oUR BIRTH STORY - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-13-2005, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For those of you who are not Christian please do not be offended..there are references about my catholic faith.

Well I woke up on the 12th of June and I felt really wet and yucky. I went to the bathroom and I was losing my plug...this is the first time that it has happend like this...it was a ton of stuff. LOL Okay sorry if it was too much info. Anyway, we were all excited and thought cool it will happen tonight....but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Anyway, the contrax really were not all that bad. I was in and out of the shower and bath tub of course. Oh wait at the begining of all of this I decided to offer up all the pain I felt for the whole world and our sins. I mean I have done this 4 times already and the pain has never been that bad. Well anyway, about 30-45 min. before he was born I was in the tub laughing and talking away wiht Brandon. I could actually feel Wesley Thomas coming down and I my body was pushing on its own. I was like cool.....I can just let me body do it this time. Then BAM I WAS IN SOOOOOOOO MUCH PAIN!!!!!!!!! I have never ever in my life ever felt pain like this!! I started praying the Hail Mary, Our Father, and Glory Be's. I don't know how long it was really but to me it felt like hours. Brandon said it was more like 30-45 min. I lost complete control and I have never done that during birth!! I made Brandon get the Our Lady of Perpetual Help icon that we have and was trying to focus on the Virgin Mary holding Jesus. In between contrax I was telling myself that Jesus was in much more pain than I was experiencing. Then I started to cry during the contrax. I was tensing up my butt and I kept trying to relax them, but as I said I lost control and I could not regain it no matter how hard I tired. I finally told Brandon to take me to the hospital that I needed some drugs(can we say transistion). I got out of the tub and made my way to the bedroom. Brandon said,"Lisa let me check you." So I got onto the bed and he said,"It is the sack. That is why you are feeling so much pain." Okay now see my bag had not broken yet. Plus with the other 4 babies I was leaking some fluid. I always started out my labor with a little tear in the bag, and then it was broken.(Trnity was the only one of the first 4 whose bag had broke on its own). Then I said,"Can you break it!" Like I said I have never had a full intact bag before so this was a new experience for me. He said he would try. Nothing happened. I told him again to please take me to the hospital(i was just thinkiing I want some relief because I was not in control) He said he would take me but that I needed to get up. I was just laying on the bed. He called Lisa(a friend that was going to come and stay with the kids if anything went wrong). Anyway as soon as he got off of the phone with her I had another contraction and I pushed...well my water broke, and it felt much better. He helped me off of the bed and I turned with my hands resting on the mattress......I pushed again, and a ton of water came out!!!! RELIEF!!!!! He then called Lisa and told her never mind my water had broken, and I got down on my hands and knees. Wesley Thomas was on his way! I was pushing and he was making his way down. Brandon said,"I see the head." I then felt the burning and he was telling me,"Lisa slow it down. I don't want you to tear." So, I was giving little pushes....and I asked him,"Is the head out?" I knew it was, but I just had to ask. He said something like, "Yes, go for it!" So, I did!! LOL I pushed and he was out. Then I said,"Is he a boy?" Brandon said, "Yes!"(he thought for sure that we were having a girl.) Then he passed Wesley Thomas to me inbetween my legs and helped me lay down on the floor. Wesley Thomas started out making little cries, but they got louder and he pinked up right away! I mean it was quick!! I held him and cried. In a min. or two after he was born, Taylor, Tristen, and Trinity came downstairs. They were so excited that the baby had finally made his way into the world to be with us. It didn't take too long for the cord to stop plusating and Brandon clamped and cut it. I started to squeeze my nipples to help the placenta detatch and come out. I tried to get Wesley Thomas to nurse but I was flat on my back and I was so sore(from squeezing my butt) that I couldn't move for a few min. The placenta was delivered and I was bleeding quite a bit so I took a dropper full of shepards purse. I was still bleeding and took another dose. Brandon suggested that I jump into the shower to clean up so I could lie in the bed with the baby. He helped me up and I told him I felt lightheaded so I took another dose. I then walked my way into the shower. I was still bleeding so I took I think 3-4 more doses before it finally was a normal amount. We then turned off the shower and started the bath so the baby and I could soak in the herbs to help us heal, and he nursed. When I stood up to get out of the bath, I started to bleed heavy some more so I took another dose. We then got into the bed and Brandon called Lisa since she was already up and a few more people. I had him at 1:10 and we were all cleaned up and went to bed by 3 am. He is a great nurser and my milk came in right away since he is using me as a pacifer, which I do not mind one bit! I felt bad for Brandon because he was my support and midwife so he had to do the cleaning up. LOL While he was cleaning and I was in the shower Taylor was holding his new little brother and helping the younger kids hold him as well. When we woke up later on Monday morning Brandon told me that he just knew that if we went to the hospital that the baby would have been born in the van on our road(it is about 2 miles long). LOL He kept holding off taking me because he said he knew that everything was alright and that it was just because I was in so much pain that I was wanting to go. LOL He is right of course!!! I kept telling him I was sorry before the palcenta was delivered because I had lost control and I couldn't regain it. He said,"You don't have anything to be sorry for." So, this was the first baby that Daddy has caught and he is just so proud of all of us. LOL
so, that is our birth story. I have to say that I really think because I offered up my pain that , that was why I was in so much at the end. When I was in the tub right before this happened I was not in any kind of pain, not even uncomfortable. LOL
We took Wesley Thomas to the Dr. when he was a little over 2 weeks and he weighed 8 lbs. 8 oz. So, we think that he was more like 7 lbs. 6-8. oz. when he was born.
Oh, and the kids call him Thomas, and we call him Wesley Thomas.

Lisa, Traditional Roman Catholic, :::: wife to Brandon, mama to Taylor 17, Tristen 13, Trinity 9, Tyme 6, Wesley Thomas 4, Teresa 3, Gabriella 2, Isabella 1., and Marisela 2/2010.
#2 of 6 Old 07-14-2005, 02:28 PM

congratulations!!! You did fantastic. Makes me wanna warn DP that when I say I wanna go to the hospital, that i just MIGHT be in transition! :LOL I've read many stories where right as the mother is on the breaking point, wanting to give up, POP...there's baby's head! Great story.

Creating Art. Living life on Guam. Sharing my Journey.

#3 of 6 Old 07-14-2005, 07:13 PM

Congratulations!!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#4 of 6 Old 07-14-2005, 11:09 PM

Beautiful story! Just beautiful!!!

Happy babymoon & thank you so much for sharing the story of Wesley Thomas' birth!
#5 of 6 Old 07-15-2005, 05:07 AM

Awesome Story Mama congrats!

Mama to 5 babies. UCer, too!
#6 of 6 Old 07-15-2005, 07:25 AM

Congratulations mama and welcome Wesley Thomas!

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page