Forum Jump: 

#121 of 394 Old 04-11-2006, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown eyed girls
That's just stupid.
Your entire post was great, but this part (the simplest part) summed it all up.

This was such a terrible, sick, STUPID thing for CPS to do, and it will/has required all sorts of complex, (lawyer, etc.) heartwrenching (forced? meds, forced formula, health prob.s from formula...) actions on the victims. One person's ignorance has and is creating untold pain in so many others.

And it's just stupid.
#122 of 394 Old 04-11-2006, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

just got off the phone withthe daddy.
turns out the mom's psychiatrist (sp?) is the one who turned them in to cps for planning to uc. the meds that she agreed to take are for depression and they are going to a dr right now to see if they can get a different med that she can bf with. she is still pumping. the case is still open, so if we write letters and whotnot, please be aware to not make this any harder for them. they are not out of the woods yet. no names or anything. i think that was it for now. hope this answers some questions...
#123 of 394 Old 04-11-2006, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

oh and sorry about the spelling
#124 of 394 Old 04-11-2006, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckersmom
i haven't gotten to rad the last page of responses, hopefully after my dc go to bed. Court is scheduled for monday morning and right now, their lawyer is not wanting any stink to be raised about this. CPS has said that the only reason they are "working with them" is because the parents have been so cooperative, so we don't want to mess this up for them. We plan on going to court with them to show our support and then if they dont get the baby back we will head off to picket. When this is all over, there is no way I am letting this go away quietly though. I am so riled up, this is obiviously a subject very close to my heart. I haven't been able to sleep thinking about how lucky we were that some naysayer didn't turn us in..... ugh. I plan on contacting the paper, writing letters to the dr and hospital that called cps, and probably picketing cps just for the heck of it, they should NOT be allowed to punish this family for their birth choices.
...also, they got to see their dd on friday and felt better about the situation after meeting the foster mom. everyone please keep praying for this family and hopefully this will end soon.
I will be participating in whatever you decide to do after theis is over. The news needs to know, people need to know what is going on in WASHington. This is not the first baby taken for no reason.

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#125 of 394 Old 04-11-2006, 05:34 PM

Quote:
so my question is now what? cps's official story is that they took the baby because she was obviously ill and the parents were not going to take her to the hospital. they said she had ajundice and circulation issues. neither was true, but she did have a slight eye infection and thrush, so they took her to a foster family. so this has NOTHING to do with the uc right? yeah right.... so what do we protest? what do we say to the media? keeping in mind this is a fairly conservative town and most people do think uc is irresponsible...
Wow, so are they going to start taking all babies aways who have an eye infection or thrush??!! GIve me a break. i don't think I could be angrier.

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#126 of 394 Old 04-11-2006, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthFree
If I may comment on what their lawyer said...

That's EXACTLY why this kind of stuff continues to happen... CPS never gets their bums put where they should be when they do erronous stuff... the families are just relieved to be done with the situation (and I don't blame them) but that means that other families have to go through the same crap later on.

I don't think the family really should say anything, but the rest of us certainly could.
~Julie
Exactly!!

#127 of 394 Old 04-11-2006, 05:38 PM

Quote:
i don't have all of the details yet about the agreement they signed, but she did say she wasn't supposed to bf w/the meds they had her put on
What?! There are so many meds you can be on and still breastfeed! Are they trying to ruin this family??!! UGH! I am just sick.

#128 of 394 Old 04-11-2006, 05:39 PM

This is so terrible. I'm very far away from Washington, but I'm keeping an eye on this thread and I really hope everything turns out okay. My prayers are with the family.
#129 of 394 Old 04-11-2006, 05:42 PM

Brianna, when you talk to her again, will you mention that she can email Dr. Jack Newman for information on medications that are safe for breastfeeding? He's considered North America's expert, and he will answer the email within 48 hours. I emailed him once. drjacknewman@sympatico.ca
His book, The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers, talks about meds for depression on pages 251-254.
#130 of 394 Old 04-11-2006, 05:57 PM

Quote:
just got off the phone withthe daddy.
turns out the mom's psychiatrist (sp?) is the one who turned them in to cps for planning to uc. the meds that she agreed to take are for depression and they are going to a dr right now to see if they can get a different med that she can bf with. she is still pumping. the case is still open, so if we write letters and whotnot, please be aware to not make this any harder for them. they are not out of the woods yet. no names or anything. i think that was it for now. hope this answers some questions...
Almost ALL anti-depressants are ok for nursing. They need to actually look up the drug. Do you know what it is? That is what happened to my friend...she told her counselor that she felt like a bad mom because she was playing on the computer too much(which is in a different room than the living area0, and the doc called cps and said she locked herself inthe room all day. A total lie, and my frind is an ap parent, so of course she felt guilty, most parents in the usa are more neglectful than she, it's just the guilt you feel as a mom who actually thinks about these things can be so great and told to a "professional" blown totally out of proportion.

#131 of 394 Old 04-11-2006, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How very scary There are a lot of depression meds bfing moms can take. Blah. I hope it all works out.

I can't believe her psychiatrist betrayed her in such a way. How horrific.
#132 of 394 Old 04-11-2006, 06:08 PM

Brianna, I'm going to keep watching this thread even while I'm out of town. I'll send a letter from AZ if I have to. All of your involvement in this is awesome, mama.
#133 of 394 Old 04-11-2006, 08:28 PM

This story makes me sooooo angry! I live here in Washington and I just can't believe this happened, it's absolutely horrifying! Should we start a donation fund for the family to get a better lawyer? And a letter writing campaign, although I dont really know who to write to......
I am hopping mad! I hope the mama is breastfeeding anyway, that whole thing is just a load of crap. There is a 24hr phone help line here in Washington that you can call to ask about medicines and breastfeeding, I wish I could remember what it is...
#134 of 394 Old 04-11-2006, 09:53 PM

Hey, I was wondering, are they allowed to feed pumped milk?
#135 of 394 Old 04-11-2006, 10:10 PM

Seriously. I hope someone who knows this gal will advise her to bring a lawsuit against that psychatrist. Psychiatrists do have an obligation to rat out people who are about to kill or harm someone but having a homebirth does not in any way meet that standard. She should sue him in civil court and do what she can to get his license revoked.
#136 of 394 Old 04-11-2006, 10:23 PM

my heart goes out to this family

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#137 of 394 Old 04-11-2006, 10:26 PM

I'd like to know the psychiatrist's name. I hope they sue too.
#138 of 394 Old 04-11-2006, 10:41 PM

First, I am so relieved that they got the baby back.

I'm angry about this pyschiatrist too. What a way to make anyone who does anything "alternative" in regards to parenting or birth afraid to seek help if they feel they need to do so.
#139 of 394 Old 04-11-2006, 11:04 PM

Total violation of patient/Dr. confidentiality!

I'm willing to participate in any way needed all the way from CT and I know a gaggle of other homebirthing mamas etc that will join right in from the opposite coast. Hopefully THAT will send a very clear message of support for this poor family. Where should we send letters? I'll need some pretty major specifics since we're faaaaar away

Hathor ... you should draw up a sassy little cartoon and have it published in a local newspaper there

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#140 of 394 Old 04-11-2006, 11:11 PM

Quote:
This just blows me away. I haven't posted before to this thread but I have been reading and I am just flabberghasted (for lack of a better word at the moment) that her psychiatrist would break that doctor/patient bond so horribly. I think a fund to help this family fight this to the teeth is a wonderful idea.

Amy ~ Web Designing Single Mom to 4: DD14, DS12, DS5, DS3
#141 of 394 Old 04-11-2006, 11:36 PM

I'm also relieved they got their baby back and I hope the med thing gets worked out!

I think the psych. obviously had a flashback to that woman who killed her 5 kids (I'm not good with names) during her depression. So, perhaps she viewed her patient to have potential issues that might lead her in that direction. I'm sure that's what the psych. would go for, anyway, in a lawsuit. It doesn't say the Washington mama was at a psychotic stage or anything, but I jsut think that's what the psych.'s angle was when she reported her.

It's so dumb how this country uses fear-mongering to control us. It's the greatest example of consistent bad parenting!

I wish the family good luck with the rest of their trials. Their lawyer really does need to get off his butt and ATTACK the ppl behind this travesty. Isn't this type of thing what the ACLU is for?
#142 of 394 Old 04-11-2006, 11:54 PM
Banned

My god!

My head.. BOOM!!

If she and her husband could run for the border, we have a spare room. The house is a pig sty cause I've got morning sickness, but we have a room they could flop into....

Yah, yah... it means they did something wrong if they fled, but... MY GOD!!!
#143 of 394 Old 04-12-2006, 12:41 AM

Tuckersmom,

I'm also wondering if someone could start a fund for a better lawyer/suing the pyschiatrist/CPS/their current lawyer. I'd be willing to donate.

Thank you SO MUCH for posting details. I will know to be careful in future counseling sessions. It's just UNBELIEVABLE.
#144 of 394 Old 04-12-2006, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseMomme
First, I am so relieved that they got the baby back.

I'm angry about this pyschiatrist too. What a way to make anyone who does anything "alternative" in regards to parenting or birth afraid to seek help if they feel they need to do so.
EXACTLY!!! I know of at least one mom who needs to seek care but won't because of the couple of recent cases here.

#145 of 394 Old 04-12-2006, 01:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlec
Tuckersmom,

I'm also wondering if someone could start a fund for a better lawyer/suing the pyschiatrist/CPS/their current lawyer. I'd be willing to donate.

Thank you SO MUCH for posting details. I will know to be careful in future counseling sessions. It's just UNBELIEVABLE.
i would be glad to do it if someone can tell me how to go about it....
#146 of 394 Old 04-12-2006, 01:40 AM

These folks need a family law attorney based in WA, with experience dealing w CPS. Do they have one??
#147 of 394 Old 04-12-2006, 01:42 AM

I pretty much want to echo what everyone else has said. This is outrageous! She should be allowed to BF. If anything is going to make a mom more depressed its going to be going through all this legal @%#% right after her baby's born.

Hathor's new cartoon pretty much sums it up. (Thanks for doing that Hathor)

Heather Mike Married 8/1/99 Mom to Charlotte Aug 04, Nov 06, and Katherine Oct 07
#148 of 394 Old 04-12-2006, 01:48 AM

Holy Mother, not to BF...I'm shocked but it's not surprizing how the system (the md's & CPS), evil and corrupt in all aspects are..They are the living devils at work...

I too, think we as mamas all should help raise holy ...What can we do to help????

Just wait to CPS to get on the family's about vax's... It sicken's me!!!

Sending love to them and good vibes

Please keep us posted!
#149 of 394 Old 04-12-2006, 02:01 AM

Briana, I'd love to know who it was they were going to (who turned them in), I'll black-list that name to the ends of eternity around these parts. What a total crock... but beyond that person's idiotic reasoning, the fact that CPS responded to his call is just as bad.

I'm still praying for this family (I'm going to be out of town when she comes to MAMAS but please let her know she has my support and prayers). I think we really need to get this into the media... have you heard anything re: that? I know one of my friends contacted a friend in the Spok. Review...
~Julie

Mama to 4 amazing little people, another little expected 3/6/12!
Avid Unassisted Birth supporter/Mama

#150 of 394 Old 04-12-2006, 02:08 AM

Ok, I just read the whole thread. I am wondering does this mama even have depression? Is she being forced to take these meds to get her baby back? Or was she on them before? And if she seems depressed or anxious right now could it be because CPS stole her baby and isn't allowing her to BF??? I am so flippin' angry.
We had a little boy here who was beat to death by his step-father. CPS was called many many times. They left that poor boy with this crazy guy until he was killed. HOw on Earth do they justify that stuff? Leaving a child to die with obvious abuse (multiple hospital visits for broken bones etc) and then take a child just because of a homebirth and eye infection?
It makes me weep.

H

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page