Anyone UC and have kaiser as your insurance... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-23-2005, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wondering if you secretly planned a opps uc while having kaiser and going to prenatal appts through them.
Did you go to the hosp after the birth? how soon after the birth? did the give you any problems ?

Thanks to anyone who replies

Kami(30)knit.gifDH(34)Alex(9),brokenheart.gif(4/05) brokenheart.gif(7/05),Ryker(7)brokenheart.gif(11/10) 
rainbow1284.gif Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant

#2 of 4 Old 11-27-2005, 05:20 PM

I have Kaiser. I have had it with my last 2 pregnancies and I am pregnant again.

My first bitrh with them I had in the hospital. We just couldn't pull the money together for a midwife and wern't ready for UC. It worked out ok b/c baby had thick meconium and we wouldn't have been prepared anyway.

We just had an UC in Feb 2005. I saw the samw docs thruout my pregnancy. I just never told them we planned a UC or even a homebirth. A day after birth I went into Kaiser Clinic and tried to visit with a family practioner. But since an OB was on staff that day they sent me to see her. We just told her we had a midwife there, who was hands off. So she checked me and the baby and that was that. We said it had been a last minute descion. She had delivered my last baby and it was a quick hard labor (2-birth in less than 2 hours). So I just told her we had been worried about making it to the hospital in time.

This time I just had my first OB visit. I was expecting the worst. I lucked out with a new OB who's only comment was "women do it everyday all over the world". She asked me what my intentions were and I told her each pregnancy is different and that I'd play it by ear. She was fine with it. I was non comittal. Although we are planning another UC.

hope that helps! Aloha!
#3 of 4 Old 11-27-2005, 05:25 PM

I've had two mwahb with Kaiser on the side. The first was planned to be a UC until I decided I wanted a mw. I just didn't tell the cnm at Kaiser what my plans were. Same thing for kiddo #2, I went to KP for my labs and a confirmation US as I still hadn't had a + test and really needed to know if I was pregnant! Just didn't talk about it.

I saw our ped at 2 weeks for each child.
#4 of 4 Old 11-28-2005, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies

Kami(30)knit.gifDH(34)Alex(9),brokenheart.gif(4/05) brokenheart.gif(7/05),Ryker(7)brokenheart.gif(11/10) 
rainbow1284.gif Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page