Questions on "The Fishy Pool" - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-07-2006, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleybirth2mom
The problem is not that there's a heater large enough, cuz there is. It's that a heater is not made for a fishy pool and it would be unsafe to use and very expensive to buy. All you can do is turn up the water heater unit and keep water boiling---borrow big pots if you have to and put them on all 4 burners. Otherwise, rent a pool you can use with a heater.
I filled mine at 7:00am to 105 degrees and by 4:00pm it was 100 degrees. All I did was cover it with a tarp when not in use.

And, no, my rings were fine, no breakage at all.

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2006, 05:24 PM

[QUOTE=pamamidwife]and really, I think water to your shoulders is a bit too deep for me. It certainly doesn't allow you to nurse your baby after the birth in the pool!... I've never heard of a woman saying she wanted it deeper, but I could be wrong. It just seems like the depth of the fishy pools is just right without feeling like you could go under at any minute.[QUOTE]

Sounds to me like it is preference and the size of the mama. Sitting in my 3 foot deep pool the water is to the top of my breasts, and it is *perfect*! 12 foot wide (1000 gallons) I can use a whole variety of positions - probably could in 300 galllons too. I do not want to nurse in the pool - in fact I don't want to birth the placenta in the pool if I can help it. Some feel it increases the risk of infection - btdt with the infection, so going to take every precaution.

Morgansmom, the rings on my brand new fishy pool deflated over somewhat overnight - not entirely, but they did deflate. Not sure why they deflated. I left it blown up in a spare bedroom (locked away from cats) and over the course of a week it was quite a bit deflated.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:52 PM

Another thing Dr. Odent said was that the ideal depth of water should be to the woman's nipples because the waves in the pool would stimulate her nipples. Whether that is true or not the fishy pool wasn't that deep for me unless I slouched, lol.

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).

User Tag List