UC pregnancy support - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 215 Old 05-31-2006, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheacoby
My energy (the little I have) runs out very quickly too this time. I was just complaining about how hard pregnancy is on my body last night to my dh. I actually like being pregnant but it isn't easy for me. I told him this has to be my last pregnancy, I just can't do this again. This is the least stressful my life has been during a pregnancy and I too am so enjoying growing this babe. I know it's contradictory but that's how I feel.
DH and I have had this conversation many times during this pregnancy. I *love* being pregnant, but this will be my last. When I was pregnant with dd I had the luxury of resting when I needed to rest, instead of chasing and caring for a very active (and demanding) toddler. I was also less stressed out last time (probably because I could rest when needed) but this time the stress and hormones have really gotten to me, which has made it very difficult to parent dd the way I need to (AP, gentle discipline....so hard when all you feel like doing is screaming and hiding in bed because if you hear "mommy" one more time you're going to lose it).

So, DH has decided that he will be getting the snip after this one is born. We have always only wanted 2, maybe 3 kiddos, so this works out ok for us. If we decide we want another child we just stick to our original plan: adopt #3

Of course if my sister needs a surrogate (which I have offered to her ebcause she has trouble carrying past the first trimester) it will throw a slight wrench in the plans, but as long as it's after my kids are out of toddlerhood I should be ok

*sigh* laundry calls.....
#212 of 215 Old 05-31-2006, 02:45 PM

Thank you so much for the lovin' ... so good to know I'm not alone.

I do have a clue as to why I felt so crappy yesterday besides the issue with my gums... I now have the "stomach bug". Yep... and *ALL* that comes with it iykwim? My spirits are up though I feel better emotionally today even though I have this blinding headache and the "upset stomach".

So my midwife came today! First visit since I was previously doing an UP. Welp, no protein in my urine YIPPEEEEE! She did a blood draw for a cbc and a hapatic (sp?) profile to check liver function and all the other junk that goes along with PIH or Preeclampsia. She feels good about things but I will be doing dual care starting soon with a practice about an hour away that backs her clients up in cases like mine. Now, for the kicker... not just because of the BP. WE HEARD 2 HEARTBEATS!!!! I also measured 26 possible 27. Not too majorly over but with all my other classic symptoms- high bp, fetal movement @ 9 weeks, sever morning sickness unlike any of my other pregnancies... etc She feels like it's a good idea. The bottom line is that no matter what when it comes down to the end and what will happen according to my history from here on out it's entirely up to us and her, which I love. This is not new for her so I am confident.

Depending on the outcome of my blood work and the next few prenatals I may go ahead with a midwife attended "UC". Not what I originally wanted but I have to go with what I feel safe with. Won't decide though yet. I'm still holding out for a good outcome with the BP... and now I'm VERY excited to confirm twins for sure with an ultrasound. The heart beats were remarkable! One was a little faster than the other so it was SO easy to hear the difference in the 2. All of us in the room were shocked. One was on the far right side and the other was on the far bottom left near my pelvis.

Midwife thinks I have a localized infection in my gums which is causing the swollen glands, white count was elevated in the urine dip... so still treating that with TTO and watching it. I was up last night running a fever of 100- not too bad but bad enough to make it an ugly nights sleep. BP is higher than before... but she wouldn't tell me the number. Smart lady

All in all I am not as nervy as before... so that is a good thing.

Going to lay down now... blech :

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#213 of 215 Old 05-31-2006, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry you've got a bug kristie.: But at least you know it will pass and you'll feel better soon! I thought BP went up when you had a fever?

Awwwww 2 heartbeats, how excting. I think we are going to have at least a couple of mamas on the UC board having twins!

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#214 of 215 Old 05-31-2006, 04:05 PM

That would be awesome, to UC twins! it's one of my secret tiny hopes...even though I'm not sure how I would handle actually parenting twins and a high needs toddler.... It would still be pretty cool, especially when people ask about the birth

"did you have a c-section?"
"you can do a c-section on yourself at home???"
"uhhhh"
"nope, I had my babies at home, alone and it was great!"

and then just watch their gears grind
#215 of 215 Old 05-31-2006, 04:20 PM

Ooo, sorry about the bug! Hope you feel better soon! I would love to have twins - I think :-)

Something fun - I *saw* kicks today, my whole belly was dancing :-)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page