stopped thinking and worrying...is that ok? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-12-2005, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey there everyone...
So we decided to go UC a month ago after a freakish midwife appointment. For about 3 weeks i worried and worried and read every book i could. at times i was sure we couldn't do it. i looked and looked for a midwife that would back me up, but couldn't find one i liked--or really one that would agree. anyway, i was freaking out. Then i met a doula online that lived an hour away and talked to her on the phone for an hour...she was so UNSUPPORTIVE it was FUNNY. that's the only way i can discribe it. after hanging up i was SURE my husband and i could do it. since then (a week ago--my due date is in about 2 weeks) i have stopped reading...and totally stopped even thinking about it...i mean, i think about it...i've got a baby inside...but i haven't had a worry. I've read about all of the emergency situations....should i refresh? We have a birth kit ready. i read a little on lotus births and we decided to just wait and see what we feel is right. The ambulance/fire station is a 1 min drive from our house.....that's the only back up we've got....should i be worrying more/????? i know that sounds silly, i just don't want to be unprepared and stupid, but i'm just so ready and at peace!!!!!?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2005, 05:18 AM

Yes, absolutely, it is okay to stop worrying and thinking at this point. Birth is definitely not a thinking/logical brained event. Sounds like you are ready to go within and "nest" and that's a great place to be. You will know instinctually when something is not feeling right. Many women here and on other lists have also known. You know where you can turn in an emergency and that generally is enough.

Have a great and happy pre-babymoon, rest, eat, and play gently while your body and baby gear up for birth!

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

Old 08-13-2005, 06:37 AM

i think thats ok...
at some point i think you need to work through and then just let go of your fears. be open and give yourself over to the birthing process.
of course you can do it, with or without birth kit, with or without books... i found some perspective by remembering women have been birthing without modern convieniences for thousands of years, so whatever i did have was a plus.

let go and go for it if thats where your instinct takes you.
good luck
Old 08-13-2005, 09:40 AM

When you quit thinking and worrying and know you can do it is when you are ready.

Sabra: Mama to Bobbie (3/02), Linda (1/04), Esther (10/05), Marie (11/10), & Douglas (11/12)

Old 08-13-2005, 03:54 PM

I know how you feel. I'm only 24 weeks but dh and I have been planning to UC from the beginning. Even though this is my first pregnancy, I'm not worried or scared at all. Every once in awhile I doubt my confidence and think, "Shouldn't I be freaking out just a little?" I figured I would doubt my decision not to see a doctor or have a birth attendant throughout the pregnancy, but at 6 months I feel great about my decision and I'm not doubting myself at all.

I think it's hard when we are surrounded by a culture of fear (especially toward birth) to not be afraid. I wonder sometimes if I am overconfident and setting myself up for a big, big shock. But at the same time I am 100% confident that I can do it and it everything will be fine.

Just wanted to let you know that I hear you and you're not the only one.

Amy
Old 08-13-2005, 04:16 PM

: Whenever DP brings up something that lets me know he's doubting...I just kinda snuff it as "don't worry, everything will be fine." Then a little while later, after several of those comments, *I* starting thinking in the back of my mind...but what if something DOES go wrong?? I start thinking maybe I've been overconfident and should be "preparing" more... but...

I think I just have to accept that, yes, something CAN go wrong, many things CAN go wrong, but that the chances are actually pretty slim. Plus, I know that more things can go wrong in a hospital, or with any intervention, which reminds me that I'm doing the right thing and just need to let go of my fears. I've been going day by day without a worry and every once in awhile I stop and think "hey, is this normal??" :LOL

Creating Art. Living life on Guam. Sharing my Journey.

User Tag List