In labor! But this is weird..UPD Sejer is here.. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 02-19-2007, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
Thanks everyone for your thoughtful comments I have been getting a whole lot of "But the most important thing is a healthy baby"-comments in the past week.. Ofcourse a healthy baby is important but I am so fed up with people acting like it doesnt matter where or how our children are born. Someone even told me "luckily you will soon forget everything" It is so sad that this is how many women think about birth - something they will rather forget.
My c-section may not have been my ideal birth but I sure dont want to forget a single second of my babys birth if I can help it..

Planning a UC has been a great journey for me. It has been extremely empowering and even now that things turned out so different from our hopes and expectations then the thorough planning was what enabled me to stay on top through and after birth. It is what enables me to get through this still feeling empowered. It is the reason that I can now look in the mirror and smile back at myself knowing I made the right choices all the way through.

So thanks everyone for allowing me to come here and ask silly questions in the past months. I will probably not be around as much from now on considering we wont be TTC for at least the next year or so. But rest assured that in a few years from now I will be planning an UC HBAC - and then I will be back

I have posted the detailed birthstory here if anyone is interested.

It's late, but congratulations on your beautiful new baby boy.

I know exactly where you're coming from with the "well, at least you got a healthy baby" commentary because I dealt with that after my baby joined us via cesarean. I was planning for a birth center waterbirth, but it just didn't happen that way. Of course we're happy and elated to have a happy, healthy little bundle of joy to fawn over, but in having a surgical birth it feels like a part of the birthing miracle is stripped away and it feels so unfair. In my case, I blamed myself for a long time convincing myself there was something more I could've done to change the outcome.. The reality is that I did everything I could, just as you did everything you could. The baby calls the majority of shots in a pregnancy, it seems. I will say this, though. It gets better with time, but you won't forget it, and it's probably best that you don't because it was a life-changing event in your life and will make you stronger having endured and experienced it.
#32 of 32 Old 02-20-2007, 02:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome little one, and congratulations to the whole family.

I'll simply echo the sentiment that it was a UC as fully as any, you followed your instincts even though it was difficult to greive the birth you wanted at home, alone.

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page