I can sit still and not sweat. I'm SO over being hot. Hope everyone else is fairing well in this heat (for those of you in the northern hemisphere).

rural mama to DD1 DD2
unschooling, non-vaxing, writing, gardening, co-sleeping, critter-loving family :
#67 of 129 Old 07-17-2005, 03:49 PM

Thanks everyone!

Things are going pretty well. That first night was really rough but the last two have been ok. If she could nurse 24/7 she'd be the happiest baby on earth.

Quote:
I hope your little one settles down - my last one had a really restless night for her first night because she swallowed so much mucus, after she vomitted that up she settled down a bit
mum at home - That's exactly what happened to my girl. She was so snorty after she was born. I was a little nervous about it but it seems to be clearing out of her system pretty well. I sure hope your little one comes soon, I'll send those birth vibes your way.

For anyone who has had experience with a tear - what did you do for it, and how long did it take to heal? I have a pretty nasty one and it really hurts.

We named her Sage...but no middle name yet.

Amanda

#68 of 129 Old 07-17-2005, 04:07 PM

Sorry to butt in here, I'm trying to get ahold of hoppytoad -- your PM box is full!!

Good luck & Congrats on everyone's new s! Amandaanne -- your post caught my eye -- I the name Sage...
#69 of 129 Old 07-18-2005, 01:21 AM

I had an episotomy with my second which they botched up in the stitching, so when I tore with my third (second degree) I refused to go to the hospital to be stitched again. My midwife used glue (never again) and it didn't stick very well, so some bits glued together and others didn't (tmi I know). I think depending on how bad the tear is, I would be tempted to leave it - ice it, and use honeycombe or whatever else you want for keeping it clean and healthy, and keep it together so it can heal by itself.

If it's really bad, are midwives in your area able to stitch you at home, or would you have to go to hospital? I wonder if steristrips would hold it together enough for it to heal - anyone know?

Still waiting for this baby, which has settled into my pelvis and managed to stay there for more than half an hour (not sure if it's head or bottom LOL)....
#70 of 129 Old 07-18-2005, 09:13 PM

Hey everyone. Just poppin in...need some kind of distraction from stress! I guess with the baby on the way, we're kinda freakin out about finances and things seem to just be going wron, one after another...but we're doing okay. Holding on strong! I just keep saying NO to negativity. That helps a LOT. Still praying that everything goes through with this apt we're trying to move into. Taking forever!!!

Amandaanne- Good to hear that things are starting to smooth out! I can't wait to hear all those adorable little noises that a baby makes! Their smell too... hehehe. I'm a little jealous thinkin about it... get some rest! (ha..easy for me to say, i know...)

mum at home- youch Someone suggested glue to me, but something told me to blow it off... you just confirmed my suspicion!

Skim- when I lived on Guam and couldn't bear the heat, I put one of our sheets in the freezer for 5 minutes (with a plastic bag around it so i didn't get anything weird on it... AHHHH Relief... might wanna give it a try.

hey- is it common for the baby to swallow a lot of mucus? i'm curious

#71 of 129 Old 07-19-2005, 03:25 PM

shell024... sorry to hear you guys are having stressful times with your finances. That always puts a damper on things, and it's really hard not to stress about it! Just remember that this, too, shall pass.

I am sooo wishing I would go early with this baby. That somehow, magically, I could be 5-6 weeks early and that everything would still be okay with him/her. :LOL I realize I'm probably just setting myself up to be disappointed when/if I go into September, but it's been so humid here and I am so exhausted lately. It doesn't matter how much sleep I get, I feel like I'm in a fog.

Of course, the four other children don't make lounging around the house much of a possibility.

And honestly, how much more room does this baby need?? I am feeling stretched to the MAX, and he/she still has a few more pounds and inches to pack on. I can feel the baby in my pelvis, pushing into my hips, and up in my ribs all at once. I don't remember feeling quite this uncomfortable with the other two.

Anyway, I'm done complaining to you guys now....

On a positive note, the other reason I'm anxious is because I'm so in love with this child already and I just can't wait to hold him/her! Does anyone else have a good idea about what you're having, even if you haven't had an ultrasound? I'd bet money this is a boy. Hey, my intuition was right with the other two, so chances are good this time....

Off to take a nap!
#72 of 129 Old 07-19-2005, 05:17 PM

OH, Karen, are you sure we were split at birth? :LOL I could have written your post!!

It's so hot and humid here that I feel like I just can't move. The thought of leaving the house is torture and I'm just so physically exhausted. I also have four other children that don't think I should ever get a nap. *sigh*

I have big babies and KNOWING that this one is already about 5lbs makes my whole body cringe. I can feel the baby everywhere and it's only going to get worse!! Where can it possibly go?! My pelvic floor is on fire!!

The only thing different is, I still haven't connected with this baby like I did all the others. I keep thinking it's because I'm just too busy to think about it. (I'm also a homeschooling sewing wahm, which makes my time even more scrunched.) I keep trying, but even picking out a name doesn't interest me. Oh, hopefully soon!! Not much longer!!
#73 of 129 Old 07-21-2005, 04:59 PM

So if you take alook at the July support thread, you'll see that she got here on July 18!

Pearl Melissa was born at 12:10 on 7/18 in our bathtub after long, difficult labor. But I did it! No stitches or transport needed, DP was right there with me, and we got some wonderful support from friends who came by with some homeopathic pulsatilla and a magic toe pressure point to get the baby to turn and descend. They also supported our dd, who loves them like family.

We're all healthy and strong, and I'm getting good care from DP. DD is a bit overwhelmed, but she is adjusting with us.

I thought this one was gonna be really big, but mostly it was just fluid. Not that I'm complaining... She was born at about 7 1/2 pounds.

off to take care of her now...

rural mama to DD1 DD2
#74 of 129 Old 07-22-2005, 12:33 AM

Congratulations! And arriving on her due date :LOL Hope you have a great babymoon!

still hanging in here at 40 weeks....
#75 of 129 Old 07-23-2005, 04:00 PM

Congratulations! What a pretty name.

#76 of 129 Old 07-24-2005, 03:43 PM

Hola.
I was talking to my mom the other day, venting all my latest stresses. She seemed to have all those same stresses at one point or another too, which reminded me that there are so many who are struggling beyond my comprehension. So trying to count my blessings instead of stresses!
Ha, and when I was venting about DP, she said she's lived with the same things for the past 40 years---it won't ever change! lol. She also made that comment that still kinda bugs me "You're marrying your father dear..." :

In other news, things SEEM to be picking up. DP is not stressing as much now that he feels confident about his TWO new jobs (I'm waiting for the stress later when he's overwhelmed! lol)...so I am able to relax more not worrying about him.
Hopefully we'll be moving this week. I've been attempting to pack our stuff.
WHERE IS MY MOTIVATION??? I feel SOOO lazy lately. I could just lay in bed all day and be content. Usually, I'm always on the move. Well, maybe it's a sign that I need to get some relaxation before the move.

Anyway...these last 6 weeks should go by somewhat quickly...since 4 of them will be spent setting up the house and cooking plenty of goodies to freeze (I'm going all out: breads, pizza crusts, lasagna or manicotti rollups, fish sticks, soup broths, cookies, and quiches... can you say nesting urge??).

#77 of 129 Old 07-24-2005, 04:45 PM

Here's Pearl's birth story:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...37#post3507837

rural mama to DD1 DD2
#78 of 129 Old 07-26-2005, 02:54 AM

Congrats to you, Skim. I didn't see your announcement on the July DD board, so I didn't know. You beat me.

I feel like I have so much to respond to, as I haven't been keeping up with this thread. I don't know if I have it in me right now, though.

I am 4 days past my "due" date. I have been having some not so patient about waiting moments, I admit. I feel like I should be so "Zen" about the whole thing, especially as someone planning a UC. It's just a date that means little, right? I am home with dd alone from early in the morning until after midnight 5 days a week due to dh's new job (I'm thrilled about the new job, btw). We both have cabin fever; it's cold and wet here and not nice enough to walk anywhere. I just want something to happen. I'd even take some non-birth related action to break up my days, but a baby seems the ideal event to shake things up around here considering.

Hello to mum at home from OZ (I'm an American living here)!
#79 of 129 Old 07-26-2005, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thinking of you Binah!
Brandi

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#80 of 129 Old 07-26-2005, 02:48 PM

mum at home and binah:

The waiting must be crazy-making. HUGS to you both.

I know I'll be reading your birth stories soon!!

rural mama to DD1 DD2
#81 of 129 Old 07-26-2005, 07:33 PM

wow a bunch of us will be birthing SOON! yay!

I have 13 days left until my EDD. starting to feel lots of pressure/contracting more. hoping to go another week at least, but we shall see when he/she is ready to make an appearance! I'm so excited!

sending gentle birthing vibes to all!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#82 of 129 Old 07-27-2005, 12:38 AM

about 5-8 more weeks here! (i'm sorta shooting for 5 or 6... :LOL like its up to me)

#83 of 129 Old 07-27-2005, 08:37 AM

Still here.... Hi Binah, I was wondering if you'd had bub yet, as I remembered that we were due around the same time!

I found this cool website where you can work out how many days between two dates - www.timeanddate.com - and worked out that my second pregnancy was 276 days from conception to birth, and my third was 275 days (although both were exactly 9 calendar months - freaky). Standard is 266 - my first was an induction and ended up being 277 days. Currently I'm on day 276 and 9 calendar months was on Monday so I'm hoping not to have to wait much longer!

Over the last five weeks this baby has been engaging, starting off BH which keep me up lots, and as soon as I go to sleep it goes transverse! Sooo frustrating Swelling has been pretty bad, but today I've been able to walk without feeling like it's on balloons, so I've made sure to do lots of walking and cleaning and have since had lots of BH. Here's hoping!

DH has been checking my cervix occasionally (I can't reach!) and when we checked on the weekend it was probably about 2cm but effacing nicely - he said it had started to draw up and felt 'thinner' :LOL as well as being supersquishy. What a guy! I've been trying to remind myself that baby will come in it's own time, but gee I hate waiting. Hope to read more of your birthstories soon, sending you all good birthing vibes!
#84 of 129 Old 07-27-2005, 05:52 PM

I am due late October, maybe early November- my babies usually take their time in coming- my edd is Oct. 31, 2005. We are so excited about this little one coming. He is our 1st reversal baby since I had my reversal surgery in Dec.2004. I conceived just 8 weeks later and am so grateful and thankful for the second chance to have children again.( I was only 23 when I had my tubal ligation and always regretted it-my husband did as well. )

I am 26 weeks along now and this pregnancy has been such a pleasure and joy for the whole family. Our marriage has really been blessed and we are closer in a way that is different than ever before because of going through the grief of our mistake and then having a baby again for the first time in almost 7 years. Words can't describe the joy!!

our children are so thrilled to have another brother(especially our son) and a BABY!! They haven't really been around babies much and are thrilled that we are having one!

We want to have our baby at home unassisted but it feels like we have so much to read and study it is overwhelming me. Deep down I feel, "Does it have to be complicated and hard to learn?" I trust my body and intuition very much so. I just want simple, quiet and private birth. :

We homeschool as well and this whole journey through reversal to conception to pregnancy and then on to birth has been quite an education for the children.

Anyway, I have been needing to learn from mothers who have been there and done that and it looks like I finally found you. Reading from books isn't near so informative to me as reading experiences and advice from those who have and are having their babies at home unassisted!!IMO

"little woman" to Eric , with dd- 10yrs.old , dd-8yrs old , and ds- 7 (in Aug,) : and a sweet : due Halloween or thereafter.HA!
#85 of 129 Old 07-27-2005, 10:23 PM

Today is my EDD (July 27th) Anyday now and I am soo ready, got my supplies ready..now all I need is the contractions!!!
Tera

Midwife to Many, Mom to 5, Ummie to 1.  Life is good on the Gulf Coast.

#86 of 129 Old 07-28-2005, 09:11 PM

Sorry, this is a repost.

"My waters just broke!

I was lying in bed this morning and having some BHs (nothing unusual there), then when I stood up liquid gushed out of me. I said, "Something's coming out of me!" and laughed. Ha!

No major contractions yet. I know I'm having them because I sometimes feel pressure followed by a gush of fluid, but I can almost totally ignore it other than the mess I have to clean up. I'm wearing a toddler prefold now."

Happy EDD, Tera!

Welcome, Loriana!
#87 of 129 Old 07-28-2005, 09:16 PM

Wow! Sending you gentle, happy birthing vibes, Binah!!!

rural mama to DD1 DD2
#88 of 129 Old 07-28-2005, 10:41 PM

Congrats!! You are blessed! 8 and 7 are not too far to have had to wait, mine were 11 and 8 when thier brother was born! I have always been glad to have had more and am still trying...may you have many more!(ps. I homeschooled also, for 10 years. It was great!)
#89 of 129 Old 07-29-2005, 01:30 PM

I just read in webster's dictionary that natural childbirth is:
a system of managing childbirth in which the mother prepares to remain conscious and assist in delivery with little or no use of drugs. :

Guess I'll be awake and "assisting" in delivery...

#90 of 129 Old 07-29-2005, 06:57 PM

sending you many gentle birthing vibes Binah!!!!!!! can't wait to read about your birth!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page