UC pregnancy support - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 215 Old 05-02-2006, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm wanting to make an excel doc with weight, fundal height, blood pressure, heart rate, etc.. on it, but I've got a couple questions for those that are a bit more experienced than I. Isn't your fundal height supposed to be around the same cm as weeks as you are? I know it's not exact, but I'm just wondering. I'm 14-15 weeks about and my fundal height is measuring 18ish cm.

Mom to Dakota (6), Coy, (4), Max, (4), Lily (4), and Auri (June 19th 2010)!
Visit Lily's site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilymathis1
#122 of 215 Old 05-02-2006, 08:16 PM

That's the idea Kathryn (cm=weeks), so you and I would both be measuring ahead, which isn't at all abnormal. I don't remember if I measured on target, ahead or whatever with dd... honestly I've never been all that worried, but its good to have on record.
#123 of 215 Old 05-02-2006, 08:27 PM

Ok, that's what I was almost positive of. I know I measured very small with my daughter, but I was also super toned.

#124 of 215 Old 05-02-2006, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Isn't your fundal height supposed to be around the same cm as weeks as you are?
Approximately. But that doesn't mean that if you measure "ahead" or "behind" that there's necessarily something wrong. What is much more important is that the growth is consistent, following a curve rather than with big leaps.
#125 of 215 Old 05-02-2006, 11:37 PM

I measured exactly right on with ds the whole way through, and as we all know by now , he was a little bigger than average (12). This time I'm measuring a few weeks "ahead" but am gaining much less weight (and started smaller, too). Go figure.
#126 of 215 Old 05-03-2006, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourlittlebirds
Approximately. But that doesn't mean that if you measure "ahead" or "behind" that there's necessarily something wrong. What is much more important is that the growth is consistent, following a curve rather than with big leaps.
Oh yeah, I knew that. I just couldn't remember how many cm went with how many weeks and I wanted to be positive that I got it right.

#127 of 215 Old 05-03-2006, 10:34 AM

hi all!

i am over 16 weeks now, and my (voluntary) ultrasound is may 10th. i will feel a lot of relief seeing baby's body and heart function, so i look forward to it. i had blood work last week and should hear soon how it turned out. (iron levels, prenatal panel, thyroid).

i have been really awful about writing in my pregnancy journal, but life is very very busy right now. i think i am feeling baby kick now, when i relax or rest, which is rare!

morgansmom- thanks! we are struggling with milking right now as Nimue (mama) has mastitis. but we are all well. love my cows.

tabitha

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
#128 of 215 Old 05-03-2006, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

I'm 14 weeks today!!!!! Today was the first day I have felt good enough to go to our weekly homeschool group's park day. It was so nice to be around all my friends and for my kids to get to play with thier friends!! It sure was HOT today though.

Tabitha, I hope Nimue gets better soon!!

Heather

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#129 of 215 Old 05-06-2006, 06:15 AM

The weather here has been fantastic - we have been in the garden everyday playing in the sandpit, getting our vit D.

I received a copy of unassisted childbirth yesterday and can't seem to put it down - i like it alot - apart from where it says unassisted childbirth in England is illegal (not any more - but did cause a little panic). I have also been sent a copy of complete mother magazine which has lots of nice UC birth stories and some concious birth cd's to listen to and a book on lotus birth. Now i wan't planning a lotus birth - i didn't seem very practical with a toddler around, and i was thinking of making a smoothy with the placenta, but after reading through some of the book i quite like the idea. I like the fact that it makes you slow down after the birth - it can get so rushed with visitors, i like the idea of a transitionary period. I like the complete aura theory too.. Its something to think about over the next few weeks / months.

I had my routine blood tests done at 28 weeks as i'm going along with these things so the people in charge don't get suspicous. Well on tuesday i get a phone call from the doctors saying they have anote from the hospital saying they need a urine test. That night a million things go through my head - GD, pre E etc etc. The next day i go to the doctors and get the "note" which was nothing more than the bag for the urine sample with a dip stick test thing, no reason for test on it. I asked the receptionist and she said " its probebly to see if your pregnant (giggle giggle)". I had brought my own pot of wee with me so i just did the dipping thing (no idea what if what it did was right) and gave it back to them. I wrote down what was written on the form and from what i googled it seems like it might have been for a kidney infection... Well if it was then i did the urine test etc completely wrong, so the results will be incorrect anyway. I was so tempted to take a pot of dh's wee with me - but then i thought they might find somethinig seriously wrong (like that i was really a man!). I have no sysmptoms of a UTI or kidney infection, i think the bloods showed high WBC count, or maybe its something to do with all the fab foods and supplements i take, or something to do with the fact i was with my mother all day on the day they took the blood

Part of me never wants to go back to the midwives, i want to tell them i'm going to an independent and then not. I just want to talk to some people who have UC'd in the this country and get some inside information first.

I'm out for some shopping and cake with a friend this morning, so no time to check if this message makes sense or if its my normal jumble of nonsense.

Have a good day

Vikki

Mummy to T 06/04, L 08/06, R 08/09
:
#130 of 215 Old 05-06-2006, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Kathryn, I wouldn't be worried at all to have that fundal height difference. I have been a bit off with this pregnancy too. The only time I started to worry was when I was measuring ahead by 10cm and then by 12..... started picturing 15 babies living in there But, it turns out it was just the baby's position because the baby moved and my fundal height shrunk overnight and now I am only about 4cm ahead..... and that is probably due to being pretty fluffy and pretty untoned.

Wow, I can't believe that on Monday I will be 35 weeks!!!!! Holy cow, I need to really get things ready! My birth pool is in a box somewhere and I really want to find it and get it blown up..... I had a nightmare that I was birthing and I was sooooo mad because we didn't have the pool ready yet and I couldn't use it. I am really looking forward to this birth, but also really enjoying our last days of being a family of 4, the last days of Owen being the baby, the last few days before our lives change drastically. I know the change will be good, but I am also just really enjoying things as they are right now too.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#131 of 215 Old 05-06-2006, 10:54 AM

The weather here has been fantastic - we have been in the garden everyday playing in the sandpit, getting our vit D.

I received a copy of unassisted childbirth yesterday and can't seem to put it down - i like it alot - apart from where it says unassisted childbirth in England is illegal (not any more - but did cause a little panic). I have also been sent a copy of complete mother magazine which has lots of nice UC birth stories and some concious birth cd's to listen to and a book on lotus birth. Now i wan't planning a lotus birth - i didn't seem very practical with a toddler around, and i was thinking of making a smoothy with the placenta, but after reading through some of the book i quite like the idea. I like the fact that it makes you slow down after the birth - it can get so rushed with visitors, i like the idea of a transitionary period. I like the complete aura theory too.. Its something to think about over the next few weeks / months.

I had my routine blood tests done at 28 weeks as i'm going along with these things so the people in charge don't get suspicous. Well on tuesday i get a phone call from the doctors saying they have anote from the hospital saying they need a urine test. That night a million things go through my head - GD, pre E etc etc. The next day i go to the doctors and get the "note" which was nothing more than the bag for the urine sample with a dip stick test thing, no reason for test on it. I asked the receptionist and she said " its probebly to see if your pregnant (giggle giggle)". I had brought my own pot of wee with me so i just did the dipping thing (no idea what if what it did was right) and gave it back to them. I wrote down what was written on the form and from what i googled it seems like it might have been for a kidney infection... Well if it was then i did the urine test etc completely wrong, so the results will be incorrect anyway. I was so tempted to take a pot of dh's wee with me - but then i thought they might find somethinig seriously wrong (like that i was really a man!). I have no sysmptoms of a UTI or kidney infection, i think the bloods showed high WBC count, or maybe its something to do with all the fab foods and supplements i take, or something to do with the fact i was with my mother all day on the day they took the blood

Part of me never wants to go back to the midwives, i want to tell them i'm going to an independent and then not. I just want to talk to some people who have UC'd in the this country and get some inside information first.

I'm out for some shopping and cake with a friend this morning, so no time to check if this message makes sense or if its my normal jumble of nonsense.

Have a good day

Vikki

Mummy to T 06/04, L 08/06, R 08/09
:
#132 of 215 Old 05-06-2006, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

puddleduck, mmmmmmm cake sounds soooo good!!! I hope you figure out soon why they needed your urine and whatever it was it turns out to be okay!!

hotwings640, you are getting so close. How exciting!

Kathryn, I've read (can't remember where now) that fundal measurements are not as accurate to weeks of pregnancy before 20 weeks. Of course maybe I made that up and think I read it, my brain seemed to have went on vacation as of late.

I'm going to "mom's night out" with my homeschool group tonight!!!!! We are meeting at one of the mom's house and it's pot luck (YEAH food!!) and I'm hoping maybe there will be cake or at least brownies! Everyone is dressing like they will when they are 70 and telling us who they think they'll be at 70 and what they want their life to be like. I didn't have time to get together an outfit or the money but it will still be fun. I have been thinking of what I'll be like when I'm 70 though and I think I'll finally be at peace (although I hope it doesn't take that long) and really enjoying my life. I think I'll have a lot of grand kids and great grand kids and that it will be so wonderful to be surrounded by my family. I will have watched my children grow and I know I'll be cherishing those memories and the relationship I'll be having with them when they are grown. So much to look foward to!!!!

Heather

#133 of 215 Old 05-07-2006, 01:37 AM

I think I'm finally ready to join. Although I've considered UC with my previous pregnancies, I just didn't have the confidence to UC without my DH's support. But now I'm unexpectedly pregnant with my 5th child (4th pregnancy), this will be my last baby, and I'm confident enough to do it right. Although my DH still isn't fully onboard with the idea of UC, he is a huge homebirth advocate and is comfortable with UP. But he understands my motivation in desiring a UC/UP, and is supportive of me.

So I'm 16 weeks now, finally feeling really excited about this pregnancy, and impatiently waiting to feel this babe move around.

New signature, same old me: Ann- mama of 2 boys and 2 girls, partnered to a fabulous man.
I'm an unintentional weasel feeder and I suck at proofreading.
#134 of 215 Old 05-07-2006, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats Ann!!!!

I have my line today (linea nigra), it's funny though because it's super light (it was with my other two as well).

Heather

#135 of 215 Old 05-10-2006, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

I'm 15 weeks today. And I'm so hungry lately. Which feels a lot better than constant nausea!!! I hope eveyone is doing great!!!

#136 of 215 Old 05-10-2006, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheacoby
I'm 15 weeks today. And I'm so hungry lately. Which feels a lot better than constant nausea!!! I hope eveyone is doing great!!!
Glad the nausea is gone!!!
I was lucky that I didn't get much this time around...

Well, as I said on a post on the birth club I heard the Heartbeat for the first time today... I don't like using a doppler and won't use it often but it was given to me and I think that it will really help set my mind at ease at times... though I am confident about having a UP I have so many negative voices around that it has already started to weigh me down and I am only about 13 weeks!
Dh is also quite happy to have it also...
btw... the was 160/bpm!!

Anyways... everything is going great here... slowly growing, starting to feel a bit of movement at times...

We all had a bit of a cold this weekend and my older ds is the last to get it and has it the worst with a high fever...

Hope everyone is well!!!

~paxye~
Mama to Xavier (July 02) , Colin (Sept 04), Khéna(Nov 06) & Wilhelmina (Jan 10)
#137 of 215 Old 05-10-2006, 09:55 PM

Aww, I remember being hungry...those were the days man! During the first trimester I ate my weight in food, it was great! Now, I'm lucky if I can eat half a sandwich without feeling full to bursting...which sucks because I *love* food.

I'm crunching ice again. I did that during my last pregnancy too, but I never showed any kind of deficiency (other than my normal almost-anemia, but that's nothing new for me, it's just the way my body operates) so I justcrunch until the craving is satisfied. I think a lot of it is due to thirst and not being able to eat a whole lot (I'm a comfort food person). I just hope it doesn't get as obsessive as last time...I drove to a gas station at 2 am just to get a bag of ice

btw, Is it naptime yet?
#138 of 215 Old 05-10-2006, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryPixie83
I think a lot of it is due to thirst and not being able to eat a whole lot (I'm a comfort food person). I just hope it doesn't get as obsessive as last time...I drove to a gas station at 2 am just to get a bag of ice

btw, Is it naptime yet?
I'm such a comfort food preson too, so this not having room to eat thing is killing me. I've been munching on frozen fruit ice cubes, so yummy! Plus awesome with this heat. I was not designed to be this pregnant in the heat! :

Mom of 3 (Evan, Trey, Saffron ) Blogs at findingsummer.com
#139 of 215 Old 05-10-2006, 10:50 PM

heat? hmmm. that would be nice! It might snow here within the next couple days. I'm so glad I planted 1/2 the garden last week
frozen fruit cubes sound soooooo good. Nowadays I eat my ice in a cup, with a spoon, like it's ice cream or something
#140 of 215 Old 05-10-2006, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillake
I'm such a comfort food preson too, so this not having room to eat thing is killing me. I've been munching on frozen fruit ice cubes, so yummy! Plus awesome with this heat. I was not designed to be this pregnant in the heat! :
With dd I gave birth in the second week of July, this time I get to be preggy the whole.darn.summer. Until September. Baby or no baby I'm not working after August 31 except reorders (I'm a Mary Kay consultant). My advice: make friends with someone who has a pool in their backyard My plan is to sign up for a family membership at the Y...get some laps in the pool (or at least enjoy being semi-weightless) and maybe even half an hour of childfree time. I love my dd but little breaks from mommymommymommy are a huge blessing, especially right now.
#141 of 215 Old 05-11-2006, 01:06 AM

I'm an ice cruncher too!! What's up with that? It's like I can't get enough & I'm making people go to great lengths to get it for me. (and it's not hot here) I'm also low on my hemoglobin......I finally got it up to 12.0 this week but I've been having to live on floradix & spirulina. Barf!

Greenlee's Forest *intentional jewelry* a secret Journal locket!
Me My Blog Mama to 7 babes & four spirit babies
#142 of 215 Old 05-11-2006, 10:54 AM

my last pg I was craving ice because of low hemoglobin... I just took a couple liquid chlorophyll pills every night with a cup of purple grape juice (for some reason that is an important factor) and it shot right up, ice cravings went away. I'm going to get the finger prick next mw appt to see if I should go buy some more... although I did save the rest of my bottle from last time, which was 3 years ago, and 2500 miles away... guess I'm a packrat!
#143 of 215 Old 05-11-2006, 11:02 AM

oh I also wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about dream interpretations or if there's a better place here I could ask this... I keep having dreams where I suddenly have my baby and can't remember anything about the birth. I had these when I was pg with ds but this time they're different because I assume he was born at home, instead of wondering if I had to go to the hospital... but they're really upsetting. In my dreams I just cry and try to ask questions to figure out what happened and how this little baby got here, if everything went safely and just *what* happened! Maybe I'm trying to find out how I really feel about the birth and how it's going to go? Or does it sound like a fear of something? It's a horrible feeling that I missed my baby's birth and will never know how he came into the world. The dreams convinced me last time to have pictures taken during the birth, before that I didn't want any and now I'm glad I have some. Anyone have any ideas?
#144 of 215 Old 05-11-2006, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

I am not looking foward to the heat this summer and being very pregnant. I have to make it all the way through the summer. I live in the south too and it is very hot and muggy here. I have never craved ice while preggo but my iron levels have always been super good. Now ice cream is another story.
I do remember being not being able to eat much towards then end with my son but it was like that the whole time with him really. I remember how wonderful it was to be able to eat a whole meal after he was born. I'm being able to eat quite a bit at a time now and damn it feels good!! I LOVE food!! When I had really bad m/s I woud have dreams about eating and when I woke up I would want to cry because I knew there was no way I could eat like that.
CryPixie83, My son ws born July 14th and I thought it was hard making until July due to the heat, this time I have to make it until at least mid/late Oct. Which it will feel so good then, I love fall it is my absolute favorite season. It will be so lovely to have a baby then!!

#145 of 215 Old 05-11-2006, 12:39 PM

Morgansmom, I was having lots of negative dreams about birth too - 1 my baby was switched, some I was in the hospital, some I wasn't handling labor the way I want to. Finally I gave myself the suggestion right before I went to sleep that I was not going to have any more negative dreams about birth, and I haven't had one since. I don't know why I was having those dreams, but I'm glad they stopped.

I've also given myself the suggestion that I was going to learn some important information about my coming birth, and then I would have really neat dreams.
#146 of 215 Old 05-11-2006, 12:41 PM

I'm not going to think about heat. It was up to around 100 yesterday, and I have to make it to mid-Aug. There is a spanish word used down here to describe July, Aug, and Sept - it basically means hell. :-P
#147 of 215 Old 05-11-2006, 01:45 PM

bluefish, where are you ? I thought a central Illinois summer was hot...yeesh
#148 of 215 Old 05-11-2006, 02:28 PM

I'm in the tip of Texas, right by Mexico (I'm from IN, no it's not hot) :-) I eat ice too; always have. I love the crunching. Dh *hates* it. I like to get a big cup of ice and eat it right before bed while reading. Maybe because it doesn't make me have to pee as much as drinking water would? Our Pizza Huts have the best ice - it's that little pelleted kind that's kind of soft. Oh, gosh, I think I'm going to have to go for a bag of ice now!
#149 of 215 Old 05-11-2006, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

2bluefish , you've got me beat in the heat department. Is it really humid where you live? We usually have 100%(or close to it) humidty all summer here. I do eat ice I just never crave it!! I like the crushed ice!!!!
I haven't had any birthing dreams yet. I had tons before I was pregnant though and most of them were really wonderful. Right now I'm just having lots of eating dreams. Have I mentioned yet how hungry I am. OH I'm gonna gain so much weight and I don't even care. I'm mostly eating healthy stuff!!!!

#150 of 215 Old 05-11-2006, 03:59 PM

Yeah, the humidity is bad here, we're close to coast - mix blessing the coast, a little cooler than over near Laredo, but humidity. Like today - it actually cooled off a bit, because we had a storm roll through last night, but I can't stand to turn the air off, because of the humidity.

I have the weirdest dreams pregnant. I've dreamed alot about people from high school. I watched Lost and Invasion last night, so I had some dreams that had elements from those in them. One night I escaped from prision and was hiding out in an orange grove, living on oranges. :-)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page