The Necesseties - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-21-2005, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
In preparation for what could be a very speedy birth, what do I *really* need?
Last Dd was an hour, so I don't think I'll have too much time to get things together. Labor is very intense right from the get-go. Do I really need to bake the sheets & blankets?
I need something for cord cutting - shoelace or is a clamp better? Is there a birth kit that I can order that has just the bare necessities?
I think I'll put a plastic sheet on the bed & some old sheets on top of that, if I can fit the clean sheets under the plastic, I will so that I don't have to change the bed afterwards (or Dp.)
Are there any "tricks" out there that any of you can recommend?

Homeschoolin' Mama chicken3.gifto Dd1 2/3/00, Dd2 1/13/03, Ds1 3/11/06 & Ds2 11/18/10!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-21-2005, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Forget baking anything. Most midwives even don't bother any more. A shoelace is fine for the cord. Sounds like you have things under control!

happy birthing!

-Angela
#3 of 3 Old 08-21-2005, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just taking the sheets out of a hot dryer is enough. You can make the bed with the good sheets, lay plastic, then put your birth sheets on top. I think with our UC we didn't even bother with that. I just birthed on plastic and Chux...(on the "good" sheets. It was fine....) shoelaces work fine, and I have a special pair of Fiskars I use to cut them with=they are my sewing scissors!! Still have them after all these years!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page