does my body know something I don't??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-20-2007, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
for the past week I have had a dream EVERY SINGLE NIGHT of giving birth!

always uc, always dark hair.

3x I didn't wake up until after seeing the gender (girl) most often I'm just in the process and feeling peaceful and expectant and happy.

perhaps just hopeful?

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 02-20-2007, 05:23 AM

That is so cool. I am anxious to hear if your dream comes true (dark haired girl :

I'm a little jealous; I want a birth dream. The only pregnancy dream I've had during the past 9 months was that I birthed a Pygmy Hippo (our local zoo had a birth of a Pygmy Hippo a few months ago, so that is what triggered my dream)

I have no intuition of the sex of the baby either. I kindof think it is a girl, but everone says I'm carrying it like it's a boy (I don't buy into all that, but it does make you start to believe it is a boy when everyone says it is.) I'll be thrilled with a girl or a boy!!!

Did you have dreams about the sex of your others?

::
#3 of 6 Old 02-20-2007, 05:29 AM - Thread Starter

yeah angel baby was a boy (22m/o!...the exact time between my due date with him and Caleb's birth month) Caleb was a boy... Jacob was a suprise lol. I had a couple of dreams about him but in all of them I never was able to see if he was a boy or a girl.

I did have a couple of dreams while pg w/jake that he was a 1.5yr old named emily...it was odd...

btw...I'm not pregnant that I'm aware of

#4 of 6 Old 02-20-2007, 03:04 PM

I had two boys to start with and although I love them more than anything, a little piece of my heart still wanted a girl. I had a bunch of girl dreams, both during my pregnancy with my second boy (and intuitively I *did* know he was a boy, despite the dreams) and in my third and fourth pregnancies, which were both girls. I think for me they were mostly a manifestation of that desire. I had more than one dream about a dark-haired girl, and in one she was named Violet, my grandmother's name (a name my husband vetoed.) I think it was really all about desiring a fundamental union with the baby, and symbolically that manifested with it being a girl (like me) and having dark hair (like me) and having a name that was meaningful to me and had to do with my maternal lineage (again, about me.) I did have a girl the third time, but she was blonde and NOT like me in any sense. Then a girl the fourth time too, and she came out with dark hair and I was pretty excited but then it progressively lightened to gold with platinum highlights.

I loved those dreams, though. They felt very mystical and comforting somehow. I loved my dream births even more, which also didn't bear much resemblance to my real births, but they definitely represented my feelings about myself as a fertile, sexual being.
#5 of 6 Old 02-20-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebsMama05 View Post

btw...I'm not pregnant that I'm aware of
Ya know, this is happening to me. I'm not pregnant, but the past several months I have this dream that I'm giving birth. I have a midwife, but deliver by myself in the bedroom with the door closed. Sometimes a single, most time the dream shows twins! I just had another dream two nights ago that we actually went to the hospital and dh and I are in the jacuzzi. I give birth on my own with just dh, then come out to let the nurses know. I have at least one birth dream a week. For me, it's probably just wishful thinking.

Renai

Dd 9/99 via csection. 6 lbs 10oz

Dd 1/11 via vbac. 8 lbs 10oz

11 years secondary infertility

#6 of 6 Old 02-20-2007, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renai View Post
Ya know, this is happening to me. I'm not pregnant, but the past several months I have this dream that I'm giving birth. I have a midwife, but deliver by myself in the bedroom with the door closed. Sometimes a single, most time the dream shows twins! I just had another dream two nights ago that we actually went to the hospital and dh and I are in the jacuzzi. I give birth on my own with just dh, then come out to let the nurses know. I have at least one birth dream a week. For me, it's probably just wishful thinking.

Renai
its odd for me to dream of the birth and ESP the birth of a GIRL. i have nothing against girls but i dont want to raise one!~

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page