UC support thread #27 March 2006 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 130 Old 03-18-2006, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Amy, just checking in to see how you were. I thought all busy mom's had prodomol labor? I know I was doing it to myself because I WANTED our crew in bed when it was time to get down to the business of birthing! YOur little one knows whats the right time to be born for her.

FYI: my 4th all my contractions were felt IN MY BUTT until transition. just stretch it out in between

pleasant laboring

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 130 Old 03-19-2006, 01:04 PM

Well, yesterday was a riot. No baby yet- but my whole family came over for brunch and my 2 oldest sisters grilled me about UC- saying I was taking a risk having a baby at home- to which I said it's an even breater risk to birth in a disease-ridden hospital. They are soooooo uneducated! And sadly they are not capable of switching their paradigm and looking at it from another point of view. That are of the mind that doctors are there to help- My dh said "Absolutely, and if I get into a car accident- I hope to be seen by a doctor!"
One sister wanted my to be empathetic to the OB "just doing their job"
Total BS! I said NO- I don't have to empathise with them- I am the one in labor.
Ignorance is not bliss- it's stupidity.
One sister said"Are you prepared to handle the guilt of a dead baby, that could have survived if you gave birth in the hospital?"
How inconsiderate-rude-unlearned-and a completely assanine statement that was!
I told them I was prepared for the "dead baby scenario" It would be irresponsible of me not to prepare for the worst.
They said - what do you do if something goes wrong...I reply Like what?
They couldn't respond to that. Why???? Because they don't know jack!
Definately not something I wanted to deal with at this point of the pregnancy- being already high strung from this prodromal labor and becoming anxious as well.
THANK GOD Greg was there to slap them into reality. Funny- they'll listen to him, but because I am the baby of the family, my opinion is irrelevent.
One sister said- its safer in the hopsital. Greg said- show me the statistics that support that claim- she replied, I don't have to- its common sense...
Uhm, no......its common opinion- not sense.
They just can't turn the corner and comprehend our natural GOD GIVEN ability to birth. They have been duped by society, the medical community that their manner of birth is the proper way.
They're all very religious which kills me because we throw the whole "Total Faith in God" in their faces and they can't respond to that. Faith in God is complete- not selective! They just go off and change the subject.
They will not win- andwhat's more, they are probably trying very hard to justify their birth process and in no way realted to their childrens trauma from birth and life long illnesses they suffer because of their violet birth experiences. And that is what Greg and I believe- birth in the hospital or any medically managed birth is violent. Think about it- all the shouting, pushing, man-handling, drugs, tools, battles internal and external. Who needs that? Did GOD make a mistake when he made a woman with the ability to birth? Is this HIS fatal flaw? Did He decide- everything else is good, but vaginas, oh I better get some doctors down there to fix my screw-up!

Okay- enough ranting- can ya tell I need to give birth!?!?!?!
Last night was a doosey of p-labor. Any time now would be fine.

Lots of love- thanks for letting me vent and dump some stress!

Mama to 5 babies. UCer, too!
#63 of 130 Old 03-19-2006, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyjeans
Well, yesterday was a riot. No baby yet- but my whole family came over for brunch and my 2 oldest sisters grilled me about UC- saying I was taking a risk having a baby at home- to which I said it's an even breater risk to birth in a disease-ridden hospital. They are soooooo uneducated! And sadly they are not capable of switching their paradigm and looking at it from another point of view. That are of the mind that doctors are there to help- My dh said "Absolutely, and if I get into a car accident- I hope to be seen by a doctor!"
One sister wanted my to be empathetic to the OB "just doing their job"
Total BS! I said NO- I don't have to empathise with them- I am the one in labor.
Ignorance is not bliss- it's stupidity.
One sister said"Are you prepared to handle the guilt of a dead baby, that could have survived if you gave birth in the hospital?"
How inconsiderate-rude-unlearned-and a completely assanine statement that was!
I told them I was prepared for the "dead baby scenario" It would be irresponsible of me not to prepare for the worst.
They said - what do you do if something goes wrong...I reply Like what?
They couldn't respond to that. Why???? Because they don't know jack!
Definately not something I wanted to deal with at this point of the pregnancy- being already high strung from this prodromal labor and becoming anxious as well.
THANK GOD Greg was there to slap them into reality. Funny- they'll listen to him, but because I am the baby of the family, my opinion is irrelevent.
One sister said- its safer in the hopsital. Greg said- show me the statistics that support that claim- she replied, I don't have to- its common sense...
Uhm, no......its common opinion- not sense.
They just can't turn the corner and comprehend our natural GOD GIVEN ability to birth. They have been duped by society, the medical community that their manner of birth is the proper way.
They're all very religious which kills me because we throw the whole "Total Faith in God" in their faces and they can't respond to that. Faith in God is complete- not selective! They just go off and change the subject.
They will not win- andwhat's more, they are probably trying very hard to justify their birth process and in no way realted to their childrens trauma from birth and life long illnesses they suffer because of their violet birth experiences. And that is what Greg and I believe- birth in the hospital or any medically managed birth is violent. Think about it- all the shouting, pushing, man-handling, drugs, tools, battles internal and external. Who needs that? Did GOD make a mistake when he made a woman with the ability to birth? Is this HIS fatal flaw? Did He decide- everything else is good, but vaginas, oh I better get some doctors down there to fix my screw-up!

Okay- enough ranting- can ya tell I need to give birth!?!?!?!
Last night was a doosey of p-labor. Any time now would be fine.

Lots of love- thanks for letting me vent and dump some stress!
Thank you for that rant. My family is not supportive of a homebirth, yet alone an UC. I needed that

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#64 of 130 Old 03-19-2006, 02:44 PM

nak

hugs, amy!!!! i can totally relate to your post, nodding my head as i read.
thinking of you and sending you love and positive energy!

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#65 of 130 Old 03-20-2006, 02:44 AM

I needed that too, Amyjean, thank you! I can't believe your (what am I saying, I know exactly what you're dealing with!!!) family attacked you like that practically while you're giving birth! What a wonderful man you have in your life!

I'm so frustrated lately... feeling like I can't talk to anyone but the people on MDC about so many things that are important to me.

But at least I have y'all.

lizzie

PS- More happy labor vibes to you, Amyjean!!

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#66 of 130 Old 03-20-2006, 09:59 AM

Oi, sorry you're getting such grief from your family. I hope baby is here or seriously on the way now.. *grin*

I'm er.. looking forward to finally telling my dad and his wife that we did a planned UC (they think we had a midwife at home, heh.. so did not want to deal with their fears during pregnancy and come birthing time.. his wife was already scared of the idea of birthing at home with a midwife, so ya'll could imagine how she is at the thought of UC, lol)

Lots of yummy birthing and safe space vibes headed your way from here!

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

#67 of 130 Old 03-21-2006, 08:17 PM

Hmmmm...me thinks Amy may be holding babe right about now? Haven't heard from her, so hopefully she's babymooning! Thinking of you, Amy!

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#68 of 130 Old 03-21-2006, 08:22 PM

sorry Kate- I got nothing- just a big belly and a sense of helplessness. What a freaking emotional rollercoaster I am on!
Tonight I must sleep- I've been getting 3-4 hrs a night and it's making me batty!
I'll keep you posted
love love love
amyjean

#69 of 130 Old 03-21-2006, 08:26 PM

Amyjean, I'm still sending you labor vibes. I think tonight I'll send you good sleep vibes!!

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#70 of 130 Old 03-21-2006, 08:59 PM

(((Amyjean))) Hope you get some sleep tonight!!

Rachel ~ homeschooling mama to six.
#71 of 130 Old 03-22-2006, 02:01 PM

subscribing ...

will introduce myself when the wee babe is sleeping ...
#72 of 130 Old 03-22-2006, 02:09 PM

i am still in the land of hyperemesis.

the Sepia has not been working for me. my homeopath had 2 more remedies for me, Cuprum (for the violent spasms of vomitting) and phos. acidum, for dehydration. anyway... the good news is i am gaining some lost weight, at least in the last couple days. today has been really afwul, not keeping much down. but yesterday was ok.

i am feeling like i do in transition in labor: i can't do this anymore. i am so sick, so sick of being sick, feeling pretty alone and like no one can relate ( like dh, for example...). i am having thoughts like, this is it, no more babies (like i had last time, too...) and i hope this means i am almost ready to recover. i need to get better. this just isnt working.

i am ten weeks, 2 days.

amy: thinking of you, mama <3

tabitha

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
#73 of 130 Old 03-22-2006, 02:46 PM

Tabitha, I have been wondering how you've been. I'm sad to hear not so good. I do know how you feel, I felt the same with my other two and some like that this time too (many monents of breaking down and crying that I just don't want to feel sick anymore ). My morning sickness hasn't turned into hyperemesis yet this time (I'm 8 weeks) but I have still felt pretty damn bad. I am hoping your's is almost over and you will be feeling good very very soon (can't be soon enough!!).

Heather

#74 of 130 Old 03-22-2006, 04:07 PM

12 weeks with hyperemesis. Sepia isn't helping. I am going to try Ipecac (sp).

Can't wait til October!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#75 of 130 Old 03-23-2006, 04:13 PM

Amyjean, I hope you got some rest!!

Tabitha and Evergreen, I'm so sorry you are both so sick, I know it just sucks. I hope it's over for both of you soon!!

I woke up with a cold this morning, ugh. Well at least it has hindered my sense of smell a little bit.

#76 of 130 Old 03-23-2006, 04:37 PM

so, is amy holding her sweet little one yet?

successful #2 Jan. 25th - welcome Maisie Elise!
#77 of 130 Old 03-24-2006, 03:53 AM

Well she better be! I hope they're sleeping sweetly together! You mamas struggling with hyperemesis, and and I hope time flies by for you! of happy sleep, happy labor, and calm, relaxed tummies for pg mamas!!!

lizzie

#78 of 130 Old 03-24-2006, 09:19 AM

HI Mamas. I hate to be such a downer around here lately. Sorry to report that this baby is never coming. Today I just want to lay around and cry. Greg bought some castor oil, I'll try tonight, but I just have given up. I'm sleeping about 4 hours a day now, between bedtime and naps. I and beyond irritable and getting depressed. We're doing accupressure, massage, spicy food, (Can't do sex because I just can't muster up any strength and the girls are wired for sound these days!)
I went for a brisk walk yesterday, might go again today. I am just so big and fat and off balance and cranky and tired and UGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Any words of wisdom? Can someone SLAP me out of this funk P L E A S E?!?!?!
love love love

#79 of 130 Old 03-24-2006, 09:19 AM

sorry- double post

#80 of 130 Old 03-24-2006, 10:15 AM

Amy, you're so close. You're just so close. Every time you feel yourself slipping further away, it's actually getting you closer to birth. sometimes you just need time and space to let go. Do whatever you feel a calling to do. If you want to walk... walk. If you want to walk because you think you should... don't walk! Just do only what you want to do.

Get out of the house or send everyone else away if you feel like you need space.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#81 of 130 Old 03-24-2006, 01:40 PM

:

Amyjean, 's to you. And I'm still sending you labor vibes and you have been in my thoughts. You really are so so close!!!

~Heather

#82 of 130 Old 03-24-2006, 03:51 PM

I don't know why... but I always seem to overlook this thread every time I come to the UC area It's like it's cloaked or something LOL!

At any rate I think I may have done an intro once before but I can't remember. Preggy brains.

I'm Kristie and I want to join this thread ( Hi Kristie!) I've been pregnant now for 13 weeks and I'm having a UP/UC.

I guess I should sit back and try to get in where I fit in, eh? Glad to be here!

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#83 of 130 Old 03-24-2006, 04:48 PM

Welcome Kristie and Congrats!!!

#84 of 130 Old 03-24-2006, 05:26 PM

(((Amyjean))) I know how you feel! Sending you more easy labor vibes! A little advice on the castor oil if you decide to use it, start with a smaller amount. I've used it in the past (and I know there are plenty of mama's here who disagree with it's use, I don't want to debate whether it should be used or not) and for me personally, 1 tablespoon was always enough to get labor going within a couple of hours.

Rachel ~ homeschooling mama to six.
#85 of 130 Old 03-24-2006, 11:10 PM

Yep... just butting in to add this... just remember that Caster Oil = cramps. MAJOR ones in the #2 department So keep that in mind when you decide how much to take. I've seen ( and have done it myself but won't ever again) so many mamas over kill thinking it wasn't working and they had really tough labors due to the added pressure from intestinal cramping. Yuck. A little goes a long way if you must. GL though, I know how aweful it feels to be ready NOW. 2 of my 3 took their time making an appearance.

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#86 of 130 Old 03-26-2006, 01:46 PM

Welcome to Milkymommi!

Amy, sending you love and hugs.

Tabitha & Evergreen, I didn't see your posts before. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear you have hyperemesis! I had it and was just awful. I'd never been in the hospital except for my own birth until I had HG. I hope you guys can make it through. I'm not usually a medical sort of gal, but hyperemesis forced me to be when I couldn't get out of bed and was vomiting blood in excess of 40 times a day. Gosh, you guys, just get through this! Hopefully it will stop for you when you're well out of your 1st trimesters, but if it doesn't just know you have company. Just get through!

Here's some information that really helped me when I couldn't think clearly and was trying to figure out if I should go in to the hospital. If you feel like you aren't thinking clearly, have your partner or someone close to you read through the list and help you decide whether or not to get care.

If you cannot keep more than a few bites of food or a few sips of water down for 24 hours or more, lose 2 or more pounds (0.9 kg) in one week, vomit blood, faint, or generally feel very unwell, call your practitioner. If you have several of these symptoms and it is after working hours, you may need someone to take you to the ER or an urgent care center.

You can buy Ketostix at a local pharmacy without a prescription. These test your level of dehydration and starvation. If you have ketones in your urine (the test is positive), you will need to get fluids through an intravenous (IV) line at the doctor's office, ER, hospital, or an urgent care center. Ketones may be harmful to the baby and mom if not treated.

If you have been vomiting for several weeks and eating very little, you will also need vitamins in your IV. Sometimes this is forgotten, so make sure you ask about it, it is very important. B-vitamins are most critical as they are depleted rapidly by vomiting and lack of eating. Remember, dehydration and ketones worsen your nausea and vomiting and need to be monitored closely.

Call your health professional if you experience any of the following:

Abdominal pain, bleeding, or cramping
Difficulty thinking or focusing
Difficulty walking or talking
Extreme fatigue and very low energy
Little if any food or fluids stay down for over 24 hours
Little saliva and a dry mouth
Moderate or severe headache and/or fever
Muscular weakness or severe cramping
Repeated vomiting or retching daily
Severe nausea that keeps you from eating/drinking
Shortness of breath or dizziness
Urination is infrequent (over 8 hours) and minimal amount
Urine is dark yellow and concentrated
Visual disturbances, or fainting
Vomit is red with blood or yellow with bile
Weight loss of 2 pounds (0.9 kg) or more in a week

Just get through, there's a sweet baby waiting for you when this all passes! Also, check out http://www.hyperemesis.org/

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#87 of 130 Old 03-26-2006, 05:21 PM

HI all- no baby. I haven't ventured into the castor oil thing just yet- saving it as a last resort, things are coming out pretty loose anyway. Today I am patient. Keeping busy with the babies on the outside and chatting with my inny-baby.
Greg is making his killer lasagna- my comfort food. Chilling out with my oldest watching Bugs Bunny and rolling through the flexes. We went to the playground for an hour and had fun- loved the looks from the other mamas as I waddled by as big as a house! I seriously look like I have 2 in there!
I feel good. Baby is moving and I have a bit of energy. Greg actually took everyone down to the kitchen this morning and let me sleep in until Lunchtime! What a guy!!!!!!
I'll keep posting
Thanks for the love and vibes mamas! I am so lucky to have you all!

Be well

#88 of 130 Old 03-27-2006, 01:16 PM

Amyjean, it so good to hear that you are in a better place!! Way to go dh letting you sleep in and making yummy lasagna!!

Heather

#89 of 130 Old 03-27-2006, 03:42 PM

Thaks for the hyperemesis stuff! Mine is slowly getting a little better, well, I think it just has its off days! I go to the hospital to get IVs when I am dehydrated. It sucks and is cold, I just can't imagine giving birth there.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#90 of 130 Old 03-27-2006, 08:12 PM

Amyjean, so glad to hear you sounding upbeat, but sister, if you need to bitch, let us have it. We're all here for you!! I'm glad you'll have at least this good day to remember in the midst of these last few days before birth! I *think* I'll be off-line for real this weekend, for however long, so I hope hope hope that we hear good things before then! I'll have a cow if I have to leave before I know how things went for you!

Welcome Kirstie!!

Tabitha and Evergreen, I hope things are smoothing out for you two.

lizzie

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page