help a local baby was taken away for having a uc! - Page 14 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#391 of 394 Old 07-12-2006, 05:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi I have been lurking on this thread. I have only had a hb with mw but it has been a desire of mine to have an uc. I just wanted to say I have been following this thread and I am so glad and relieved that you and your family are happy and safe in CA and I hope all goes well from now on for you. Congratulations on you dd!
#392 of 394 Old 07-12-2006, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyeilis
(By the way, after his experience, DH will NEVER use his insurance to pay for depression treatment, whether it's medical or counseling. No so.sec. numbers, no insurance, nothing to be traced back to him, just in case anything like that happens to him again....)
As for Paxil making your hubby worse and so forth, followed by a brain tumor... I have heard of the antidepressants being linked to brain tumors and other cancers... even pituitary tumors. If it were me I would be suing the drug companies after an experience like that. I have thought about suing several times just to get them to increase their warnings, but these companies are so powerful that the majority of people who sue end up settling and having all records pertaining to their case sealed in exchange for the hush money.

These drugs are just not safe. Paxil is just about the worst one you can take too, with 6 times the number of people becoming suicidal as those who took no drug whatsoever. You could do some research about these drugs... I nearly went totally wacko on Zoloft but now that I am off I am totally fine.

You can read my story at http://chaada.org/smf/index.php?topic=15.0
Also see more about governmental abuse at
http://www.chaada.org/ImportantNews.html

NJ recently passed a law requiring mandatory mental health "screening" for PPD for ALL NEW MOTHERS (anyone who just gave birth). Pretty scary.

I highly recommend the site www.breggin.com and www.drugawareness.org as well.
#393 of 394 Old 07-13-2006, 01:35 AM

I'm so happy that you guys are safe now!
#394 of 394 Old 07-13-2006, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboobaAES
As for Paxil making your hubby worse and so forth, followed by a brain tumor... I have heard of the antidepressants being linked to brain tumors and other cancers... even pituitary tumors.
Ohhhhh my gosh. I don't think he's heard of that....

I'm not sure just how long he was on it, but it wasn't long. Long enough to expect to see solid results, and long enough for simply awful awful side effects (you know how the welbutrin xl ads say "low chance of sexual side effects"? well he had some side effects in that area of his life and they made him MORE suicidal and depressed than he had ever been) to start up. His doc made noises about him having therapy alongside the drugs but he refused (now he knows better), and then wouldn't help him come down slowly from the drug, so he went cold turkey and can't even describe what happened during the withdrawal period....

I'll be telling him about what you've said, most definitely.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page