Help - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-14-2005, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I am very interested in an unassisted birth but I am kinda scared. This is my forth pregnancy and I am sick and tired of the way I am treated in the hospitals during all my births. My last child born at a hospital and he was born unassisted because NOONE believes me when I tell them it is time because I go so fast. However I have been induced all three times and I am afraid that I won't know when I am in labor. Even though they were all induced I had little to no pain tilll transition which never lasted longer then 30 minutes. Will I just know or will the baby fall out as I walk through the supermarket. I am due 2-21-06 and my doctor has already setup an induction date for 2-14-06. I would just love a birth where I am not confined to a bed unable to even turn over. All my kids were born healthy with APGARS of 8-10 and no complication at all. I just want others input.

Thanks
Sara
#2 of 5 Old 11-14-2005, 07:58 PM

I would never tolerate a care provider who planned to induce a week early. I don't think I've ever heard of a full term infant falling out. You'll know when you're in labor.

-Angela
#3 of 5 Old 11-15-2005, 12:05 AM

you will know when you are in labor. I just had a childbirth couple(I provided info so they could UC) and she was expecting her 5th...her first was a c/section, and she was also tired of the way she was treated w/#2,3, and 4. So, they planned a homebirth, and she was in Target, shopping, when her ctx picked up and she knew it was time to get to the house. They got home, her mom and a helper were there, with Dad, and she had the baby in 1 hr 45 min! She said later only the last 15-20 min were hard, the rest was fairly easy! Oh, and they had a waterbirth, as well... If they could do it, I know you can! Just read and prepare yourself. Check out the UC stickies at the beginning of the column....
#4 of 5 Old 11-15-2005, 12:02 PM

"My last child born at a hospital and he was born unassisted because NOONE believes me when I tell them it is time because I go so fast"

THat right there tells me that you will know when your baby is coming. Mamas just have that sense that it is TIME.. NOW! LOL (well, the ones that know they are pregnant, that is.)

WHy were you induced early with all your babies? THat is kind of odd, to me.

You have a good 3 months to read up on UC.. there is a lot of info here and on a few othersites that you can find via Google or another search engine.

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

#5 of 5 Old 11-15-2005, 12:16 PM
Ame

you'll know...no doubt about it! You can do it...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page