UC after long/difficult labor? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-12-2006, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know I had mentioned in another post how I have fantasized many times about just staying home when this next baby comes, but I would be chicken... Or would I really be chicken? When it comes to hospitals, I would rather be on another planet with no other people around. I labored with my first child for around 20 hours, however it was made artificially lengthy by narcotics and an epidural. I pushed for almost three hours, only had a minor tear that needed like 5 stitches, but my pubic bone separated ( OUCH ) and my pelvic ligaments tore. I could walk again after about a week. : Given all of those things, I wonder if I would still be a good candidate for an unassisted birth. It is very tempting. Even my husband agreed that before the hospital staff started sticking their big noses in our business, I was making good progress. I was vocalizing the way I needed to, and it made me feel better. But the hospital staff claimed I was bothering other patients and they shot me full of drugs to keep me quiet. If I could just walk around my house screaming, I think I'd be ok! So what do you think? Am I a good candidate for UC?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2006, 10:37 PM

You first exercise as a UCer is to NOT ask anyone's opinion or permission to UC!!

I had a 36 hour drug free labor - did lot's of screaming. Wanted to go to the hospital, but wasn't "allowed". I'm UCing - that way I'm sure to be able to stay or go as I want!
Old 06-12-2006, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

OOOps lol I know what you're getting at. I don't need to ask anyone's permission.... Hey that must be one of the best parts about UC!
Old 06-14-2006, 01:21 PM

There's no reason to assume that your body was inherently dysfunctional, and plenty of reason to assume otherwise. You know how drugs and inhibiting factors affect the process, right? I'm assuming that if you go UC, you won't have an epidural, and so won't be on your back and pushing as you're directed, with the host of attendant problems that creates.

User Tag List