i want to UC next time - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-21-2006, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bc i cannot find a midwife around here to do homebirth ive said stuff to dh (soon to be dh) and he never diasaggreed should i still go to the dr and just not tell them of my plans? also how do i obtain a birth certificate (in ohio) and what would i tell the dr when they ask where he/she was born? Im soo confused on this and we will ttc this fall and i realllly want to deliver at home no i AM delivering at home next time lol

My name is Lindsay I am a full time wife to Nick 10-21-08 and full time mommy to Cadence, Irie and Isis

#2 of 2 Old 05-21-2006, 10:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello and welcome to MDC.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time finding a midwife. It sounds like Ohio is not the most friendly state for midwifery, so there may be some underground. What has your search looked like so far? Maybe we can help you with brainstorming with how to find a midwife. If one wants a midwife, one should ideally have a midwife.

To answer your questions: to get a birth certificate, call your local vital statistics office and ask what you need to do to register a birth that has not been attended by a medical professional. The requirements are different in different states (but may not be a big deal at all. Maybe proof of pregnancy, maybe an affidavit or two from someone saying the child is yours...)

I've only had one doctor ask where my child was born (in the interest of making conversation,) so you won't necessarily have to deal with it. You could say you don't feel comfortable divulging the midwife's name (implying that you had one,) which would be reasonable in a state where midwifery is not legally fully supported.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page