Oct. UC pregnancy support thread!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 67 Old 10-01-2006, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's October, wooohooo!!! How's everyone doing?

I am doing okay, getting quite uncomfie. I thought I was going to have this baby last night. I felt like I was in early labor from about 12:30 am until 3 am but then I fell asleep , thank goodness it's a little early yet. I'm hoping my baby holds on until at least this wed. or so. I do feel like he (I had a dream finally that it was a boy, I guess we'll see) is coming pretty soon. I tend to cook mine quicker than most and had my first at only 38 weeks. Also I could already be 36 weeks, Nov.1st (by LMP it's Nov 3) is the latest my due date could be, that's why I went with it. But I know I ovulate early in my cycle so I'm probably further along by a few days (which at this point makes a difference). Well other than being on the edge of my seat about this one coming a little early I'm doing okay, got a little energy back which is nice and I've been able to do some nesting.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#2 of 67 Old 10-02-2006, 06:56 AM

I can't believe you will be having your baby soon, it has come round soo quickly. I know someone who uc'd at 35 weeks - no problems at all - but i'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that your little one carries on cooking for a little bit longer.
we are doing well - its hard work looking after 2 children - many bad mommy moments but its a learning curve.

I just wanted to pop in and check in on all the pregnant UC'ers.

best get back to dcs.

vikki

Mummy to T 06/04, L 08/06, R 08/09
:
#3 of 67 Old 10-02-2006, 09:46 AM

still here, still prego 20 weeks+

now that she/he/it is kicking the heck out of me I feel more secure in UP. like hey, lookie, I am growing a baby all alone with NO HELP (not that I expected otherwise )
#4 of 67 Old 10-02-2006, 11:12 AM

Well, I am still here .

I am term now, and waiting, waiting, waiting. It feels like a holding pattern of sorts, a mind game at times as I cannot stop being expectant for even a nanosecond, and I am always thinking about when and how and how long and where... I am dancing that fine line of letting go and surrendering and feeling frustrated and impatient.

Physically I am in so much pain that sleep is impossible, but I am fine when I am upright. I have tons of contractions that are timeable... but it never gets stronger or longer or closer together...

I am especially grateful this week, however, as I realized that if I had chosen a homebirth midwife, I would at this very instant be playing the political game of my time running out. I would be being transferred to OB care for "postdates" and for me, that would not be pretty with a previous cesarean.

Last time I went to 44 weeks (planned mw assisted hb) before being scared into an induction.. and so now as time rolls I am fighting some ghosts of "what if I never go into labor": and memories of last time (spent weeks trying to "naturally" induce labor). At the same time, I know I carried a very healthy babe to 44 weeks, and I can this time too. If I could just lob off my head and stop thinking about it :.

I am tired of everyone asking me if the baby has dropped yet. Including dh. One of the things I am trying to get away from is this feeling like certain things have to happen before labor commences. I have a tendency this pregnancy to think babe has to be LOA, head has to be engaged, mucus plug has to show, water has to break, bowels have to empty, what-have-you before labor starts. THAT IS THE FARTHEST FROM THE TRUTH. But I have to keep reminding myself of it, otherwise I think "oh, my body is broken!" Which is just the leftover feeling from last time....

Anyway, here I am , gorgeous ripening babe in belly... awaiting the harvest moon (my tenth moon!), when ironically all my potential support will be out of town...

Could definitely use some positive energy and affirmations... cheerleading I guess. I have to stay strong and healthy and positive despite the rollercoater of late pregnancy!

Jaya- unschooling mama to Ariah Rayheartbeat.gif1/02   Rukundo Pacifiquebuddamomimg1.png11/08  

missing Trace Oak candle.gif 10/25/06

#5 of 67 Old 10-02-2006, 11:19 AM

I'm here 29 weeks. We've been doing a ton of work on our house. I'm pretty tired between that, and chasing a very high needs toddler around. I feel super gigantic this time around too!

I've been reading The Power of Pleasurable Childbirth, which I am absolutely LOOOOVING!!!

Lisser

Alyssa, wife to one, mama to 2 boys, 5.5 and 4. Living and learning on our little farm.
#6 of 67 Old 10-02-2006, 12:47 PM

i am 38 weeks today!

i dont feel like it is going to happen 'early'. i am really worn out & exhausted though. huge. baby kicks a ton. i feel like all is well.

ariahsmum, i sympathize, though i have never had a 44 week pregnancy. when we picked up the birth tub last week the lady asked if i had any signs of upcoming labor, etc. for me the baby never drops, and most 'signs' i think i am experiencing are wishful thinking. when labor comes, i will know, but not before then. i could have this baby today for all i know. or not for another month.

last pregnancy was pure agony for me at the end because i thought baby could come early (early labor symptoms at 31 weeks). so once i reached 'term' i was totally ready and impatient. she was born the day after i was 'due'.

i am trying to relax this time and realize that these weeks are just as precious as the ones that follow the birth. there is a lot to do, physicaly and emotionally, to get ready. and i should not waste my energy trying to make something come that isnt ready. it is easier said than done.

i am also marveling at how i have UPed. this is my first time without constant 'care' and i love it. i feel empowered. while i wouldnt say there is a spiritual or otherworld connection between me & baby, any more than before, i feel very much like i am responsible for my well being and that i have grown this baby on my own. no one else can take credit for assisting me in this, except perhaps my husband and children who have nourished my soul.

sometimes i worry about well meaning people and cps, etc. i cant help it, i have heard stories you know.

we are all ready. birth kit (which is really just cord tape, a pair of scissors, blankets, hats, and some bleeding tinctures. oh yeah and 2 eldon cards!) is all there, tub is in garage ready to set up. diapers all washed and ready... all i need is a used moses basket to set baby in when i am milking the cow in the mornings. then baby can be born, lol!

tabitha

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
#7 of 67 Old 10-02-2006, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

It's great to hear from all of you. I can't believe some of us are so so close to having our babies!!

Jaya, Mama your body isn't broken, it knows exactly what it's doing. And soon you will have your sweet baby in your arms. It's amazing how we all cook our babies different, some longer and some shorter but all of our bodies and babies know exactly what they are doing!! Late pregnancy is such a delicate time and and I find I need a lot of alone time for reflection and just peace. Long epsom salt baths seem to help for that and all the aches! You are doing so beautifully growing your baby!! Also a lot of second and later babies don't drop until labor begins so tell the people who keep asking to piss off (sorry not nice but that would get really old to me). And vent away here as much as you need to, we are here to listen to you!

#8 of 67 Old 10-02-2006, 02:02 PM

Well I haven't posted here much. I think theres a part of me thats hiding out these last few weeks. I am term with #4. Had a U/S at 20 weeks that gave me an EDD of the 20th, I figured by my dates/ovulation that it was more like the 27th. Either way I new this would be an October baby. My last 3 were born on the full moon, one 3 days before. The next full moon is Saturday, which in some ways doesn't seem that far away, in others its an eternity.

I wonder every day if this will be it, every time my contractions get heavy I am filled with a peace that reasures me the baby will come. I am holding fast to that peace. My body is open and ready. I'm 3.5cm, stretchy to 4, soft and thin. I feel this baby lowering, conecting more then my last 2 did. I'm trying to let go of my preconceptions of "signs" of labor. I don't want to catch myself trying to time contractions, I check for show everytime I wipe but I realize that may not happen, especially since I am so open already.

Man, I am emotional today!!! I'm feeling all teary as I write this!! Today is DH's birthday which gives me something to distract myself with. : I'm going to bake him a cake and make a big supper. I'm trying not to snap at the kids so much. My fuse is soooo short . Fortunatly I tend to recover fast so frustration doesn't last that long. Dh is great at making me feel better, wow do I ever love that man!!:

I started knitting the other day . I'm making a wool soaker out of this beautiful forest merino wool (browns and greens). Kinda odd to teach myself how to knit and start a project when I'm already full term but hey, its keeping me busy and if babe stays in a few more days it'll be done!! Oh, I can't wait to wrap my sweet Inshallah in it, lay him/her down on the sheep skin in the hammock that DH and I made, snuggle and kiss the top of that wee head, smell that earth fresh baby smell.

Today is HARD!!!!!! I am feeling challenged by this wacky concept of time!!! I'm going to go bake a cake now, hopefully that will help!
#9 of 67 Old 10-02-2006, 09:25 PM

sheacoby, thanks for the hugs and the reminders. I sooo totally know the drill, and all the right things to say to other mamas, but when it comes to myself, I forget all the wisdom .

Last night was tough. I woke at 2:30 never to fall back asleep cause of the hoorid pain... which, btw, STOPS completely as soon as I am upright. Grrr.

I found somethinhg I'd written a while ago- in the beginning stages of my pregnancy- and that helped me so much today to recenter and ground into trust and the perfect unfoldment of this journey.

UP has been amazing, and I am so grateful to be walking this path. THank you for your support and welcome of my rants, etc!

Jaya- unschooling mama to Ariah Rayheartbeat.gif1/02   Rukundo Pacifiquebuddamomimg1.png11/08  

#10 of 67 Old 10-03-2006, 03:05 AM

Feeling you term mamas here! I know how the last days start to drag!! For me they are flying by right now! I am 22 weeks and enjoying what I know will be the best part of my pregnancy. I already have pain in my pelvis like last time and I even hurt my tailbone tubing down the river about a month ago but at least I can walk right now. I am enjoying the *not* peeing every 10 seconds and I am finally getting an appetite!

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#11 of 67 Old 10-03-2006, 09:37 AM

Hi everyone... (you might read this twice as I posted an update on my DDC too)

Well... I am about 33 weeks and I am coming to grips with the fact that I may be having a solo-birth depending on when and how fast labour starts and how the kids are. (Dh will be taking care of the kids)
I was thinking about hiring a doula but It doesn't feel right... kind of like paying for a friend... and really I don't want a stranger to be there for the birth...

My neighbor was nice and offered to come over and get the boys for an hour or two if I want, especially if labour starts hard and DH is at work (if labour doesn't coincide with rush hour it takes him about 3 hours to get here, if it does than it will take a bit around 1 1/2 hours... )
I got some of my birth supplies yesterday... a few chux pads and mattress cover etc.... I decided that I was not going to get a birth pool finally since I am not sure if DH will have much time or patience to inflate it, fill it and keep it at the right temp etc...
I am going to try to make my small bathtub work instead...

Anyways... besides that I am sore and getting uncomfortable... love my chiro lately!! but I feelt he need to keep doing stuff.. (nesting?)

I have also decided to get involved on a Decluttering challenge thread here on MDC... I am seriously working on decluttering my house... I had started decluttering a few weeks ago so the timing is perfect and the thread keeps me wanting to do more... I am tired of having so much stuff and even now with what I have done to date it really shows and it is getting much easier to keep the house clean...

I also have quite a few meals done... which will make time after baby be so much easier...

Jenn... I completely understand the short fuse thing... I have had so much less patience lately... and the kids have been getting stir crazy since it hasn't been nice, I don't have much energy and we are out less... : They can really drive me : at times...

~paxye~
Mama to Xavier (July 02) , Colin (Sept 04), Khéna(Nov 06) & Wilhelmina (Jan 10)
#12 of 67 Old 10-03-2006, 07:29 PM

39 weeks today!
I'm SO close!!
#13 of 67 Old 10-03-2006, 08:17 PM

I'm just 7 weeks pregnant and not even sure what I am doing yet. I know that my dh wants me to have a mw badly (our last birth was a little complicated, but not in any way that should repeat). I will probably get one. I don't have to call her right?:
I know enough and I know where to get info enough that I feel very comfortable UP/UCing. It might not be 100% in the cards this time and that's OK with me.
I do plan on being very active in my own care though.

Plan on seeing me around

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#14 of 67 Old 10-03-2006, 08:35 PM

I'm here too...I think I am around 36 weeks. This little guy should be here around Halloween time...hopefully a little after. I am starting to get a little nervous about the birth. I don't have anything to be nervous about though...no complications at the present time nor in the past so I don't know what I am concerned about-maybe it's the responsibility of another life, maybe it's the thought of having a baby around again, maybe it's because I don't have the diapers/clothes washed yet, maybe it's because I am not ready to be done being pregnant??? I just don't know but I am here!!
#15 of 67 Old 10-03-2006, 08:59 PM

I am around 33 weeks (I usually count by actual gestation so the number in my head is always lower by 2 weeks or so). I still have to start making diapers! And freezing meals. Ack! I am planning on doing elimination communication with diapers as backup, so hopefully I won't need as many as usual.

You can see some belly photos on my pregnancy blog: http://rixarixa.blogspot.com.

I feel pretty good, except for a really achey sacrum whenever I get out of bed. I kind of hobble for the first 20 seconds until things loosen up.

The baby moves around a lot but I cannot make heads or tails of how it's positioned. How do all those parts fit in there???
#16 of 67 Old 10-03-2006, 09:04 PM

[QUOTE=rixafreeze;6189851] Ack! I am planning on doing elimination communication with diapers as backup, so hopefully I won't need as many as usual.

QUOTE]

When I did EC with my little guy I used diapers as back up and I used 12 a day-- easy. The trick to not using diapers is not using diapers at all I had him in a diaper with no cover about 70% of the time. EC is fun.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#17 of 67 Old 10-04-2006, 12:08 AM
L J

Oh wow... I can't believe so many of you are fixing to have your babies in your arms. That is so exciting.

I am about 25 weeks right now, so half way there. I can't believe how fast this has gone by so far. I am still enjoying being pregnant- moreso now that I can feel him moving daily. My mom was able to feel him last night... it was really neat, sharing that with her.

Dh and I are having problems, so I'm staying at my parents' house for a few days. I guess I'll back home soon... not that Dh would really notice or care if I didn't. I'm pissed off and sad that he is stressing me out right now... I really want to be enjoying this pregnancy completely. My parents have dial-up, so that's why I'm not around as much lately. Five minutes to load a page is just too much for my pregnancy-shortened attention span.

Laura, mama to Henry 01.28.07 uc.jpg
candle.gif missing Jack, born still in the car 08.23.10 at 36 weeks 
Loving on Catherine, my  rainbow1284.gif 09.01.11, UC

#18 of 67 Old 10-04-2006, 12:53 AM

Gah! I've been contracting at 3-4 minutes for...hours now. At least 6. Not getting stronger, not changing pattern...no baby. My husband put his AIM away message at "BABY COMING" and then, of course, went to sleep, so guess who deals with all the "YAY!"s for the not-quite-born baby.

Our first child, btw, was induced early, so I have no idea how this "going into labor" thing works, and with the UC, I have no way to check dilation or anything, so...I wait. Whee!

*gets up to walk more*

Tara; wife to Shafer ; mom to Gavin (9) , Miriam (3) , and Sprocket (spring 2010)
#19 of 67 Old 10-04-2006, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Tara , I hope things got rolling after you posted and you have babe in arms now. or if not that you got to sleep.

Well, I'm 36 weeks as of today (according to due date) and a 36 weeker doesn't stress me out like a 35 weeker so I'm feeling calmer about the baby coming soon. It's a full moon this weekend so maybe then, also Sat is my dh's b-day. Although I'm in no hurry if the baby wants to stay in 4 more weeks or more I'm fine with that (Like I'd have choice ) I just really think baby is coming very soon. Oh I have been nesting and did a good cleaning of the kitchen yesterday and remopped the floors. It feels good to actually have the energy to get stuff done!!

LJ, I'm sorry things aren't going well between you and your dh. Bad timing for sure. I hope things start getting better between you very soon!!!

#20 of 67 Old 10-04-2006, 11:39 AM

I am a bad UCer. I opted to have an ultrasound and found out I'm having a girl. They also gave me an EDD over two weeks earlier than I thought. Both of these are a bit of a shock but the EDD matches up more with my LMP, crazy as my two postpartum cycles were. I thought I knew when I O'd but it must have been the start of pregnancy hormones.
But I am loving the fact that a wonderful midwife in my local area has been SO supportive of my DP and I, while at the same time being super supportive of our choice to UC. It's just such a comfortable medium for me, because it can be a little scary when you don't know who to ask about some things but you don't want full on prenatal care, kwim? I feel so blessed to know her.
My grandpa passed away yesterday and I am struggling with emotional outbursts I'm not usually prone to. Having a rough day at work today. Sigh.
#21 of 67 Old 10-04-2006, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

I'm sorry about your grandpa passing.

Congrats on your baby girl!!!

#22 of 67 Old 10-04-2006, 11:45 AM

Thanks mama.
#23 of 67 Old 10-04-2006, 06:21 PM

I'm 23 weeks now and I feel pretty good. Well, I feel good until about 3:00 p.m. and then I'm so tired that I want to die! : I wish dh would be home more...but then again, I don't get to take naps when he is home either. :

It has finally sunk in that I am going to have another baby, LOL! There are some things (okay, a lot of things) that I need to get because I gave away all the baby stuff after Lydia. I was sure there would be no more babies for me. Oh well, you know what they say about life and plans Thankfully, I didn't get rid of the Amby!

But I do need a new sling. Mine disappeared quite some time ago. I'm thinking of trying the KK adjustable fleece pouch, but I don't know. I've never used anything besides a Maya Wrap before.
#24 of 67 Old 10-04-2006, 10:18 PM

HELLOOO!
About 26 to 28 ish weeks here and feeling good, but getting HUGE. Like my clothes from the last pregnancy are getting stretched to their limit. I may have to go out and find some thrift stores to raid. Also I can't stop eating. We went to a family diner for breakfast and I ate 2 eggs, bacon, french toast, and then ate my son's eggs and half his pancakes because he wasn't eating it and I was still starving. There is rarely a moment when I'm not munching homemade granola bars or fruit or yogurt. I'm on my 3rd bowl of veggie chili right now.

I'm getting ready for a mini-vacation starting tomorrow. DH and I will be on the road and spending time at our yearly sci-fi/gaming convention. Yay! 4 days of geeky fun. And for once, I'm just soaking it up. Usually I'm running games, costuming, making a movie, exhibiting artwork. Fun but too exhausting for me this year. I'm so excited. Okay time to go do more laundry.
#25 of 67 Old 10-07-2006, 03:12 AM
L J

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
I am a bad UCer. I opted to have an ultrasound and found out I'm having a girl. They also gave me an EDD over two weeks earlier than I thought. Both of these are a bit of a shock but the EDD matches up more with my LMP, crazy as my two postpartum cycles were. I thought I knew when I O'd but it must have been the start of pregnancy hormones.
I'm a bad UCer, too... I had an u/s at 17 weeks to determine gender. Its a boy! I just couldn't help it. That's the only time I have seen anyone (medically) during this pregnancy and I have no plans of seeking any kind of medical assistance in any way, at all. So, eh... one u/s, I'm less crazy wondering what the baby is...
The u/s place I went to wouldn't give out any information other than gender, though- not even what they think is your due date. I *think* the tech knew I was UPing, especially having driven 3 hours from a big city with lots of u/s places just to determine gender (she was the only place in state that didn't require dr. approval). She did say that if I wanted a 3d u/s, I should come back around 26 weeks, by my dates, so I take it I was measuring big, too, because they usually say 28 weeks.

Laura, mama to Henry 01.28.07 uc.jpg
candle.gif missing Jack, born still in the car 08.23.10 at 36 weeks 
Loving on Catherine, my  rainbow1284.gif 09.01.11, UC

#26 of 67 Old 10-07-2006, 09:50 PM

Hi everyone -- does anyone know who the MDC member is who used to be thegoodgeeks? And is she still planning a UC?
#27 of 67 Old 10-08-2006, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

I recognize the username but I don't know her.

Well no baby on the full moon. I wonder if any of you that were due had your babies on the full moon?
I'm fine besides this damn nausea that has started up again. I swear I've had enough of it for a life time or two. It's the thing I hate worse I'd take pain over it. Sorry to whine but it just sucks. Hopefully today will be better than yesterday. I feel so bad because it was dh's b-day and I felt like crap and had the attidude to go with it. I got the baby's first outfit the other day and I can't wait to put my little one in it! I must say it was very hard to find something gender neutral. It makes me wish I had the money to start a baby clothing line because I don't think I'm the only one that likes other colors besides baby blue and pink or the only person who doesn't find out the sex. I'm just full of complaints today.
Anyway, I hope everyone else if feeling great!

#28 of 67 Old 10-08-2006, 01:04 PM

Hey sheacoby... I am sooooo sorry about the nausea. ITA there is NOTHING worse. Of course you have tried everything, right? Must mean baby is close... all those same hormones of early pregnancy surging again.

I don't know sex either... and I swear all the stores sell now are blue OR pink. Whatever. It makes me just boycott those stores. I have a little natural cotton colored organic sleeper I am using for the baby's first clothes... that and my old undershirts from when I was born! I think they are aqua.

I love seeing my next door neighbor (he is 2) and always wearing his sister's things... so a lot of purple and pink- skirts too! I love it. If this is a boy, he will have to do the same, cause I am not going out and buying everything new with firetrucks and footballs.

So what is with ALL these contractions (I call them timeable bh) that don't rev up into high gear?!?!?!? Come on uterus! Expel this little one already!

Anyhow, no babe on the full moon. I am in your camp. I need the company, so I am glad you are here.

blessings, ripe mama!

#29 of 67 Old 10-08-2006, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Jaya, I thought about you last night and wondered if the full moon would bring labor on for you. I'm sending you many labor vibes, come on baby mama wants to meet you!!! I bet those Bh's are doing something though which I welcome get as much done as possible before labor begins.
My ds wears his big sister's clothes too. His favorite thing right now is a sweat shirt that used to be his sister's that has a cute very pink kitty cat on it! Boys like pretty colors too!

I've been chewing ginger gum like it's going out of style, it helps for a little while and small frequent meals ect... (all the morning sickness tricks that never work for me : ). Today the nausea isn't as bad as yesterday and I hope it stays mild all day.
On a brighter note, it has finally gotten cool here!!! I love fall and the cool air and the yummy smell. I really hope it doesn't get warm again, where I live you never know.

#30 of 67 Old 10-08-2006, 06:15 PM

I'll be 14 weeks in a few days! Time seems to be flying by. NO more sickness thank you God, and Iam finaly starting to feel like we are really going to have a baby. Looking into lots of book and of corse all the wonderful storie here. Being a mw you would think that this would be a cake walk, but I find myself needed to read everything I can on uc. I have also really taken an intrest in my own care, doing my own pn, mainly right now bp, weight, that kind of stuff, and really eating a healthy diet. It is all so impowering. I feel like Iam really falling in love with myself and this baby.

Midwife & Mom to Gracen 9 luxlove.gif, Avery 6joy.gif Urijah 4superhero.gif Greta Sue, 9-9-10babyf.gifuc.jpg  Oh Baby! 1sttri.gif Due in April

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page