UC buddies thread? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 113 Old 03-02-2007, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRabbit View Post
I'm planning on setting up the video camera w/my remote. If I remember I'll push record. Even if it ends up w/poor or no visual of the birth, the audio will be good!
I want to do that too! If I can, I want to get someone to video tape it all. If that doesn't work, somebody better go photog on me and take a zillion pics so I can make an online slideshow.

Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
#62 of 113 Old 03-03-2007, 07:48 AM

So... :

Almost packed the whole house {wow- we have a lot of stuff for 5 people and a business!}, will finish up this weekend, dad flying in Wednesday am, dropping off husband to pick up moving truck on the way to the airport to pick up dad, probably leaving Thursday for 13 hour {yeah, if you don't have to pee/eat/change a dipe every hour } drive back to Florida.

I will be 40w2d when we start out drive.

I am so very-very-very proud of myself, for having complete faith that whatever happens, it will be fine. That it will all work out. That if baby comes on the way there, that will be ok too, fun and probably a little hectic when I realize we ought to go to a hotel, but, ok.

Four years ago, when I was pregnant with my other son, I was miserable with fear of the unknown {nothing birth wise, just EVERYTHING else in my life} and it affected my baby greatly, his relationship with us and the world, his birth. After all was said and done and the dust settled after his birth, it all worked out, just fine. I made a promise to myself and my husband {who was cool about our son - it was all me} and to myself, that I would never again get all chock full of anxiety again. That thus far in my life, everything has worked out ok, I have never been homeless, hungry, or anything else equally devastating, and that it usually is no where near as "big" as I think it is when it's all over. We conceived the next baby on his 1st birthday .

I feel very connected to this baby, and we have thoughts together often. I do however, forget that I am pregnant probably once a day! yes- at 40 weeks. I will be moving or doing something, and think to myself "good god- your gut is really sticking out!" HUH?!?!?! Then I say - "ooooooh yeah...there's a full size baby in there!" hee hee!

It didn't really hit my husband that I was pg till week 33-ish, when I was visit ing in FL, and told him I was having pre-term fake-out labor {each pg I have had lots of ctx around 32-34 weeks or so, just enough to make you worry, then it stops, not another till REAL labor } He is thrilled, it's just we have 3 and are busy like most people...so- not much time was spent thinking about noticing subtle things.

I am having a terrible time with craving sugar, and am trying to answer it with protein and vitamins...but I am only being so successful. The baby has recently 'dropped' so I am suddenly full off room to EAT! Yeah! I have shocked myself at a few meals, wow! "I just ate that, and that, AND that?" Planning to get all raw again as soon as I get back to FL, where there is real food, live fabulous fresh food. My body has wanted it {I think about / fantasize about raw food daily}, but I was detoxing so well from it, it didn't work out to do it while pg, the baby and my body said NOOOO-HO-HO-NO-NO!. I hadn't been doing it long enough/detoxed enough yet to be pg and raw.

And no- we don't have a house yet...: mom will be out with digital cam today looking for us, I have a 8 house itinerary for her. Whatever - She said we could stay with them till we have a house if we need to - I just rather not have to go to a hotel to have the baby.. too much of a circus to do it there. Sounds weird- hotel -but really- what is the difference than thinking about going to a hospital - but nicer, quieter, and more private ?

/me - rambling.
//excited about all of it.
///had fun sharing - thanks for getting /keeping this thread going
#63 of 113 Old 03-03-2007, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureMamaOR View Post
anybody want to call it anything other than it is?
Huh? I didn't understand that one. Pregnant brain, maybe? 'Splain it to me!

DH and I both fall into that "older" category. We kept vacillating on whether we really wanted to have kids or not (I have a 13 year old DD from a previous marriage). He thought that if he was going to have kids, he wanted to have them before he's 50 (this June!). Finally, we decided that we would let God decide and I quit taking the pill at the end of April. We weren't charting, temping, or in any way actively wishing/hoping/trying for it, just honestly didn't mind either way. Silly us, thinking that it would take a while because you know what they say about a woman's fertility as she gets older, yada yada yada. Famous last words. I got pregnant in June.
#64 of 113 Old 03-03-2007, 03:50 PM

Birthing Goddess, thanks for sharing your story - really neat! My first homebirth was really rough and I had PTSD afterwards. I had all kinds of anxiety that I didn't even know I was hiding when it came time to birth #2. #2's birth was healing in alot of ways, but not all that I think my children deserve. Now I am due again - and my due date is the same due date I had with #1. I feel I'm having a "full circle" moment as well.

Blessings for your travels!
#65 of 113 Old 03-04-2007, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

I was just wondering if anyone wanted the thread name changed. Instead of UC buddies thread?
#66 of 113 Old 03-04-2007, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bluefish View Post
Birthing Goddess, thanks for sharing your story - really neat! My first homebirth was really rough and I had PTSD afterwards. I had all kinds of anxiety that I didn't even know I was hiding when it came time to birth #2. #2's birth was healing in alot of ways, but not all that I think my children deserve. Now I am due again - and my due date is the same due date I had with #1. I feel I'm having a "full circle" moment as well.
I understand what you mean - about it not being good enough for them. I really screwed Skye on that one, and have spent each moment possible since my self-centered-at-that-time person figured out what/how much damage I did to him - fixing what I can. I know it's not just me - it is our / his karma, but never-the-less - imo we are here to: learn lessons/fix things from before/work hard to "flow well'.

I didn't eat/drink the best with him..and I think he was starved for nutrients, love, wanted-ness, etc. He arrived blue-ish, and didn't want to wake up. He was breathing, but shallow. He just would not get going. They {EMT's & husband} took him to the NICU at 45 minutes. I ate, took a shower and cleaned up and got in the car {midwife drove} and went to see him {at 2 hours old}. He had remained stable but the same till I got there. He woke up- looked at me, and started to get going, as soon as I got there. He wanted to know I wanted him. I had to show him I meant it.- because up until then, I hadn't trusted he came when he was supposed too.

In another thread here recently I remember a poster asking about suctioning/ baby not starting up etc. And a reply {i believe by four little birds} was that a wanted baby and a mom without emotional issues wont have these problems. I agree heartily. OF the birth stories I know - personally the woman/family, I see the connection between these variables.

The one I was surprised by/ didn't want, was pissed/scared of it being a boy/ bad timing/etc. Comes out after breaking/emptying my bag {he kicked a high hole in it 5 days before birth} rip roaring fast and not doing well. It sucked for him. I am sorry - and tell him at least weekly, gently in his ear- sometimes looking in his eyes - "thanks for coming- we are glad you stayed" And so does my husband.

^^ rambled about a 'birth story"...but I guess I am catching up on being-on MDC. I have been a member for years- but didn't know where I belonged - and got shot-down a few times, so I kept my posting distance .

Here's to coming full circle-
and making an active choice to make your own path.

Best wishes to us ALL in this time.
#67 of 113 Old 03-04-2007, 10:46 AM

I am also planning a UC, due in June. Have a big move from South Africa to England in 3 weeks so hope we can find a place to live ASAP and that our stuff arrives soon so i can go about making it feel like home really quickly as i want to feel as comfortable as possible for the birth
#68 of 113 Old 03-04-2007, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally Z View Post
Have a big move from South Africa to England in 3 weeks
Weel- you definitely have me beat in the 'distance of move' Dept.! :

But at least it may be easier not doing it at 40 weeks

Best wishes in your move.
#69 of 113 Old 03-04-2007, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

at least I'm not alone in the moving long distances when pregnant thing.

We just moved 2 weeks ago from Missouri back to Idaho (taking the southern route of over 3,000 miles).
#70 of 113 Old 03-05-2007, 04:41 AM

Its good to know that other mamas have to move at "odd" times in thier pregnancies. I usually get pitying remarks and questions about if I really need to move at that time.Ummm... its that or give birth alone with DH miles away and household miles away.
I wish you all smooth move vibes.It can be done.
Its funny you all are talking about coming full circle.I remember with my first pregnancy I didn't know until I was 11 weeks.Because this right before an out of state move I didn't get prenatal care until I was 22 weeks.This time around I found out at 20 weeks and I am being very choosy about how much prenatal overlooking I will be recieving now that I am in one place.I too was unhappy at first with my first DS but I started spotting during the move and told my bub that I really did want him here and I wanted him to dig in and stay with me because I really did want him so.We had a very good pregnancy.This time around I am thrilled to have a birth in HI.I feel so lucky to get this chance to bring my baby into the world in a loving and gentle manner.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

#71 of 113 Old 03-05-2007, 12:46 PM

We're moving as well, but it'll be at the end of March so I'll be close to 30 weeks. I think it is a perfect time for me because I have that second trimester energy and I'll have lots of time to settle in and nest in the new place. We're actually buying our first house, which is so exciting.
#72 of 113 Old 03-05-2007, 01:26 PM

Thought I'd check-in too!

We are working with a dear friend/mentor of ours who is also a retired traditional midwife. So, our approach is like having a DIY pregnancy and birth, with a beloved auntie as the back-up. She is cool with sitting on the porch for the birth if that's what I want, being called or not being called. DH and I do alot of our own care, but I also have tons of support- regular acupunture and chiro.. I am a yogini and bellydancer.... DH and I are both doulas. I feel we have found the best of all there is to offer, and are taking in the good stuff that resonates with us, and letting the rest wash away. I have had an amazing pregnancy, and truly feel like a goddess- everything is in the most sublime transition.

Best to all!:

Grace Comes.

#73 of 113 Old 03-05-2007, 04:25 PM

With DD we were always moving. We moved twice during my pregnancy and then we moved out of state when she was four months old. This time around we moved and then I got pregnant. We got settled into a house and I kid you not I got pregnant. I didn't find out until 8 weeks though. I knew before hand but since my cycles were wonky I needed to wait it out for my longest cycle to make sure (it made sense when I thought about it ). this will be a very travelled pregnancy for sure. We are planning a road trip here in a bit for a good length of time. Something about me being pregnant makes DH want to get goin'.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#74 of 113 Old 03-06-2007, 01:51 AM

checking in... with pictures!

*waves*

i'm in and out on this board all the time. but i'm currently 31 weeks along (third pregnancy, second up/uc), and just made a picture-heavy post on my livejournal, if you're interested...

http://lafemmedesfemme.livejournal.com/198776.html (the red-bearded guy in the pic about halfway down is my husband. :-) )

i just told my employer today that i won't be coming back after this baby's born. it's kind of a weird situation because i only got hired on at this job in october-- i interviewed with the company on a wednesday and got a positive pregnancy test that friday... how's *that* for timing! but our childcare situation was more tentative than i would have liked, and i realized that i wasn't too interested in fighting too hard to keep the job, anyway. so i get to be a sahm again-- at least until i go back to school when this little one is at least a year old.

so, yeah. off to knit a bit before bed. good night!

christina

meafro.jpg, and dhyikes2.gif, -- parenting joy.gifsince 2004, and bouncy.gif since 2007.
"IF YOU ARE NOT OUTRAGED, THEN YOU ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION." signcirc1.gif
#75 of 113 Old 03-06-2007, 02:29 AM

Hello helloo...

It has been a lil wild here- but I am still feeling pretty serene about it all.

Today is Monday- my 40 week due date..{whatever }... I have yet to find us a suitable home in SRQ....we are still planning on leaving Thursday or Friday- you know, when ever the boys {dad and forrest} get done packing the truck....

I have come to be reminded that we are in a mercury retrograde..which means do-over do-over do-over...bang head on wall.... go in circle over and over and over again. BUT- !! It will be over Wednesday. I am not going to look at another house until then. I just can't - it's not worth it. It has been a complete waste of time..and my mom is tired or running all over SRQ looking at houses, I don't blame her!

Baby is well- busy - and I am sleeping alot- well- it seems like it I have been napping - big deal for me to hold that still.

And - I have the joy of this in my life!

Link is to my post/birth announcement for my best girlfriend in the March DDC.

My best girlfriend - gave birth this morning at 1.57 am. This was a 1st vba2c's. w00t! She did it! She had a vaginal water birth at the birth center. While I am strong and trust birth and blah blah blah.... It really meant a lot to me, for her to be able to accomplish this. 3 years in the waiting.

It felt good, for all woman kind; for she was well served/facilitated/let be. Finally- someone let her have her baby.

I will never forget her words and her voice telling me of her accomplishment 20 minutes after she had him, ever.

So - anyone happen to have a map with pinpointed hotels along 1-75 from Lexington KY to Sarasota FL that have "garden" tubs in them? Ya know- just in case?

I am proud of myself for being uber planned- I have already designed and picked fonts for our baby announcement at shutterfly. All I have to do is load up a pic and done. I have even printed the mailing labels- so it will be sinfully easy to do it!!

We are giving the baby my father's first and middle name for his middle name.

Dad doesn't know. He doesn't like to hold babies right when they are fresh- I think he is afraid to break them. So- we are going to not tell him until he is holding baby when the birth announcements have arrived and then give him an announcement- and say- "oh here - look at this!" And have him holding baby when he reads his name as the middle name. Won't that be awesome?

Thanks for the camaraderie ladies- I really feel like I have what was missing out on not being around friends...I found it here .
#76 of 113 Old 03-06-2007, 02:34 AM

I'm happy today because the midwife-in-training has not yet ruled out coming to my house while I labor in another room. This is a compromise for my husband - without her, he will be really pushing for me to go to the hospital (across the street). So, it's nice to think that I won't have to either sneak in a labor and delivery while he's asleep or end up in the hospital yelling at him to keep everyone away from me. Because even if I am in a hospital, I still intend to UC.

Also, today my three year old daughter asked me if she could "When I hear you and the baby is coming, can I run into the bathroom and roll out a towel?" LOL She is so onboard with the UC thing and doesn't even know it. I have told her that I might scream, so she is ready for the sounds I think.
#77 of 113 Old 03-06-2007, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiLy View Post
I'm happy today because the midwife-in-training has not yet ruled out coming to my house while I labor in another room. This is a compromise for my husband - without her, he will be really pushing for me to go to the hospital (across the street). So, it's nice to think that I won't have to either sneak in a labor and delivery while he's asleep or end up in the hospital yelling at him to keep everyone away from me. Because even if I am in a hospital, I still intend to UC.

Also, today my three year old daughter asked me if she could "When I hear you and the baby is coming, can I run into the bathroom and roll out a towel?" LOL She is so onboard with the UC thing and doesn't even know it. I have told her that I might scream, so she is ready for the sounds I think.
I sure hope you get what you want. And you go with your UC in the hospital - you go!

My 6 year old , well , she has told me that she doesn't want to 'hear' me make that noise {she has been prepping - watching birth videos {like gentle birth choices / water birth, etc.} her choice. I told her she could / and she is psyched to take lots of pics. She takes some really cool perspective shots. This ought to be fun!!
#78 of 113 Old 03-06-2007, 05:11 AM

Hey, Gals:

Just thought I'd check in and say Howdy! I feel for all of you who are moving, I hate to move--pregnant or not! DH got a wild hair a few weeks ago that he wanted to move before baby is born and I had a hissy fit. We are still here. :-)

BG, that is absolutely great about your buddy, I read the birth announcement on the March DDC (also my DDC) and bawled my eyes out. I am so happy for her and her baby. As for your hotel search, I've made the trip from Louisville to Jax more times than I can remember, it's not a bad trip, although it's been quite a while. For hotels, I would recommend the Drury Inn & Suites. You can get reasonably-priced suites (usu. around $100/night give or take) and many of them have hugemongous garden tubs. Plus, you get a free hour of long distance calling every 24 hours, so it's easy to stay in touch.

We passed up our 40-week "due date" yesterday. No signs of baby coming anytime soon, unfortunately.
#79 of 113 Old 03-06-2007, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Jaimee, definitely a good plan to plot out those hotels! We did something similar on our way down to Missouri and it was well worth the effort. Yay google maps!

Emily, that's great that you have a viable compromise.
#80 of 113 Old 03-06-2007, 06:10 PM

I moved pregnant the last two times, and with my daughter we were in the new house exactly 1 week before she was born!! and i was totally unpacked and settled...i'd been plotting where all the furniture would go for months, so i was ready. i was hanging pictures and moving furniture, no wonder she was early!!

so WHY do all the kids worry about the noises we're going to make???? i'd think they'd be more wierded out by the whole placenta and cord falling off story! my kids, too, say "i don't want to hear you scream". i don't scream, but i make that pushing hollering noise just at the moment before birth. i hope it won't freak them out! they wanted to be here at our last baby's birth, but i birthed too quickly and didn't call them- they were driving around town with their grandpa and always say in a sad tone, "we didn't see bodhi getting born. we were in grandpa's truck."

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#81 of 113 Old 03-06-2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataji4 View Post
so WHY do all the kids worry about the noises we're going to make???? i'd think they'd be more wierded out by the whole placenta and cord falling off story! my kids, too, say "i don't want to hear you scream". i don't scream, but i make that pushing hollering noise just at the moment before birth. i hope it won't freak them out! they wanted to be here at our last baby's birth, but i birthed too quickly and didn't call them- they were driving around town with their grandpa and always say in a sad tone, "we didn't see bodhi getting born. we were in grandpa's truck."
I think it's because they associate it with pain. DD is 22 months just about and she gets very distraught if she thinks you are upset or hurt. She wants to comfort you and being so little isn't so sure how to do it you know? I'm still debating on whether she'll be there or not. she'll be 27 months and while it would be cool I still think she's so young. Plus I was very angry during labour with her. I lvoed every minute of it but I was angry. I don't know if that's just how I labour or if it was a fluke thing but I don't want her to associate a baby being born with that emotion you know?

Ok help me out. I am in PAIN. My bones are killing me! My lower back is constantly seizing up with pinched nerves. It hurts...it's tense and tight. I know I need an adjustment since my neck is out as well. So out my head is always throbbing and my upper neck is numb. I'm getting adjusted here soon but my knees hurt too! I can't keep them straight and I can't bend them or stand or lay or anything. They throb daily and nightly. I have no idea why! I know I need to quit drinking soda but it's so rare that I do that it can't be causing me this constant misery. Rubbing them hurts but it's the only thing I can do to tame the hurt. This is bizarre to me. My knees are weak just normally due to genetics but they never hurt...it's more like I can't hike up a mountain side without stopping often to rub them you know? This is different...it's like I ran on pavement shoe less and flat footed. It can't be my weight since I'm not big enough yet to have balance/weight placement issues. I just want it to stop!

Give more**Expect Less
#82 of 113 Old 03-06-2007, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

can you soak in a bath with epsom salts? (it's not diet soda is it?????)
#83 of 113 Old 03-06-2007, 09:56 PM

Ewww! Nothing in our house is ever diet.

I don't know if epsom salts would help. I'm thinking I need a calcium supplement maybe? I just have a hard time thinking that because our diet rocks! (well except for this week. ) I'm sure DD still nursing has something to do with it as wel. I think I'll start taking some calcium and see if that helps. I jsut wish it would go away right now. I want to be able to walk and what not (during pregnancy as exercise...I did it with D and felt great! I think it helped with labour as well) and at this rate I won't last very long!

Give more**Expect Less
#84 of 113 Old 03-06-2007, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

I dunno, joint type pain (knees) isn't usually calcium. how is your water intake? maybe a buildup of uric acid or even just lactic acid? "when it doubt, drown it out"
#85 of 113 Old 03-06-2007, 11:22 PM

Water? What's that?

I know I do need to up my water intake....maybe I'll head over and get a couple big bottles....I hate tap water...I hate water.

Give more**Expect Less
#86 of 113 Old 03-06-2007, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

do you have any celtic sea salt? can you get some?

my dad HATES drinking water, BUT.. they read about some site (the salt cure?) that recommended 1/2 tsp of celtic sea salt in 2 quarts water and suddenly (for the first time in my life) my dad is DRINKING WATER! he loves the taste!

try it.
#87 of 113 Old 03-07-2007, 01:17 AM

Othermother, my hips started aching at just that point with this pregnancy too. Getting an adjustment put me on the right track and since the adjustment doing yoga somewhat regularly seems to work things out. I don't know what advice to give you since nothing helped my hips before the adjustment. You do have my sympathy though.
#88 of 113 Old 03-07-2007, 02:17 AM

Water, water, water. My knees have been hurting too but as soon as I up my water some more, they feel much better. For me, I think it also has to do with the extra weight now - I'm 31 weeks and am almost as heavy as I was when I delivered my daughter (I started 15 pounds heaver this time, argh...) But LOTS of water really does help. And, this sounds SO lazy but, if I keep it in a bottle with a screw top right next to me, so I don't have to lean or make any effort to get at it, I drink it SO much faster! LOL I've also moved from a .6L bottle to a 1.0L one so I have more with me at once.

I told my daughter about the umbilical cord, and the placenta where the baby gets all its "food." I described it as a giant hamburger. LOL I figured that was probably the closest thing she could picture it as! I haven't gone into much detail, that it will come out or the umbilical cord will fall off - I think I've mentioned it but it hasn't seemed to freak her out. She hasn't watched any videos, I am pretty sure she'll be absolutely fine. She has seen pictures of herself when she was brand new with her umbilical cord. If she doesn't want to be around, we have friends that will be happy to have her over - we had their son when they had their second.

I better get to work!
#89 of 113 Old 03-07-2007, 03:43 AM

Ok after my last post I went and bought two things of water. I was so tempted to get some crap food and drink along with it but only got water. Go me. I'm hoping this helps. I do know in the beginning I was downing water like it was going out of style. I didn't have these issues then...however once I started drinking less my knees started hurting. I assumed though that is was from sitting with my legs up under in my chair all day.

Interesting about the celtic salt! I'll have to try that...does it need to be celtic sea salt? I do have some regular sea salt. Could I use that? If so I think I might do it!

DD has watched birth videos with me and she seemed to do ok. I did have to mute it though at some point. She did get stressed over one particular video that had a lot of moaning/noises. We've watched Look Who's Talking way too many times to count and she knows "baby" on all the uterus shots and handles the birth scene ok. I don't go out of my way to bring it to her attention though. Yes she can understand if I repeat it a ton but she's not quite two so it's not a big deal to me to explain to her every day there's a "baby in mommies tummy". It's just not going to click for her like it would an older child yk?

Give more**Expect Less
#90 of 113 Old 03-07-2007, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

If it's plain sea salt (such as new zealand or french), it might help, but most "sea salt" has been refined and all the trace minerals removed. The reason for it to be the Celtic sea salt is, it has 80 trace minerals in it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page