~~Mama2B~~: UC Cheerleading Thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 243 Old 05-01-2007, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kristi and Ziva, congratulations!!!

Here I go out of town for a few days and you have the baby...couldn't have waited until I got back, now, could you?

Sorry to hear about your tear and the comments...that must be hard to recover from, and frustrating that they were imposing their lack of knowledge about birth on you (in terms of the violent pushing/pulling). OUCH! Hope you feel better soon! I had some stitches with my last dd, she had a nuchal hand, and here are some comfort measures that really helped: a peri bottle for peeing, softest toilet tissue you can find, frozen pads (cloth is best, it's much softer and more comfy). Good luck with your healing!

And she's BEAUTIFUL! You all look so happy, thanks for sharing the pictures. LLL was wonderful for me, I hope you'll go ahead to a meeting or just call...usually they have a local "hotline" in case you need quicker help from a LLL leader, and they are both experienced and supportive.

Happy babymoon, and blissful mothering!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 243 Old 05-01-2007, 03:52 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!! I was hooked on reading this thread, and am so glad to read that your daughter was born.
I used to live in the Seattle area and with both of my babies needed extra breastfeeding help from a lactation consultant. The LLL even has contact information for private lactation consultants who can come to your house for 1.5 hours and reallly help with breastfeeding, especially helping your baby get on your breast from the nipple shield. Such a visit is not cheap (100 dollars?) but it is well worth it. Sometimes using pacifiers can interfer with establishing breastfeeding, especially in the first few weeks.
Take care!!!!
#243 of 243 Old 05-07-2007, 07:28 PM

Hi Kristi,

Crongratulation's on the birth of your baby girl!! Enjoy your baby moon mama!!!

Also, when you are up for it, would you be willing to share your experience and with transfering to the hospital? I would like to know how the hospitals react around here to up/ucing. My sister is considering a UC. And she lives in the Lynnwood area. We are thinking of having midwife and only calling her if the need arises..but then we can always call 911. And if we don't need assistance that will save her the $3000. but if she needs medical then there will be a hefty bill in the end. She doesn't have insurance,she is 16yr old and my parents make too much to get DSHS. We are trying to figure out the best route to go. Did you have documentation of prenatals when you went to the hospital? I guess we just want to make sure we have our bases covered "just in case",yk? And especially since she is a minor. I would love your feedback and would love to learn from you!! You have inspired me in so many ways and I know with my next baby, I will go UC too. Thank you!!

Melissa loving my DH and DD(4yr)hearts.gif Most likely in my garden. Two angel.gif that I'll remember forever. My baby is here!!! Ethan Matthew came at 42 weeks on 5/19/10 9.10 lbs hbac.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page