help a local baby was taken away for having a uc! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 394 Old 06-06-2006, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaverdi
I hope this is good news as it seems it is...CPS is such a shady organization. We are still keeping you all in our thoughts here.
We found out yesterday that it is not over yet. Apparently, the letter we got didn't really mean anything. It turns out that the only reason we got it was because we were reported while my wife was still pregnant and all reports during pregnancy are automatically ruled unfounded. So, we will still have to go to court again. The date is set for June 19. If you are confused, so are we. I think the only way we would lose in court is if the judge is not impartial and sides with the CPS Nazis no matter what. Which is something I am afraid will happen.

One good thing I can report is that our sw got an education about co-sleeping. When my wife took Pearl to the Doctor the other day, the sw showed up there too and asked my wife all sorts of questions. (this is the second sw on our case) She asked my wife if we had a crib. Of course we don't since we co-sleep. The sw was alarmed. But the Doctor told the sw that co-sleeping is actually a cultural thing and is not harmful. We were amazed that the Doc. would actually go against the American Academy Of Peds! I should also add that this was not the Doc. they ordered us to see because he is on vacation right now. The Doc. we were ordered to see would probably be against co-sleeping.
#362 of 394 Old 06-07-2006, 01:42 AM

pearl'sdaddy~ this is very scary and sickening. I really want to do something to help. People are so *unevolved*! They need a lesson in simplicity, and nature. I wish you all the VERY best of luck on your court date. Be as passionate about how you feel you are raising your daughter as possible! Hopefully there is some sanity in the judge.:
#363 of 394 Old 06-07-2006, 05:16 PM

pearl'sdaddy, I am just so relieved that your baby is at least with you instead of in foster care like some babies. I am so sorry this is happening. mothering is a good resource of information if you would like to back up your parenting decisions with facts and studies. We would also ALL be willing to write letters to the judge about Attachment Parenting, and even concerning Post-Partum if that is a concern. I have been on meds for several years, all through my pregnancy and while breastfeeding, so I know it does not automatically endanger a baby or rule out breastmilk.

We are praying for you and your family and your baby and I am so glad she is in your arms day and night instead of with strangers!
#364 of 394 Old 06-09-2006, 11:13 AM

http://www.governor.wa.gov/ofco/reports.htm
Hopefully you have already heard of these guys and reported the missuse of your case to them. If the link doesn't work, they are called Children's Omsbudman office. They basically investigate illeagal, unnecesary, or unreasonable cps action in WA state. Every cps office has their number and legally has to give it to you (though unfortunantly, I don't know if they have to even tell you it exists unless you ask )
Hopefully they will be able to help you with your case. Unfortunantly, things like having your child taken away for a couple days unnecesarily, you will prob. just get a letter of apology, and they will "train" their workers to do better - which has no concrete results.
Praying for you and your family.
#365 of 394 Old 06-09-2006, 11:37 AM

Pearl'sDaddy

I'm so glad you at least were able to get her out of foster care! Our newborn was born the day yours came home and we're fighting CPS now too. It's just a nightmare.

I wish you the best of luck in court. We have a hearing 3 days after yours, but like you we've learned not to trust judges or the court because they rubber stamp whatever CPS wants and CPS lies and hen sideswipes parents in court.

Do you guys have a good attorney?

If you're going to contact the Ombudsman, there are some rules of engagement...we've done it.

First, a written complaint tends to get more action than a called in complaint. This is because it starts a paper trail.

Second, complaints filed by the parents hold the least clout. They assume all parents will want the Ombudsman to investigate, and take it with a grain of salt. If you can get someone in a position of authority to sign or file your complaint, they'll be more inclined to listen. Doctors, lawyers, state representatives, etc. In my state, anyone can file a complaint with the Ombudsman. You can check your state's laws, my Ombudsman has them right on their website.

We had to call the Ombudsman repeatedly (every other day) until they actually assigned us an investigator and now we have to call HIM regularly to make sure that he's actually investigating and knows what's going on. It can really wear you down but what's a parent to do? Our kids are all that we have.

Good luck to you and your family. I still pray for you guys.
#366 of 394 Old 06-09-2006, 12:56 PM

Pearl's daddy , you and your family have been in my thoughts and will continue to be. I am hoping this nightmare ends for you very soon!

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#367 of 394 Old 06-09-2006, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibekindheart
Pearl'sDaddy

I'm so glad you at least were able to get her out of foster care! Our newborn was born the day yours came home and we're fighting CPS now too. It's just a nightmare..
Are your babies with you or are they being tossed around foster care?
#368 of 394 Old 06-19-2006, 10:14 PM

It's over!!!!!!!! I went to court today and met with our attorney. Our case was going to go to trial because we were contesting the dependency petition. We were able to reach an agreement to have the case dismissed. Of course we know why they are doing this- because they didn't have a case in the first place and they were just trying to drag it out as long as possible to just before the trial. Since our family has been persecuted by Washington state so much, my wife and I have decided to move back to our native San Jose, California to be closer with family and friends. So the agreement says that we will be allowed to leave WA state at anytime. We are going to take them up on that offer and are packing up to get the heck out of this state by the end of the week. Good riddance Spokane, Washington.
#369 of 394 Old 06-19-2006, 10:18 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That must be a huge relief to finally have closure. Good luck in greener pastures...
#370 of 394 Old 06-19-2006, 10:49 PM

WONDERFUL NEWS! best of luck in your move and getting settled back with family and friends.
#371 of 394 Old 06-19-2006, 11:06 PM

GREAT NEWS!!!!! CONGRATS!!! So glad to hear of a happy ending!!!!

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#372 of 394 Old 06-19-2006, 11:32 PM

I am sorry that you have to move but so glad the entire case was dismissed! :
#373 of 394 Old 06-19-2006, 11:36 PM

Good luck with the move! Thank you for sharing the good news!
Come back to MDC sometime
#374 of 394 Old 06-19-2006, 11:52 PM

I am so happy for you!!!

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#375 of 394 Old 06-20-2006, 12:11 AM

Yay!
#376 of 394 Old 06-20-2006, 01:29 AM

Good for you Pearlsdaddy!!!!!!!! I am so very happy for your family!

I am sorry for what they put you through.......it sickens me. I'm glad you're moving & getting away from that awful place.

Many blessings to you & your family.

Greenlee's Forest *intentional jewelry* a secret Journal locket!
Me My Blog Mama to 7 babes & four spirit babies
#377 of 394 Old 06-20-2006, 01:56 AM

I'm so happy for your family & you! :

Also, welcome back to CA!
#378 of 394 Old 06-20-2006, 02:04 AM

So happy for you guys! Good luck on your move, we'd do the exact same thing!

Amy ~ Web Designing Single Mom to 4: DD14, DS12, DS5, DS3
#379 of 394 Old 06-20-2006, 06:53 PM

YAY!!!! I don't blame you one bit for getting the hell out of there. Good luck and much peace to you all during your move!

#380 of 394 Old 06-20-2006, 06:57 PM

I hope now that your case is closed, you will speak out about it. You did not break any laws, and no one was hurt by your actions. Yet your children were taken from you, traumatizing your family and interfering with bonding. If it were me (and I'm not normally litigious) I would look into suing as well.
#381 of 394 Old 06-21-2006, 12:01 AM

so far i have only read the first 3 pages of posts, but i just wanted to say that this is REDICULOUS! havign had a bit of experience with CPS (or as its called in NJ, DYFS- Department of Youth and Family Services), yes, they do help some kids/families (i was living with my father, our house was so dirty teh Board of Health was telling us to clean it, etc- though i had to make a serious threat to make sure i was taken seriously), but once the child is removed from the home, they are no longer a 'priority'. It takes forever to get in touch with a caseworker to get permission to go out of state, to arrange family visits (they didnt want to allow me to have a SUPERVISED visit with my aunt, because since she did not want to take me in, they didnt think i should see her). Plus, the fact that i had 11 caseworkers in 3 years tells a lot about how fast caseworkers can get burnt out trying to 'help' families (my 11th caseworker was assigned to me 2 days before i aged out of the system)

*positive vibes for the family, whatever the outcome is at this point*
#382 of 394 Old 06-28-2006, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl'sDaddy
It's over!!!!!!!! I went to court today and met with our attorney. Our case was going to go to trial because we were contesting the dependency petition. We were able to reach an agreement to have the case dismissed. Of course we know why they are doing this- because they didn't have a case in the first place and they were just trying to drag it out as long as possible to just before the trial. Since our family has been persecuted by Washington state so much, my wife and I have decided to move back to our native San Jose, California to be closer with family and friends. So the agreement says that we will be allowed to leave WA state at anytime. We are going to take them up on that offer and are packing up to get the heck out of this state by the end of the week. Good riddance Spokane, Washington.
Please take a minute to write a letter to the chamber of commerce, and let them know that they lost business because of CPS abuse. Show them that they are losing money because of the bad name CPS just gave Spokane.

Just found this thread, but adding my prayers anyways.
#383 of 394 Old 07-08-2006, 01:53 PM

I wanted everyone on the forum to know that my wife Karen, our daughter Pearl and I are now safe in California. We were afraid that CPS in WA might make a referal to the CPS in CA. But we found out that the WA CPS is not going to do that. It feels so great to not live in fear of CPS here. We can now just focus on enjoying our beautiful daughter. We never want to set foot in Spokane again. All of our family here is happy that we are back and I was albe to get my old job back

Maybe I should start another thread for this, but in Spokane, there was this group called the "Mamma's Group" that my wife would go to. She really enjoyed that. It's the one thing she misses about Spokane. She would like to find a similar attachment parenting group here in San Jose. If anyone on this forum knows of any group like that or would like to form one, please let us know. You could post it here or email me at kg6onn@arrl.net Thanks so much.
#384 of 394 Old 07-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Banned

Happy to hear you and your family are safe!
#385 of 394 Old 07-08-2006, 02:01 PM

I am so happy you are safe now and can relax.

#386 of 394 Old 07-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Banned

Thank God. I'm so happy to hear that you are all safe. Is UC illegal in Wa state??
#387 of 394 Old 07-08-2006, 03:05 PM

What wonderful luck that you were able to get your old job back. I am so happy for you and your family!
#388 of 394 Old 07-08-2006, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyKat
Is UC illegal in Wa state??
No.

Pearl'sDaddy, I'm glad you guys are out of the system now.

Gotta say though, I'm from San Jose, and disliked it so much I ran far far away as soon as I was of age, so it's funny to think of it being a safe haven.

Also wanted to mention that this sort of thing isn't just with birth, isn't just wiht children. My DH was in his mid20s and had a bout of depression. Was on Paxil for a bit but it made it worse, so he went off. His insurance company had something in their records about his diagnosis.

A while later he started getting blinding headaches, and was ultimately diagnosed with a benign but fast growing brain tumor. They gave him 6 months to live without treatment.

He took some time to look into their plan (radiation pointed at the brain = not pretty) and found an MD who worked alternatively. Told the diagnosing doctors (in Seattle, by the way, at UW medical center) "thanks but no thanks".

Because they had access to his insurance information, they had access to his previous treatment for depression. They decided he was trying to kill himself, and threatened committment and treatment against HIS will.

DH had to hire a lawyer that he kept on retainer for a couple years, to keep them from doing such a thing.

Of course, there's no CPS to take you away from you, right? So when it's about yourself, you have a lot more wiggle room than if the decider is another person than the one about whom decisions are being made.

Still, it's the same nonsense. Thankfully he never had a bit of radiation or chemo, did all natural things, and came through it without the tumor. Even has the follow-up MRIs to prove it (in cases like this people usually drop entirely out of the System, so MDs later say they must have been wrong about the diagnosis and there was never any cancer at all).

consent forms....I was too busy to sign anything while being admitted to the hospital. But later they kept shoving forms in our faces. We started modifying their forms. They were mad at us but let us.

Later the sOB came in with his own little handwritten form saying that I was refusing to comply and did I know what I was doing. I signed that.

They still couldn't figure out why we were there (no one, I think, had told them we were there to be close to the NICU b/c the midwives were scared of meconium) and wouldn't allow me to do ANYTHING to help myself....

When they finally bullied me into an epidural with a 2 hour maximum and if nothing had changed, then surgery....I signed NOTHING, it was all verbal.

And of course the massive dose of heroin, er fentanyl, they gave me plus the huge epidural (I forgot I was PREGNANT, I was so drugged) really should have made any verbal consents I gave null and void, don't you think? I wouldn't even have been allowed to get a tattoo at a good parlor with all that in my system....:

I later signed the consent forms to the surgery hours AFTER having it....

And the forms were dated back to BEFORE.....

When I requested my records there were lies about DS's condition at birth (blue, limp, difficulty breathing, despite the fact that he was PINK, shaking all over, and SCREAMING his head off from the MOMENT he was taken out), and that little handwritten thing the sOB made me sign was missing.....
#389 of 394 Old 07-08-2006, 05:18 PM

(By the way, after his experience, DH will NEVER use his insurance to pay for depression treatment, whether it's medical or counseling. No so.sec. numbers, no insurance, nothing to be traced back to him, just in case anything like that happens to him again....)
#390 of 394 Old 07-08-2006, 11:44 PM

It's just maddening, isn't it? I don't even know what to say beyond that. I mean, right now in my town, a mommy is being tried for murder because her daughter died of meningitis and they said she should have taken her to a doctor instead of treating her ear-ache and headaches at home. How many doctors do YOU know who do a spinal tap when you bring your kid in for an ear-ache? And if the doctors missed it, would they be accused of murder? Just nuts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page