Coolest UC Video! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-22-2005, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had to share with some appreciative mamas. My DH and I were watching the Discovery Health Channel and they had the coolest video of a UC birth. It was a show called "Amazing Babies". Most stories were about babies born in cars on the way to the hospital, babies who need surgery right out of the womb, etc.

This story centered around a mother having a twin homebirth. I believe it was originally with a MW, but turned into a UC. She birthed Baby A UC and then when she started with Baby B she found out he was breech! Just to see that little foot hanging down. It was too much. Anyway, she kept calm and birthed Baby B just fine. A twin UC with one breech. Compeletly amazing! I shudder to think what would have happened if she had been at a hospital.

You should have seen my DH I'm just turning him on to all of this natural birth stuff (in preparation for our own little one) and he was just amazed. I told him, "Look at the power of women's bodies". He totally agreed. I think he was a bit awed, I know I was.

Mama to my beautiful Ana Carolina (2/07), Isabel Cristina (6/10), and #3 on the way in August 2013!

#2 of 4 Old 11-22-2005, 08:21 PM

It is a really cool video, and even better in its entirety. You can buy it here: http://www.earthbirthproductions.com/
#3 of 4 Old 11-23-2005, 01:24 PM

I saw that show too. That was the best part. I think at one point the husband asked off-camera what he should do, and she replied "do nothing!" and I thought "yay!"
#4 of 4 Old 11-23-2005, 06:31 PM

That mama is an MDC member- here's a link to the thread with her birth story: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=124533

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page