Is childbirth the worst pain you have ever felt? and some other questions. - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 124 Old 12-22-2006, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hmm, I prefer the labor part over pushing. Anyone else with me on that one?

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

#122 of 124 Old 12-22-2006, 06:13 PM

I kept waiting for it to be the worst pain -- and it never happened. Heck, I kept waiting for it to be as bad as my worst menstrual cramps. And when that happened, it turned out that was transition. With that labor, once my water broke and the urge to push kicked in, it wasn't pain, just work - like being in gym class and having to to situps for 10 minutes for the Presidential Physical Fitness testing.

2nd birth, I was waiting for it to even get as bad as the first. Sitting in the tub, hands and knees, felt a couple contractions that made me think "whooee" and suddenly my water broke and she crowned.

My appendicitis scare in high school was far, far more painful. A ruptured ovarian cyst was WAY more painful. Labor was more like a vigourous workout while having a really bad period.

savithny, 42 year old moderate mom to DS Primo (age 12) and DD Secunda (age 9).

#123 of 124 Old 12-24-2006, 05:25 PM

The worst pain I ever felt was when I was in labor with my first child and was being forced into positions against what my body wanted/needed. I couldn't help but 'rebel' and lean over something at which time nurses would come in to pull me off and put me back on my bottom or my back because the EFM was losing the baby.

Contractions to me felt like bad menstrual cramps. My menstrual cramps normally are pretty bad though. I feel tender and sore from my bellybutton down to mid thigh and a lot in my back....so it was like that only stronger but came in waves which is much better than continuous so in a way it was better than menstrual cramps IMO.

I agree with everyone else who talks about transition being more of feeling exhausted and emotional. I mean, yes, it's painful, but the 'I wanted to die' statement comes from the emotions I think, not just the pain of it. It's great if you could program your brain to automatically replace 'I'm going to die!' with 'The baby's almost out!!'.

The ring of fire did feel like I was being split open and I thought, 'surely I tore badly', but no tears at all. But like everyone said, it's SOOO small of a time that you feel that and then it's over.

Afterbirth pains were harder with baby #2 than #1. I was literally crying when she would nurse...from my abdomen not my nipples!

I know you've got a lot of input here....I love reading everybody's replies!
#124 of 124 Old 12-30-2006, 01:44 AM

Felt like really bad menstrual cramps, plus the worst backache I ever had. The worst part was transition, when they wouldn't let me push. The pushing would have been a lovely releif.
You just have to work with it tho, if you tense it feel worse.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page