UC Support Thread #25 January 2006 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 102 Old 01-31-2006, 03:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:
Everything she said plus I'm a Gooddess worshipper, so it's a really sacred and empowering time for me. Women are at their most powerful during thier bloodtime.
#92 of 102 Old 01-31-2006, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee
To be honest.....I used to hate her. I had bad cramps, felt dirty, bach aches, crabby....

I started really looking at how I think about life and my body. I started using cloth pads. I started using cloth TP. I started to feel amazed at how my body works instead of feeling grossed out by my functions (poo, bleeding )

Since then.......barely any cramps, fewer aches, less bleeding...........I just feel better over all during my cycle and pp time.

I love her because it celebrates my fertility. It celebrates my ability to birth. It celerates my ability to carry life within me. It celebrates the possiblity of new children joining our family. It celebrate my being a woman.....my femininity. :

I probably sound like a dork, but honestly....when you look at it different, it becomes an entirely different experience......much like birth!
What she said.. reframe your menses and the cramps become less, bleeding becomes less. When I was 13 my mom's friend taught me this and also showed me how to Reiki myself and send thoughts of pure love to my uterus for doing its job so well.. and I was darned amazed when my menses pains cut back to just the first day and the blood flow shortened from 8-10 days to 4-6 days!

I use cloth wipes instead of toiletpaper as well and a menstrual cup with cloth pad back up if needed (usually don't). I am happy to not bleed during pregnancy and postpartum though. I am hoping to go longer than 15 months pp this time (as long as I don't have silent ovulation too, lol) as we want a longer time between this baby and the next one (3-5 years instead of 2.5yrs).

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

#93 of 102 Old 01-31-2006, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome Tori!!!! Congratulations on your pregnancy and journey!
Please let me know (if you have an idea) of when you're due so I can put you on the roll call!
Its nice to have you here!

Mama to 5 babies. UCer, too!
#94 of 102 Old 01-31-2006, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Update on my lovely urine....
still not definiative results to a UTI. LAst specimen was contaminated and I had to do a clean catch. I swear they'll find nothing. Everything is going very well.

I had to comment on Yvonne- and the laps in aunt flow visits. I wish I could have your delay- despite the flow being a good thing...with my last 2 babies- I got it w/in 6 weeks postpartum. Now- I told dh that I can hand 13 months apart- but any closer and I might go batty!
Man- I'm gonna have 3 under 3!

#95 of 102 Old 01-31-2006, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvonnemlv
I am happy to not bleed during pregnancy and postpartum though. I am hoping to go longer than 15 months pp this time (as long as I don't have silent ovulation too, lol) as we want a longer time between this baby and the next one (3-5 years instead of 2.5yrs).
I find the post-partum bleeding to be a bit annoying, honestly. I think mostly because I have more important things to worry about than changing depends underswear the first few days. I am hoping to stock up on some cloth for pp, all I have right now is 6-8 wemoon cloth pads and while they are wonderful for monthly flow they won't hold lochia.

So, with that in mind, what mama cloth does everyone use post partum?

Oh, I got my menses back at 9 months with dd, though it will probably be sooner this time since I'll be pumping part-time so I can work
#96 of 102 Old 01-31-2006, 04:06 PM

YaY! Baby flipped back to head down finally! She's hiccoughing right now down there and kicking the crap outta my right ribs. I hope she stays this way.

Sorry AJ that your menses resume so fast, seems to happen to most mamas I know.

I use Poppilini and Imse Vimse cloth pads, if I have to (tore last time,s o I had to). I hope I don't tear this time so I can use my cup. Using disposables just scares me after birth, heh. I found them way too unbreathable (despite any advertising) back in the day before I learned of cloth and cup.

PP bleeding doesn't last very long for me.. only the first day or two is hard flow.. then it is like a very light menses for the rest of the week and maybe another week. But then again, I don't leave the bed for any reason other than shower and other bathroom needs during the first two weeks.

#97 of 102 Old 01-31-2006, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvonnemlv
YaY! Baby flipped back to head down finally! She's hiccoughing right now down there and kicking the crap outta my right ribs. I hope she stays this way.
: Yay! Way to go baby!

After I got past the depends undies I mostly used my dd's doublers and prefolds
#98 of 102 Old 01-31-2006, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Hooray for baby! sort of tough to close your legs now huh?
I walk bowlegged nowadays- can't sleep on my side either. I guess that means mine is engaged,too!

ohhh just days away aren't we?!?!?!

#99 of 102 Old 01-31-2006, 06:22 PM

Welcome Tori!!

Okay...so I thinnk I'm going to buy a book on Fertility when we have the money. I've heard that "Take Charge of Your Fertility" is a good one. What do you ladies think?

Yay yvonne! Well, not yay for your cervix or right ribs...

oooh i'm getting excited for you ladies who are about to give birth! Mother Nature is so wonderful... :

Creating Art. Living life on Guam. Sharing my Journey.

#100 of 102 Old 02-01-2006, 02:34 PM

I haven't read it but think it's a great book. I use FAM online.. someday I will get and read that book ...

Yeah, but at least now I can wipe myself again from the front. The one good thing about breech position is that baby cannot hit those nerves that shoot down the inside thighs that make you drop to the floor. I guess the butt cheeks are padded enough, hee hee. Contractions/squeezes feel different with head down vs breech too, that was interesting to notice.

Think I will take a nice candle-lit bath and then try to nap before bed...if I can convince DH to take DS out to play (despite it being so dark...)

#101 of 102 Old 02-01-2006, 03:24 PM

Congrats Tori and Crystal!

Yvonne....so glad baby turned

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#102 of 102 Old 02-01-2006, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Howdy all-
here's the new thread for February!
See you over there!

love
aj

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...57#post4549257

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page