...incontinence...? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-26-2005, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: ever since DP and I had sex 5 days ago, I've been occaisionally dripping/drizzling. Mostly when I stand up. Is this just from engorgment? or could it be water bag very gradually drip/leaking? is this common?

Creating Art. Living life on Guam. Sharing my Journey.

#2 of 5 Old 08-27-2005, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell024
could it be water bag very gradually drip/leaking? is this common?
In my opinion I think it could be your water bag. When my water broke I had at first thought I had soiled myself : :LOL . You won't have to worry about incontinence until after the birth . I think baby may be on it's way sooner than you think.....but don't hold me to it (BTW, don't worry that having "fun" hurried things along too soon. Things happen for a reason)!!
#3 of 5 Old 08-27-2005, 02:25 PM

Yes, it sounds like it could be your bag of water to me, too. Personally, I'd avoid swimming and taking a bath (if you REALLY need a bath instead of a shower though, I've heard that cleaning your tub REALLY well with Baking Soda is fine). It's totally fine though to go awhile leaking bag of water. Just be aware of your temperature, you don't want it to rise, because that could be a sign of infection.

Sending you gentle labor vibes!

And... of course there is a chance that it's urine. A friend of mine developed incontinence later in pregnancy when her baby "dropped." If you can smell it to determine it might ease your mind.
#4 of 5 Old 08-27-2005, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

hmmm....something tells me that its just pee. When I go to use the bathroom, I'll think everything's out and then when I'm all done and stand up and a little more drizzles... baby weight probably.. ?

Creating Art. Living life on Guam. Sharing my Journey.

#5 of 5 Old 08-28-2005, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell024
hmmm....something tells me that its just pee. When I go to use the bathroom, I'll think everything's out and then when I'm all done and stand up and a little more drizzles... baby weight probably.. ?
Yeah, i bet that's it. I had the same problem recently and I'm only 12 weeks along! :LOL but I figured out how to lean just right to get the baby weight off and sit there just a tad longer to let it run all out. Although in my case, it may also be due to some possible sphincter damage from a catheter, hopefully it's repaired itself by now, but I may never know, eh? It's the only time that happens, is when I am going, so that is good.

Looking forward to your birthstory! Ms Bouncing on ball and having to get off due to a stronger contraction!

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page