Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm glad baby's doing ok!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2007, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wow! Still no baby?! Maybe S/he is planning on making an entrance for the first day of school? I think it may be tough to home school him/her inside the womb.

Still sending you tons of good baby vibes!
Old 04-26-2007, 01:40 PM

: anything yet?

I bake, therefore I am.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:32 PM

I'm starting to wonder if I'm insane... I was charting- TRYING to get pregnant. I know when my LMP was but I can't believe I'm actually this far past due. Maybe I ovulated really late in my cycle... Even then I'm still 2 weeks psat due. I don't know. This is crazy. I keep flip flopping between holding out for my dream birth and getting induced. My test showed that everything's okay, but it's just so weird...

Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
Old 04-26-2007, 03:39 PM

Do you have a chart online you can share? maybe we could help figure it out...

that said, my parents have a friend their age whose kids were all 44 weeks (back in the day when they didn't worry about that). it does happen! (where's the 10-month mama club when you need it?)
Old 04-26-2007, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureMama3 View Post
Do you have a chart online you can share? maybe we could help figure it out...

that said, my parents have a friend their age whose kids were all 44 weeks (back in the day when they didn't worry about that). it does happen! (where's the 10-month mama club when you need it?)
Thanks for the encouragement. Everyone keeps telling me I must have calculated wrong, but I just don't know how I could've. It's really rare to actually be overdue this much, bit I don't know.

When I got pregnant we didn't have internet access, so I was doing my charting by hand and transferring it (sporadically) online. I'll check and see if any of the last cycle ending up on line...

We had been ttc for nearly 7 months and I had decided to quit trying because I was frustrated. I didn't get all the way thru the cycle chartingbecause I gave up.

Okay, I found the begining of the chart. I wrote down some other info, but this was all that made it online.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Mama2B

I can't tell when I ovulated or anything, but on my other cycles 17-20 days seems to be the standard. If I really ovulated on day 20 my due dat should be around April 5th (or since it's my first child some predictors say it's the 12th) Even then though I'm pretty far overdue. Grr...

I don't know... I started hpting at the begining of August because I missed AF at the end of July, so I know I'm not somehow missing a cycle after that. I'm realy confused. Maybe I am just super late?

Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
Old 04-26-2007, 06:46 PM

Maybe you are having a girl! I say this because out of 6 kids my mom had two girls, my sister and me. My sister was a month "late" and that was with THREE failed Pitocin based inductions. I was late but not by much as they found issues with me. NONE of the boys in my family were late.

Hang in there! Everything is going well and now you know this. It will happen! From what I have read there are studies that show women take after their mother's in regards to length of pregnancy. Now it's not all based off that...the healthier you are the more likely you are to keep a baby in there but maybe call your mom up and ask for all the details of her pregnancy with you and any siblings if you have them.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:48 PM

Kristi -- Gosh, that's a hard one!! I know that I ovulated twice in the month that I conceived DD and her due date was off by over a week. Maybe off by two weeks. So my midwives had the wrong due date... much too early. I supposedly went to 42 w 3 d but I know that it was more like 40 w.

I think you could have the correct dates but your body is just a slow cooker. Do you know if you or your DH was born very late? Other people in your family?

I think that as long as you are feeling baby move, and if not that you are getting baby checked (sounds like you are!) then it is fine to wait it out. But I can see why you'd be impatient!! You could always castor oil it or get someone to sweep your membranes if you really wanted to. Though you may not want to start that induction stuff...

Good luck! I'm checking back daily to hear the news!

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
Old 04-26-2007, 07:29 PM

I was premature (mom smoked) and my sister and I were both planned c-sec, so I don't think either of us got a chance to go late. My dad was a twin and born premature and I think my mom and her brother were born pretty close to their due dates. I'm not sure about DH or his siblings, but I know they were big. DH was 9lbs 8ozs at birth, but I'm not sure if he was late or anything. I've tried all the natural type inductions (castor oil, EPO, sex, walking, eggplant parmesan , etc.) but nothing seems to be motivating this baby to come out. I'd be fine waiting if I weren't thinking about how "late" the baby is and if I weren't bombarded by concernd friends and relatives trying to get me to induce! Blah.

Kristi

Old 04-26-2007, 07:45 PM

Your experience is causing me to think alot. After our past experiences of messing around with induction methods and having difficult labors, we have decided that we need to sit still as long as the baby is ok. My only little fear is that we would wait too long if something really was wrong and we wouldn't be able to induce with pit - they'd want to do surgery. I guess that's the point when I just have to pray that God will let me know I need help before I get to that point. ((hugs))
Old 04-26-2007, 07:46 PM

I'd say there's probably a chance you're not as far along as you appear to be, but either way, you're also showing signs of being VERY near to delivery.

And I think it used to be MUCH more common before everyone was induced at 39-41 weeks. *sigh*

Here's my suggestion: turn the phone off and stop answering emails from relatives. Seriously. You ARE showing signs of being plenty close to labor, and it WILL happen. I only know of one person who was pregnant 64 years and that was a molar pregnancy. (ok, now that you laughed, I really wouldn't worry about that-she didn't know she was pregnant, it wasn't a full term wiggly baby with a heartbeat )
Old 04-26-2007, 07:47 PM

Yeah, I say sit on the toilet and try pushing - I would love to see that one work again!
Old 04-26-2007, 08:08 PM

My friend swears by swinging.. find a playground and swing....and hopefully be holding your baby in the morning. (I know you think I'm crazy... but it worth a try right??)

In some parks they have those bigger swings for disabled people.. perfect get-me-into-labor swing!
Old 04-26-2007, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bluefish View Post
Yeah, I say sit on the toilet and try pushing - I would love to see that one work again!
That would be amazing. I actually tried it yesterday. I just sat there pushing and grunting... DH knocked on the door to see if I was okay... He thought I was constipated.

Dang!

Kristi

Old 04-26-2007, 09:03 PM

A thought........the day my 42.3 week baby was born, she quit moving. She took a lonf 6 hour nap before her quick 3 hour decent and birth. I refused a NST that day, and am so glad I did since she wasn't moving.

MAYBE, just maybe -- your baby was getting quite geared up the other evening and the ER stressed things out too much?

Keep truckin', we are all thinking of you!! My aunts all had "regular" periods for a few months into their pregnancies.

Do what ever you can so you and your baby can rest!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:21 PM

I do not have any wisdom to share but I wanted you to know I am thinking you and your sweet baby! It really can't be long now.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

Old 04-26-2007, 09:27 PM

It is clear that there is only one more option left for you Mama2b. You will just have to move the crib, bassinet, change table, baby toys, mobile and some changes of baby sleepers into your womb. You may be able to send the toys, sleepers and mobile in orally, but I'm afraid the rest will have to go vaginally.

Report back in 5 years and we will send a kindergarten teacher, some crayons, paper, safe scissors glue and pipe cleaners in. Also, kids should have a pet. Richard Gere might recommend a hamster (yes, I am going straight to hell) but I am partial to dogs personally. Better shift some stuff around in there and make some room for the pet too!

Okay okay, all joking aside, whether you've messed up on the dates or not, I think as long as baby is doing well everything should just be left to happen on it's own time. The only thing I would worry about with being 4 weeks late would be the baby getting so big I wouldn't be able to physically push him/her past my pelvic bones. Lucky for me (this is the ONLY time I can claim 'lucky' about them) I have super wide hips. I don't know what your frame is like, but I think we're pretty much built to stretch and rock and roll with all the punches that come along with delivering a baby. I think you'll be just fine.

Maybe this is the sign of a passive baby? Perhaps it is just baby telling you he/she prefers a slower approach to life. Baby is stopping to smell the proverbial flowers....and mucus. So to speak.

Hang in there! It won't be long now, and if it is, at least you will be able to claim the longest live pregnancy in the world. Guiness Book should be calling you any day now!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:35 PM

hey, one thing's for sure, shouldn't have any too-early-baby-nursing-woes!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arriotty View Post
It is clear that there is only one more option left for you Mama2b. You will just have to move the crib, bassinet, change table, baby toys, mobile and some changes of baby sleepers into your womb.
let's skip all of that, babies don't like any of it and anyways I'm sure that baby will be 26" at birth and no longer be comfy in a bassinet j/k

Just checking in for the day, good luck to you mama2b.

I have a girlfriend who homebirthed a 44 week baby last year.

Slightly embrarassed to know my "pushing" thing has been tried I think it's one of those things that works only if it's time. Also in my case I has already drank a bottle of CO that week (per Heart and Hands) and I'm lucky it didnt cause problems (not even a little poop for me) but I am pretty certian it weakened my sac since it burst the way it did.

you can wait, you can try more aggressive stuff (have you tried nipple stim? are you sure baby's ready?) you can just hang out until baby decides. My latest was only 41.5 weeks and the last 3 weeks were very frustrating for me.

I journaled (start a blog) which helped my keep a little perspective and patience
I ate whatever I wanted, I pampered myself and I took lots of pictures.

I'd love to see that belly BTW. My friends literally looked like a watermellon on end...it was fabulous!

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09
Old 04-26-2007, 09:56 PM

Make dinner reservations for tomorrow night... Babies love to ruin pre planned stuff....
Old 04-26-2007, 10:00 PM

Edited because the person I was quoting edited. I like her post much better now, and no longer feel the need to make this post.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:14 PM

Oh, you poor thing! This is why due dates are evil! If you didn't know what your due date was "supposed" to be, you'd probably just be enjoying being pregnant right now without a care in the world. I tried not to know what my due date was this last time, but I just knew when I conceived. Knew. So when did you get your first positive hpt?

How's baby doing?
Old 04-26-2007, 10:40 PM

You all are so funny!

I might try to break the record for the largest birthed baby. I think the record is 16 lbs and some change. Lol. I've got a pretty sturdy frame so I'm not worried about the baby being too big yet, plus when I had my last u/s on Tuesday the u/s tech estimated 9 pounds 15 oz... with a margin of 21 oz! so that's somewhere between 7 and a half and 10 pounds. Anyways, s/he'll be a healthy size.

I may have to start packing up my NB sized stuff though... If the baby cooks much longer s/he might grow out of all that before s/he even gets to wear the stuff! Oh well, I'm actually happy to think of having a big, sturdy baby for my first- DH and I will feel less like we're going to break him or her.

I'm hoping this is the sign of a passive, laid back baby. I was very passive and easy going. My mom had no trouble with me at all. I'd be thrilled if that were the case. My sister was just the opposite- a real handful with a mouth on her from the very beginning. We'll see!

The baby must be sleeping a lot in there. I feel occasional streching or moving to get comfortable, but I think it's mostly nap time in there. I'll try to find the heartbeat and monitor things that way before going in for another NST, since at this point they think I'm 41 weeks and will try to induce.

I wish I didn't know my dute date or that we lived in a world where it didn't matter. I bet if that were the situation I would just be enjoying my last few weeks of pregnancy. Oh well.

I've got some pics on MySpace. I have a folder of pregnancy photos and I think I have a couple that were taken a week or two ago. I haven't gained any weight since then, I don't think, so that will give yu an idea of what I look like. Everyone thinks I have twins in there. Lol.

Thanks for the reassurance. I think I'd go crazy if it were for my MDC support group!

Kristi

Old 04-26-2007, 10:55 PM

the reason babies seem less active toward the end is they have less room.

and they don't just keep growing and growing and growing. Promise. Well, longer in some cases, but usually not a whole lot of growing.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellimamo View Post
Make dinner reservations for tomorrow night... Babies love to ruin pre planned stuff....
Oh yeah, definitely invest in something you have to show up for or pay for. It always works for me with my critters and DH's job, as soon as I make firm plans oops!

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

Old 04-26-2007, 11:58 PM

Kristi ~ my last baby was 13 pounds and she was my fastest, easiest labor. Also, she's my most laid back happy baby! She's just a doll & a joy to care for....I hardly even know what her cry sounds like - she just doesn't feel a need to cry.

Greenlee's Forest *intentional jewelry* a secret Journal locket!
Me My Blog Mama to 7 babes & four spirit babies
Old 04-27-2007, 03:10 AM

BLOODY SHOW!!! Woo hoo! I never thought bloody mucous could get me so excited! I'm pretty sure the last of my plug is history and I'm reeeeeally hoping the baby breaks that water bag soon! Contrax seems harder now, but maybe I'm just being hopeful.

I'll keep you all updated.

Kristi

Old 04-27-2007, 03:16 AM

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~Mama2B~~ View Post
BLOODY SHOW!!! Woo hoo! I never thought bloody mucous could get me so excited!
I must be pregnant or something. Since when does a statement bring tears to my eyes?!? :

: I am so excited for you. Kristi, you have amazed me at your patience and willingness to wait it out. You'll have a fantastic birth.

ETA: Woot! You got my post #2000

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

Old 04-27-2007, 05:04 AM

So no more mucous, but I'm still bleeding... is that normal? My contrax are definitely different than before... Much stronger and they're getting closer. I really hope they keep up and don't fizzle out! They've gone from every 9-10 minutes to every 3-4 now. And for once they're lasting about a minute or so instead of just being puny 10 second contrax. I wish I had taken a nap today, since I can't sleep.

Yay! I'm so glad SOMETHING is happening down there!

Kristi

User Tag List