UC buddies thread? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 113 Old 02-26-2007, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Didn't there used to be a chatty group of currently expecting/recently had up/uc mamas? Is it still here somewhere?
#2 of 113 Old 02-26-2007, 11:53 PM

I dunno, but I'm here. I think it was done as a monthly check in kind of thing.
#3 of 113 Old 02-26-2007, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

ooooh.

well, I need a group!

for now at least. I'm antsy (well, still the whole sick thing) and aside from the whole UC thing, there's not much action in the october forum anyway.

I'd love a supportive UC tribe thingie!
#4 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 12:09 AM

yeah, i have always sort of felt out of place in my ddc, especially now that birth is getting closer. i'm due in june!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#5 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

well 3's company right?

Jenny, I've been following your other thread (but as I'm only a birth junkie, don't qualify. LOL). Ironically it was my last 2 midwives who convinced me of unassisted! lol worked themselves out of a job! I realized afterword they were just there for my reassurance. well. I'm reassured.
#6 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 01:09 AM

I'll sign on. UP/UC, due in July. First birth, expecting twins. I don't really look at my DDC anymore -- just here and the multiples forum with occasional explorations elsewhere.

19 weeks today. I'm still gaggy; babies are quite kicky; BH ctx are now manageable as long as I keep myself hydrated, well-fed and well-rested.

Watched Psalm & Zoya's birth the other day for a 2nd time. I love it! Definitely the calm I aspire to.

How's everyone else doing?
#7 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 02:43 AM

I'm in. UP/UC with #3 (we've only had UP/UCs). Due June/July - depending on when this little ornery octupus decides s/he is ready.

Mom to Eoin (11/02), Eilis (09/04), Eamon (07/07), and Ellery (04/10)
#8 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 05:11 AM

Count me in, too. But my DDC is awesome--we have some really great UP/UC supporters in the March 07 DDC. I still check in daily.

I'm due anytime now and willing to take on a "newbie" once my little guy decides to make an appearance. I already have my own "mentor." And I think you know who you are. :-)

Oh, and just to run it by folks: DH and I are planning to video the birth and I was thinking about making a production out of it, with some explanation about why we UP/UC, the equipment we have and why, etc. Do you think there's a market for that sort of thing? Not an astronomical price tag, just enough to cover copying the DVDs, maybe $5 or so.
#9 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

great! lots of us here!

This is my 3rd sticky pregnancy, first was twins and they were a typical medical pregnancy and birth (perinatologist, hospital, epidural, pitocin, blah blah blah), second was my youngest and he was a homebirth with two hands-off midwives. That experience caused us to understand that UC was ultimately for us.

I'm having a freaked out day today. DH and I finally decided we'd waited long enough for some love but apparently it wasn't long enough because I have some light pink spotting today. I know, I know, it's supposed to be normal. But with 17 miscarriages (most not this late in the game) I don't like to see ANY blood when pregnant.
#10 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 01:46 PM

I'm in! Due with twins in August... 17 weeks now.

Really really really want to UC. Working it out now (more mentally than anything else).

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#11 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Twins! how fun!

there's a book... I think it's called Sisters on a Journey, that's about numerous midwives and traditional birth helpers. There's several stories in it of multiples birth. Definitely doable (sure wish mine had been!)
#12 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

by the way, I am SO glad for a forum where the answer to "my water broke over 14 hours and still no labor!" isn't just "run to the hospital it's not safe!"
#13 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 03:07 PM

I'm due within the next month. I can't wait! I'm looking forward to everything- the labor and birth, meeting the baby, not being pregnant, going out for a pina colada... LOL

This is my first. Everything's going along peachy, but I think s/he's breech again. I hope some flipping happens. Sigh...

Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
#14 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

my youngest went breech several times (the turkey!). I usually persuaded him to flip back by playing loud bagpipe music down near the baby-exit. it sounds weird, but it really worked! (not sure how I ran across the bagpipe thing, but somehow did..)
#15 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 03:21 PM

Thought I would say hello.

Due in the next four weeks or so, and really looking forward to it. This my second babe, first up/uc. I usually hang out in the March DDC, and lurk here. Now that I am getting closer, am feeling the need for contact.
#16 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 03:34 PM

I just found out that I'm pregnant w/ DC#3, and this will be UC #2. Just figured I'd join the club. I was so wrapped up in my birth options last time around that I'm trying not to think *too* much this time around. I'm due roughly Oct 10th.
#17 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

congrats!

I'd had this planned out so many times before, only to lose the baby.. I'm trying not to 'think' too much this time either. My only question at this point is where I'll deliver. we live in an RV (not ideal for birth) and it's right next to my parents house (small mobile home-theirs and also not ideal). hmm..
#18 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 03:54 PM

Im gonna post a quick hello to jump in here. I am due Mid April. This is my first up/uc. My last was a hb with a midwife. Nice to see so many mama's due soon.
#19 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm here! UP/UC, due in August. My first was a hospital birth with an sOB - you live, you learn. I'm having a very peaceful, joyous pregnancy so far (aside from the excruciatingly sore nipples, that is) and I'm enjoying my last one-on-one time with DS!

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 jumpers.gif

#20 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureMamaOR View Post
my youngest went breech several times (the turkey!). I usually persuaded him to flip back by playing loud bagpipe music down near the baby-exit. it sounds weird, but it really worked! (not sure how I ran across the bagpipe thing, but somehow did..)
That's great! I might just try that!

Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
#21 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 04:50 PM

I planned to have a UP/UC, but for DH's sake I gave in and started seeing a midwife during month 7. I still plan to have my UC though and next time I'll do a UP as well. I'm easing DH into all this...

Kristi

#22 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 05:19 PM

I'm here. Not yet 5 weeks pregnant (edd Nov 1). My ddc is pretty new, but I don't see any other UCers thus far.
My 3rd baby was an unassisted m/c and my last baby was UP from 7 months on and was a planned UC. (My other 3 children were hospital induction births with epidurals- yuk!) This one is a planned UP/UC....hoping to try Hypnobabies this time.

Crunchy, Christ-lovin' mama to dd13, ds8, dd6, dd5, ds3  homeschool.gif intactlact.gif saynovax.gifuc.jpg

#23 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 06:46 PM

Count me in - I'm due in October too. This is my 3rd pregnancy - 2nd UP. I had a very hard midwife attended homebirth (waterbirth) with #1 and suffered PTSD afterward. I had some issues that cropped up during the birth of #2 and ended up a transfer. But it was fine, I got the healing I needed from that birth and had a near painless hypnobirth anyway.

This time DH is really supportive of UC in a way he's never been before, and I am really excited. My goal is to have a really spiritual pregnancy and birth this time around. We got pregnant the first time we had sex after converting to Judaism - kind of cool. It was unexpected since we have a 7 month old and a 28 month old, but I think we'll be just fine.

If anybody has in reccomendations for good spiritual birth type books, I would love the references. I've got Ina Mae's books coming in the mail, but I don't know what else to look at. I try to avoid books that focus on pain since I am a hypno-birther.

I'm really a little shell shocked today. I can't believe it's happened so fast!

We have a contractor coming in a week to install my new jacuzzi bath tub - so excited!!
#24 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsrock View Post
This one is a planned UP/UC....hoping to try Hypnobabies this time.
Hypnobabies is *awesome* - I loved using it throughout my last pregnancy!
#25 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 08:47 PM

at the bagpipe music. That rocks.

I'm expecting my 4th baby (2nd UC) around July 3rd. Things are going well. Nice to meet you all.
#26 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bluefish View Post
This time DH is really supportive of UC in a way he's never been before, and I am really excited. My goal is to have a really spiritual pregnancy and birth this time around. We got pregnant the first time we had sex after converting to Judaism - kind of cool. It was unexpected since we have a 7 month old and a 28 month old, but I think we'll be just fine.

If anybody has in reccomendations for good spiritual birth type books, I would love the references. I've got Ina Mae's books coming in the mail, but I don't know what else to look at. I try to avoid books that focus on pain since I am a hypno-birther.
How wonderful! The website jewishpregnancy.org is a good one to check out. It has a whole section devoted to making birth spiritual with a lot of good articles. I enjoy it and I hope you will too!

Kristi

#27 of 113 Old 02-27-2007, 09:03 PM

Wow, thanks so much Kristi, that website looks fabulous!
#28 of 113 Old 02-28-2007, 12:47 AM

Hello! This will be my first UC.I found out I was pregnant with my 4th when I was already 20 weeks.It was an emergency room visit since we were in the middle of moving from VA.We just got to HI 2 weeks ago and now I can finally prepare for this new critter.
I was talking in my other rambly thread about how I felt I needed to see somebody so that I can make sure that the fundal height, and baby's position are okay and then socialize.I can never find my fundus even when my hand is put right on top of it.
Today I made the first contact with the nurses and I am so glad that I will not be delivering at that hospital it looks totally icky and the parking was so confusing I would never want to have to deal with that in labor.SHe kept getting stuck on the fact that my LMP was sometime in June and that I was told that I am due in May.According to LMP I am 36 weeks and according to the U/S at 20 weeks I am only 29 weeks.She had to have something to write in her charts.Then I made her life more difficult since I told her I wasn't doing the GD test.I told her I knew the consequences and felt I was okay with my choice.It took 5 minutes of my firmness before she moved on but I'm sure that I will be hearing more about it.Next week is when i actually see a DR although I will request a midwife as my primary care manager if there is room for me.Even if there isn't I won't be delivering there since my labors are really fast.
I really need to read up on what the placenta should look like and what can i do for myself afterwards.Its good to have a sounding boardand great that there are other pregnant ladies here who have also gone through a UC.Thanks!

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

#29 of 113 Old 02-28-2007, 10:49 AM

Baby #4, UC #2.

Don't forget about the roll call and births list sticky here in the UC board.

Doing well, holding a very safe normal space in my mind and family, since we are 39 1/2 weeks pregnant, in KY, packing our home, and moving to FL at 41 weeks... expecting baby to arrive at 41.5 weeks like the 1st 3...

So- cross your fingers that baby follows history for me If not, we are taking all the birth supplies in the van with us, if I have to have baby in a hotel on the way to FL, so be it.

I am thrilled about this baby, we asked him to come. I met him while Iwas still pregnant with #3...he was just always hanging around, peeking at me from around the corner I would catch him He is sweet, and gentle. A extreme paradoxical difference from my first boy
#30 of 113 Old 02-28-2007, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureMamaOR View Post
... loud bagpipe music down near the baby-exit.
omg- BABY EXIT!!! i have never heard that one...classic.

We play bag pipe music, as is seems appropriate since we are both Scottish. I find it grounding...most of it is long steady drawn out sounds..much like what contractions are like...so we played that through out labor with my last. Will again too.

anyone interested but don't know where to get some bagpipe music - try stores like target - they have displays with music and round the world stuff, they usually have some.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page