UC buddies thread? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 113 Old 03-07-2007, 03:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Mamas ~ May I join in the chatting? We're due in September with our second and first UP/UC. I've seen my midwife once so far just to chat with her about my son's birth and we heard the heartbeat and talked about UC. We had talked briefly during my son's pregnancy about UC and she's very open with it and willing to play whatever role we ask of her in the birth. She said that she could be in the other room but we were thinking more along the lines of, we'll call you if we need you. I was thinking it would be nice to have her to bounce questions off of and in case we need anything during the birth or after. It feels good to know she's there if we need her. It took me a little while to settle into the idea of actually doing the UP because I had never thought much beyond doing a UC, but we're feeling good about it now. Pretty calm and relaxed and loving it!

I was reading about the water thing you all were talking about - I never associated any aches or anything with lack of water, but I think it would make sense. Have any of you heard of Himalayan sea salt, I use that to cook with and have heard wonderful things about it. I have only one kidney and so I feel it's important to keep that kidney happy and healthy with water and good nutrition.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and somewhat introduce myself.
#92 of 113 Old 03-07-2007, 05:12 PM

Hi everyone! Can I join in too? We're planning a UC in July and every time I get on MDC I feel so glad to have found this place. What a contrast to some -- ahem -- other places.

About the pain -- I've gotten really really achy this time around way earlier than last time. I think with ds it started around 35 wks or so but this time the aches started around 16 wks-ish. Lots of water helped me too -- big squirts of lemon juice make it tastier for me, plus there's the extra vitamin C. What also seems to really help is extra B vitamins. I don't know, maybe my aches and pains are stress related, lol. Anyway, nice to "meet" everybody.

Oh, and...

Quote:
Because even if I am in a hospital, I still intend to UC.
Yay for you! Yay! I mean, thay can't really bill you for the birth, then, right? Just for using the room. Very confusing for billing dept, shame on you, trouble-maker! Shame!

Jfly-by-nursing1.gif, partner-in-crime to Dfamilybed2.gif, mama to run.gif4, including our brand new rainbow1284.gifbaby.gifmissing my 7-wk-er

#93 of 113 Old 03-07-2007, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be UMc instead of UP/UC. The ultrasound showed a blighted ovum. :
#94 of 113 Old 03-07-2007, 07:47 PM

I am so sorry! Wishing you peace.
Wendi
#95 of 113 Old 03-07-2007, 08:30 PM

I am so so sorry.
#96 of 113 Old 03-08-2007, 12:57 AM

I'm so sorry! Take care of yourself mama.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#97 of 113 Old 03-08-2007, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherMother'n'Madre View Post
Water? What's that?

I know I do need to up my water intake....maybe I'll head over and get a couple big bottles....I hate tap water...I hate water.
Go get yourself some Evian or Fiji water! It's expensive but soooo good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureMamaOR View Post
Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be UMc instead of UP/UC. The ultrasound showed a blighted ovum. :
So sorry, mama. Peace and healing...

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 jumpers.gif

#98 of 113 Old 03-08-2007, 03:13 AM

I'm really sorry to hear that Christine. :
#99 of 113 Old 03-08-2007, 07:23 AM

I'm so sorry Christine. Please do keep us updated.

Well, my husband and I had a(nother) big talk tonight, and we decided on going to the hospital. I'll most likely go to another prenatal appointment so my doctor doesn't think I've moved out of town or something! I think she probably figures I'm seeing a midwife by now, since I told her I was planning a homebirth when I saw her at 15 weeks.

So, I'm kind of bummed but do feel better about coming to a decision, and I do feel like I can live with it. We shall see how it turns out. I still plan to stay home much longer than I did the first time, and we will be taking our daughter with us to the hospital. Our hospital is tiny, just one labor/delivery room so I feel like we can pretty much do what we want - we WILL do what we want. We were left totally alone during my labor with my daughter, so I plan to do the same thing and not tell them when I start wanting to push.

Anyway, now I have lots of thinking to do. It is a bummer that I feel like I'm going to have to do the whole fight-the-hospital-fight, but I'd MUCH rather fight the hospital than be in conflict with my husband, ESPECIALLY about the birth of our second and last baby.
#100 of 113 Old 03-08-2007, 08:58 PM

I am so sorry NatureMamaOR.healing vibes for you and your family.

Emily Its great that you have come to a decision thats right for you and your DH.You OWN that hospital room.
I don't know what we are going to do.During my last pregnancy DH and I made jokes about how I have babies so fast why bother with a hospital.I did start looking into UC but when it came time I ended up going along to the hospital cuz thats whats expected right?Afterwards I said I'd never do that again.We thought we were done but when I found out Iwas pregnant again I figured this was my chance.I said again that I wasn'[t bothering with a hospital.I'vesaid it several times over the last couple of months and even said that I have been researching what to do.I don't think anyone has been listening, not even DH.I think I need to actaully make him pay attention.Even though I intend to go to the (few) appts left and preregister at the hospital,I have no intention of doing another drive while in labor.I am staying home.

To our ladies on the edge....easy labor vibes and patience vibes.It will happen.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

#101 of 113 Old 03-08-2007, 11:14 PM

Just wanted to add myself to the role call... Due in mid October here with dc#1. We are seeing a midwife (the same one who "didn't make it" in the Psalm and Zoya movie) for pre-natals as we are expecting twins and are on the opposite side of the country from my family of wise women. DH and I wanted to have someone to bounce our concerns/questions off of. We will be UCing, though, and are so very excited about having a spiritual, gentle birth! BTW, we are moving, too! I guess that when the universe want us to bring change to our lives, it means business!
#102 of 113 Old 03-14-2007, 09:17 PM

yay! more UCing twin mamas!
#103 of 113 Old 03-14-2007, 09:39 PM

Hola...checking in.

We made it to Florida!!! Wheew. We found a house on Wednesday night, we applied/did the credit app. thing Thursday am, got a 'yes' thursday afternoon, left with a packed car and truck thursday at midnight!!
We drove a bit, hit a Hampton, Drove all friday, arrived home /at moms at 130 am. Moved in Saturday etc. mostly unpacked now.... Missed you ladies much, much

Am 41w 3d today... have had grinding in my front center pelvic joint, so- got a chiro appt with a new guy...walked in, sat there...felt like I should get up and run - and I did . Said got a call from my old chiro - he could get me in {true- got a hold of the office and got in later in the day.} Proud of myself for not taking any crap, when my guts say no- I dont do it.

So...we are excited about baby - very! I am betting Friday night... MAYBE Thursday...any takers? bets?

I LOVE my new bedroom. Its great. I just want to hang out in there, I have never had a room that Iw anted to to hang in, just sleeping and dressing and other fun stuff ... {I guess I should have said "our" bedroom ? }

The rest of the house is fab-u-lous too. There is a great back room for the kids and it has french doors to the fab back yard/patio. The kids are in HEAVEN after being stuck in the house in KY for 6 months. They are naked and outside all day. w00t! Beautiful, everything on my list of "wants" in a house.

Ok- - thats us for now- :0 will keep everyone up dated
#104 of 113 Old 03-14-2007, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

yay! glad you got there safely!

(back into lurking)
#105 of 113 Old 03-14-2007, 10:28 PM

Christine....hope you are feeling well and taking care of yourself....all of yourself.

We've only ever had one beedroom that we loved. The only reason we didn't want to move out was because of this bedroom.

Give more**Expect Less
#106 of 113 Old 03-14-2007, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

thanks

nothing has passed yet, just lots of spotting and cramping (today more) and kicked-in-the-crotch pain. waiting.. waiting.
#107 of 113 Old 03-16-2007, 02:24 PM

So sorry Christine for the process you are going through, not only physical but emotional too....
#108 of 113 Old 03-16-2007, 02:29 PM

Hellooooo out there!!!!

I am 5 days in (yes you read right) and am loving it!!! I am UP/UC this pregnancy and it will be my second UC (my daughter was born 6 months ago). My birthing date is in early December and I know it will be here in no time.

As this is most likely my last pg, I am celebrating every sensation, every moment, every last moment..................I just realized, this will be the last time that I am 5 days pregnant, the last time that I will have that giddy anticipation of the upcoming months, the last time..............ugh!

OK, off to talk to dh about the possibility of more dc.......
#109 of 113 Old 03-16-2007, 02:32 PM

Welcome, NicholeCM!!! Woohoo, another twin mom!

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#110 of 113 Old 03-16-2007, 03:01 PM

I'm going to officially join this thread (instead of lurking in the corner). DH is finally on board with a uc -- YAY!! We UP'd the first half of the pregnancy, but found a hb mw we thought we could live with at 20 weeks. She coerced me into taking the GTT at 27 weeks, then insisted I have concurrent ob care, which lead of course to more and more intervention and crappy treatment. So, here we are ... right where I wanted to be from the start!

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#111 of 113 Old 03-16-2007, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnmom View Post
Hellooooo out there!!!!

I am 5 days in (yes you read right) and am loving it!!! I am UP/UC this pregnancy and it will be my second UC (my daughter was born 6 months ago). My birthing date is in early December and I know it will be here in no time.

As this is most likely my last pg, I am celebrating every sensation, every moment, every last moment..................I just realized, this will be the last time that I am 5 days pregnant, the last time that I will have that giddy anticipation of the upcoming months, the last time..............ugh!

OK, off to talk to dh about the possibility of more dc.......

With this prenancy (I almost typed this DD...hmmmm.....) I KNEW the second we were done dtd that I was pregnant. I wasn't going to test but in the end I did. I like keeping the sticks (minus the peed on part ) since I don't do u/s. I ended up testing at............8 weeks. I just knew, I didn't need to test you know? DH thought I was nuts and then when I told him I'd known for two months without saying anything he wanted to know why I didn't tell him. Cause I don't have ta'! Congrats (I posted on your other thread too ) and welcome! I think the UP is soooo exciting...especially when it comes to answering questions.

Give more**Expect Less
#112 of 113 Old 03-16-2007, 06:01 PM

Joining in as well! This will be our first at home birth and I am so excited. I am actually using a family dr (for awhile, dh isn't totally ready for UC) and a midwife.

I mainly want a homebirth so I can do what I want, when I want. I contacted the midwife for care but not necessarily for the birth. Dh would prefer she be there for the birth....I don't want to scare him.

I need to get a support system for the girls and don't know what to do, as my family and dh's would not be a good match, as they give too much input.

I am very happy to be here and look forward to hearing about everyone!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#113 of 113 Old 03-17-2007, 12:28 AM

Hi everyone.

I am 13 weeks and am so happy to meet all you ladies.

I am currently attending hbs with a mw as a labor assistant and she is super supportive of a UC. She said she will provide me with whatever support I need so I am just playing it like that. I do like the idea of having a mw to call instead of the hosp. being the next option, kwim?

All will be fine though....I know this.

I had a hb with my ds and I used a mw I did not vibe with and I was given SO MANY signs along the way. I am thankful for the learning experience b/c now I know what I want and I have a lot more confidence.

My big thing is not looking at the calender. I was a full 42 weeks last time and we pushed my labor with herbs b/c the mw wanted stress tests etc. This time I am estimating sometime in the first few weeks of October.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page