Planning or had a planned UC? - describe yourself! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 101 Old 08-11-2008, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A) What is/was your occupation (in addition to being a Mother)?
Human Resources

B) Education level? (e.g. high school, college graduate, post-graduate)?
Two years of college

C) Do you see yourself as more of an intellectual, artistic, scientific or back-to-nature type? (Or combination, or something else entirely?)
intellectual back-to-nature type

D) What made you interested in unassisted childbirth?
my friend had a uc birth and i had an uncomfortable midwife-led labor with my first baby

E) What are your main sources of research on UC?
the unassisted yahoo group, laura shanley's book and site, my spirituality

F) At what age did you have or plan your first UC?
I'll be 25

Mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09)
#92 of 101 Old 08-12-2008, 01:12 PM

I gave birth to my third child (our first son) by planned UC (our first UC) on August 6. This is my birth story. I think it's great that your friend is participating in the educating of those around us who are unaware of the safety and benefits of UC. Woohoo for her!

Wanted to contribute so here are my answers!

I am my husband's wife, my children's Mama, and the keeper of my home (Titus 2:4). That includes changing the lives of those around me to make our corner of the world a little brighter by making the house we live in be a home that is safe, secure, joyful, and full of love!

High school

C) Do you see yourself as more of an intellectual, artistic, scientific or back-to-nature type? (Or combination, or something else entirely?)
I'd say a combination. The best way to be described would be a simple Christian woman, striving to be all that God has called me to be!

I had half of an unassisted pregnancy with my first daughter, than with my second it was FULL on assisted and I missed what I had with my first pregnancy. It was then that I started to learn more about unassisted childbirth (I had never actually heard of it prior even though I had been doing UP). A friend of mine had her daughter UC and so my research began. I then discovered I was pregnant with our third child and the decision was made by dh and I to go UP/UC. I kept a journal of all of it at my blog and also shared information I learned along the way about hospital births (lots of great info if your friend wants to use it in her research).

Experienced UCers. I met a lot of women at several different forums. Yahoo - C-birth; Christianuc.com; raisinggodlytomatoes.com; and here.

22 (started planning) and 23 (had my first UC).

I hope you'll share what she puts together when it's complete! God bless! :
#93 of 101 Old 08-19-2008, 08:57 AM

A) I translate novels from English to Romanian for a publishing house, also trained as a teacher.
B) College grad. English literature and Geography
C) Intellectual, artistic, back to nature and very physical. Exercise and physical work make me high and fulfilled. That's why even my artistic nature needs to express in movement. And I think best when I walk or anything else that has my body engaged. I love doing things with my hands. Spiritual also, I believe in God deeply.
D)Birth in Romania is a trauma for all women and after I began reading about the subject I happened to hear about unassisted homebirth and it made so much sense to me. Seemed so intimately linked to the experience of birth. And the idea of having a baby with just his father present is a fantastic thing.
E) The internet and hopefully soon I can get some books.
F) I am now 24 and plan a baby next year.
#94 of 101 Old 08-19-2008, 09:54 AM

SAHW. I also have a massage therapy degree which I don't (yet?) use for profit, and do some amount of crafting and photography for pay.

I spent one year at a university before I realized I didn't want to do any of those jobs forever. Then switched schools and earned a massage therapy degree.

A fluid combination.

DH and I had already chosen a homebirth, so when we found out there were no midwives locally available, we began researching UC.

The internet. Chiefly this MDC forum. Also books for midwives outlining how to handle emergencies.

Planning one now at 22. Hoping to conceive soon.

treehugger.gif SAHM with a precious toddler and the love of my life, expecting a new little one July 2014!
#95 of 101 Old 08-19-2008, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
A) What is/was your occupation (in addition to being a Mother)? Former EMT, Andrologist, patient tech, and phlebotomist. Also a teacher aide in special ed for awhile.

B) Education level? (e.g. high school, college graduate, post-graduate)? Almost a college graduate. 110 credit hours.

C) Do you see yourself as more of an intellectual, artistic, scientific or back-to-nature type? (Or combination, or something else entirely?) Combo of all.

D) What made you interested in unassisted childbirth? I found this forum and then read a lot of books such as Hearts and Hands and Unassisted Childbirth.

E) What are your main sources of research on UC? The internet, medical school texts, nursing book texts, EMT texts, personal experience in a clinical and emergency medical field.

F) At what age did you have or plan your first UC? 24.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#96 of 101 Old 08-20-2008, 11:20 AM

A) What is/was your occupation (in addition to being a Mother)? I work in a photo lab and am a full time mommy and mommy to be

B) Education level? (e.g. high school, college graduate, post-graduate)?high school

C) Do you see yourself as more of an intellectual, artistic, scientific or back-to-nature type? (Or combination, or something else entirely?) I am a mother type first of all and I am huge into nature and try not to interrupt my bodies natural "flow" (with medications,drugs and those sorts)

D) What made you interested in unassisted childbirth? I had my daughter at 17 and had a hospital birth natural (well I was induced) and I wouldnt do it again I KNOW I can do it already why would I go to a hospital for them to interfere

E) What are your main sources of research on UC? so far the internet buying some books this week though

F) At what age did you have or plan your first UC?I will be 21 as long as nothing with this pregnancy gets in the way I have been planning this since right after I had my last daughter

My name is Lindsay I am a full time wife to Nick 10-21-08 and full time mommy to Cadence, Irie and Isis

#97 of 101 Old 08-20-2008, 06:54 PM

A) What is/was your occupation (in addition to being a Mother)? I am a school teacher... violinist, artist, chemistry, reader and rockclimbing fanatic... and still am... I am working on my Masters Degree, but not because I think it teaches you everything... in my opinion... Its a piece of paper, that only means something if you actually apply yourself and learn. A piece of paper means nothing to me, but it does to the rest of the world, so I figure I might as well keep going

BS

I am all of the above, but I DO NOT support anything scientific that undoes Nature, or harms her! I live in Birks, but love dressing in a good high heel, so a queen of all trades

D) What made you interested in unassisted childbirth? Everything! Why wouldn't you want it? The only thing I can think of would be fear

E) What are your main sources of research on UC? Elderly... yes I believe in learning from that older generation. I am studying and talking to men and women who have delivered babies for generations

F) At what age did you have or plan your first UC? Planning one now... I hope to have all those I love there supporting, I can feel the love in the room now: : :

Oh.. and since we are on this subject. My baby will be born, loved and accepted exactly as he/she comes... no pricking, no prodding, no cutting... just loved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! [/QUOTE]
#98 of 101 Old 08-29-2008, 05:03 PM

Just a SAHM. Nothing else.

1.5 years of college.

C) Do you see yourself as more of an intellectual, artistic, scientific or back-to-nature type?
I guess I am more of an intellectual back-to-nature wanna be. I am basically a jack of all trades that loves controlled chaos.

Loving a quiet birth where I am in control and I can't stand "doing it their way". I find birth totally natural and really hate the way the medical profession has taken over and made it into a dangerous disaster waiting to happen.

Internet and books.

31 years old.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#99 of 101 Old 09-24-2008, 01:26 PM

SAHM, my last official job was in retail sales.
College graduate with an associate degree.
Somewhat artistic and I am a Christian who believes God is in control and that I can trust in Him.
I'm hoping to avoid hospital birth after a bad birth experience in one. I want to be in control of what happens to me and my baby as far as making choices. I don't want some doctor doing whatever they want with us. I can't really afford a midwife and I feel that I don't really need to have one and that they could possibly interfere just as much as a doctor if I get a bad one.
the internet
I'm in the planning process and I will be 23 when I give birth.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#100 of 101 Old 09-24-2008, 06:10 PM

A. homemaker (husband is financial advisor)
B. College graduate (4 year degree)
C. both intellectual and back to nature...both of these played a part in my attraction to UC.
D. Thought it was a beautiful thing. Why have third parties at an intimate event? Trust nature. Get closer to God.
E. books (even non-UC books like "Childbirth w/o Fear" etc.) Rixa's blog (rixarixa.blogspot.com), Pamela midwife's blog (sagefemme.blogspot.com)
F. 24
#101 of 101 Old 09-24-2008, 06:29 PM

Currently, I'm a WOHM. For the majority of the time, I'm a SAHM.

Currently in school for my Bachelor of Nursing Science, with plans to Master in Women's/Maternal Health, and then take a break before heading back to Medical School for Ob/Gyn (gotta have some OB's fighting the good fight).

All of the above. Seriously. I'm a Gemini.. I have multiple personalities. But, I've found that they SHOULD all go together, at least by my logic. There is scientific evidence behind a crunchy/hippie lifestyle. There is science in art. There is art in science, and art in crunchiness. They are all intertwined. So I can't pick one

It just felt right to me. I'm an incredibly independant person, aligned with the fact that I don't feel I need to be told what to do and how to give birth: I should just 'know'.

Internet and books. Love me some Amazon!

I have yet to have my UC; with both my children, we were living with other people during the end of my pregnancies. People I did not feel comfortable laboring around.

So, whenever we have a next child, that will be the time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page