UC support thread and roll call #31 July '06 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 59 Old 07-07-2006, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I swear by soaking in a pool for help with swelling. Soak until you prune up.

Yes, soaking in water is the cure for everything - I'm a pisces - get it? 2 fish
#32 of 59 Old 07-07-2006, 11:54 PM

from another pisces...water is definately the magical cure for everything!!!!
I think it's wonderful that we have a chance to be pregnant in the summer so that we can swim and relax in and around water... it keeps me sane!

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
#33 of 59 Old 07-09-2006, 12:09 AM

subbing! I'll be back to read later!

Creating Art. Living life on Guam. Sharing my Journey.

#34 of 59 Old 07-11-2006, 11:46 AM

Thanks for all of the ideas. I soak in the tub, but pruning up just doesn't happen anymore. I'm not lucky enough to have access to a pool either. I've been trying the cucumber thing. I think i am just a sweller. I swell in the summer when not pregnant. I swell when i excercise. I always thought that my poor circulation was due to smoking. Which obviously i have since quit, but it did not improve my circulation. My mom is the same way though and she said it was worse while pregnant.

If this is the only side affect i have, then i'm okay with it.
How would you know if the swelling is dangerous? Toxemia?
I trust my body that i feel great, so i don't think anything is wrong. Plus my bp is still low, my family has very, very low bp. So i'm not worried.
But what should make me worry?
#35 of 59 Old 07-12-2006, 01:45 PM

hello everyone I had Jacob on my birthday. it was NOT a UC and while I am sad that I missed that powerful experience I am completely happy with my birth experience.

its a sad day when you feel more relaxed in a hospital then in your own home

here's the story Jacob's Birth Story

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#36 of 59 Old 07-12-2006, 02:41 PM

Welcome to the world Jacob!
#37 of 59 Old 07-12-2006, 05:55 PM

Good Afternoon ladies! I hope all is well with everyone... I have a HUGE favor to ask. DH really wants to watch a UC video, and I honestly can't afford to buy one. If anyone here would be willing, I would be SO VERY GRATEFUL to borrow one...not for long~as soon as we watch it, I swear on my life to return it. If you can help out, please let me know!!! It would mean more to him than you know!:

Lee Ann ~ SAHM to Carolina(4)uc.jpg, Aurora (2)uc.jpg, and belly.gifwith #3 - due in December!
#38 of 59 Old 07-12-2006, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebsMama05
hello everyone I had Jacob on my birthday. it was NOT a UC and while I am sad that I missed that powerful experience I am completely happy with my birth experience.

its a sad day when you feel more relaxed in a hospital then in your own home

here's the story Jacob's Birth Story
I'm so happy for you and Jacob Jamie!!! I'm glad that you had such a great experience that empowered you!! You definately deserve it

#39 of 59 Old 07-12-2006, 06:09 PM

Just checkin in. I'm almost halfway! YAY!!

I met a UC mom today, at the moms group I go to. I had actually met her at the beg. of the summer for the first time, but the first time you meet ppl, isnt exactly when you talk about UC. I overheard her mention that she was having one, so I told her I was too. YAY! Its so nice to actually *know* someone who is having one. And another lady I know had one w/ DC #2.

I'm hoping to hostess a UC birth group at my house later this summer (and maybe regularly).

Lisser

Alyssa, wife to one, mama to 2 boys, 5.5 and 4. Living and learning on our little farm.
#40 of 59 Old 07-12-2006, 09:45 PM

CONGRATULATIONS CalebsMama05!!! Welcome Jacob!!

carolina~mom2be, I wish I had one to send you. Have you read any UC online and looked at the pictures. It's not the same but still pretty cool. I go to birthjukie website and read birth stories there a section of just UCs. I linked you to the UC stories.
http://www.birthjunkie.com/uc_stories.html

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#41 of 59 Old 07-12-2006, 11:04 PM

I think the Cbirth yahoo group has a video you can request for the price of the video tape? I borrowed it from my midwife last time.

Honestly, I kind of regret watching videos last time. Videos are almost always of the last few minutes and may not depict accurately the work that it takes to get to that point. I also watched a video of a hypnobirth that was on Dateline that was awesome, but didn't prepare me for my "nonhypnobirth"!
#42 of 59 Old 07-13-2006, 09:48 PM

yeah~it might be best to stick with birth stories only...I definately don't want to have any unrealistic expectations...I think DH wants to see how much blood is "normal" and the like...I've tried to explain 2 cups but i think I might actually have to pour 2 cups of red dye in the tub so he'll understand

#43 of 59 Old 07-14-2006, 04:16 AM
L J

Checking in...

I'm officially hitting my second trimester today, but sometimes it still just doesn't feel real!

I am feeling really good still, heartburn at night, and peeing constantly now, but other than those two irritants, I'm great.

I finally told my mom I'm pregnant. She is not happy at all. She took the liberty of telling my father, who is now not speaking to me because I am "ruining my life". I expected this, though, so no real big deal. My mom is still talking to me, even though she isn't happy, and I have explained my birth plans. She is in total agreement that a UC is the best and safest way to go. I consider myself lucky to not be getting any grief on that.

We have decided to have an ultrasound done (August 9th) because we are selfish and want to know the sex. We were lucky to find a place just a couple hours from here that doesn't require any actual proof of prenatal care. I just had to lie and say I was seeing on OB. I have no problems lying.

I have been feeling my first flutters this week, and thats really cool. A strange thumping maybe a quarter inch to my left of my belly button.

I almost have my nb diaper stash completed; I just need a few more covers, and of course, I would love some more wool. I have also really splurged on carriers this month... I have bought a hotsling, a Mei Tai Baby zippy and a BabyHawk, and I have a KKACP pending right now.
Other than clothes and a carseat, there is really nothing else we want or need for this babe.

Laura, mama to Henry 01.28.07 uc.jpg
candle.gif missing Jack, born still in the car 08.23.10 at 36 weeks 
Loving on Catherine, my  rainbow1284.gif 09.01.11, UC

#44 of 59 Old 07-14-2006, 08:42 AM

Hi everyone! Just checking in while the babe is finally asleep!

It is so refreshing to come to this forum to "see" some like minded women and familiar names

I have been kinda (okay, really) stressed the last two days, but I think it'll clear up after tomorrow.

Oh, and I've been secretly hoping that I get pg for the last few months.

Sending out peaceful vibes to all you pregnant mamas and mamas in need of some...well, PEACE.

Creating Art. Living life on Guam. Sharing my Journey.

#45 of 59 Old 07-14-2006, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I can be taken off the expectant list. We had our baby July 3rd, a little girl named Eden. It was a hospital transfer though and not a UC. Not a bad birth and it wasn't anything dramatic either so no worries

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#46 of 59 Old 07-14-2006, 12:58 PM

Laura, I'm sorry about how your mom and especially your dad responded to the most WONDERFUL news of you having a baby! Their loss really. Those first flutters are so great!

hotwings640, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Welcome Eden!

#47 of 59 Old 07-14-2006, 02:09 PM

Congratulations Erika! Glad everything went ok!
#48 of 59 Old 07-19-2006, 10:42 AM

I am finally starting to fell this little person consistently! YAY!!! I love this point in my pregnancies:-) I stopped watching the extra kids I had been taking care of this week, so now I am just playing catch up with all my house work that I have been slacking on. This heat is killing me though. It makes it so darn hard to do anything. I'm having trouble finding the motivation to clean when all I want to do is sit under the fan with a cold washcloth! My youngest dd is teething and cranky and I am sure the heat is not helping her feel good either, so all she wants all day is to be held. Im having some issues with needing my personal space and not wanting to be touched so its making it difficult to hold her all the time. Then she is also slapping at and scratching at my face, yesterday she drew blood in two spots on my cheek! I am at the end of my patience, and don't know where to go with that. I hold her hands when she does it and tell her hitting is not nice. That isnt working so I am open to any other suggestions. I think she is getting frusterated that she can't communicate what she wants to and we have been using asl, and she finally started to sign back to me this week. Hopefully that will help her and me! I still don't have any health insurance, and dont qualify for the state insurance like I did last time. It was good peace of mind for "just incase" I needed to transfer, cause for me it would have been a major medical emergency! which could get very costly without insurance. Most carriers wont pick you up if you are already pregnant, cause its " an existing medical condition" talk about lame! So if anyone has any suggestions there I am looking for them! I don't beleive I will need to go to the hospital but I like to have my bases covered "just in case" as that is all insurance is for me anyway, not like I will actually go to a doctor! Hmmm.. anyway that is all for me I just wanted to update you all. I will probably get to post more often as I hope to have a bit more time not watching so many kids! Thanks for being here and for the wonderful support you ladies offer!
#49 of 59 Old 07-20-2006, 12:20 PM

Our sweet baby girl Hannah Noelle was born July 9. This was our second UP/UC. She is beautiful and we are all so in love with her! I will post a birth story sometime soon.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#50 of 59 Old 07-20-2006, 12:23 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome Hannah Noelle!!

We are having so many births right now, it's wonderful!!

#51 of 59 Old 07-20-2006, 01:33 PM

Woo Hoo Welcome Hannah Noelle! Man there is alot of UC action lately:-) I will look forward to the story. I wonder if your thoughts or feelings differed this time around having had a UC once already?
#52 of 59 Old 07-21-2006, 03:08 AM

I am not expecting now, but my UC was in 1989. does that count? My birth story is here: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/E.../jeremiah.html
I have been on this board for a number of months. Cathi
#53 of 59 Old 07-21-2006, 04:38 AM
L J

Welcome Hannah Noelle!! Can't wait to read the birth story!

Welcome Cathi!

Laura, mama to Henry 01.28.07 uc.jpg
candle.gif missing Jack, born still in the car 08.23.10 at 36 weeks 
Loving on Catherine, my  rainbow1284.gif 09.01.11, UC

#54 of 59 Old 07-21-2006, 03:42 PM

Hi!

I am going to officially join up, because UC is plan A.

A little about myself... i have had two c-sections, first for breech and the second for low AFI at term. With this pregnancy and last, baby has had the kell antigen and i make kell antibodies, so we have been monitoring him to make sure he isn't getting anemic. Aside from the low AFI, my first son was completely healthy and not anemic, taken at 40 wks. This little one isn't showing any signs of anemia, so we are planning on having him at home.

It has been a long, hard journey to get here. I don't believe that the doctors can do what is best for me as an individual because they have to cover their a$$ first and foremost, and so i am cannot rely on them. Unless this baby is sick, him and i are safest at home.

Blessings to all the new july mommas!

Midwifery Student and Mama to 2 daughters and 3 sons.     
ribboncesarean.gif vbac.gifhomebirth.jpg I have given birth a variety of ways and I am thankful for what each one has taught me.

#55 of 59 Old 07-22-2006, 05:36 PM
Banned

I just wanted to add my support. I am not a midwife but have attended over 40 UC's in 26 years. I just do the boiling water, watch the other kids, cook, clean, etc. In the past ten years I have been doing what is now called 'doula'/labor support.
I am one of the few who is extremely upset at how labor/birth has become medicalized, legalized, etc.

I am not one to tell you that it is 'brave' to do UC, as I think it is natural and normal. I will support your bravery in the face of today's obstacles, ie-CPS allegations, medical neglect, loss of freedom, etc.

And much support.
#56 of 59 Old 07-22-2006, 10:32 PM

Checking in again! My fundus has amazingly dropped and widened and at 20 weeks yesterday, I am now measuring exactly at my belly button. I am cool with that and cancelled my u/s appointment that was supposed to be yesterday. I promised DH that I would see the OB next month, so I will be making an appointment when our insurance starts on the 1st of August. Other than that, just feeling a lot of movement from my little fishy these days. I love these first strong movements! It's so sweet and it doesn't hurt yet!!!
#57 of 59 Old 07-23-2006, 11:12 AM

It is so sweet, those first real movements. I still smile everytime I feel those kicks (which is often now) eventhough they have become painful sometimes. Like when I'm getting body parts lodged under my ribs and kicked in the bladder at the same time.

#58 of 59 Old 07-24-2006, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheacoby
It is so sweet, those first real movements. I still smile everytime I feel those kicks (which is often now) eventhough they have become painful sometimes. Like when I'm getting body parts lodged under my ribs and kicked in the bladder at the same time.

Ah the joys of pregnancy!!!!
#59 of 59 Old 07-25-2006, 03:37 PM

Can I be added? DH and I are planning a UC in either March or April 07 if this baby is sticky. Thanks!

I am already so excited and ~249 days to go!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page