~~Mama2B~~: UC Cheerleading Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 243 Old 03-20-2007, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So, you've got a couple (or more) weeks to go. Here's a place for us to cheer you on!

What kind of birth do you envision? Is this your first birth?

(to the other UCers here, is it OK that I keep doing these threads? it's the only way I can keep track of the events here )

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 243 Old 03-20-2007, 12:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm ok with it! I can't wait for mine.

That said, I think we should get "clearance" from the mama first. After reading Turkish Kate's sadness about letting "us" down I think we should ask, yk?

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#3 of 243 Old 03-20-2007, 12:46 AM

: maybe a PM.

and BTW, MamaRabbit, who gets to do yours? LOL

Shotgun!!!!
#4 of 243 Old 03-20-2007, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, that's a good idea... didn't even think about that. And Kate did not let us down. I think she empowerd us more.

OK, Crissei, you have shotgun!

#5 of 243 Old 03-20-2007, 02:16 AM

Cool! Thanks for this thread! I can't believe it's so close to my due date!

I've been having some cramps and aches- I think the baby is FINALLY dropping. It feels like it's taking forever.

This is our first pregnancy. I'd really like a quick UC/homebirth with DH there. We're thinking of calling our midwife once it's all over with if I have any bleeding or if DH can't stand the "hippie-ness" of it all, but I'm looking forward to this being a family event. I'm picking up a birthing pool tomorrow (I think) so we'll be totally ready at that point. YAY!

Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
#6 of 243 Old 03-20-2007, 02:23 AM

Woo hoo!

I am so jealous...there are so many spring babies popping up all around me! I don't wanna wait!

Give more**Expect Less
#7 of 243 Old 03-21-2007, 09:47 PM

My midwife can almost reach my cervix internally. Not comfortable, but at least now she can tell that the baby is head down without trying to send me in for u/s which I've been resisting. : She says there is a chance the baby could go back to breech, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

My measurments have been right on par for the week all the way through, but now it looks like I'm measuring about 36 cm. I don't know what this means, but it's kinda weird. Hmm..

No one is expecting me to have the baby until the first week of April (cry cry) but I'm reeeeeeally hoping the baby hurries up and gets outta there! I guess when they did my one evil u/s that's what it looked like. They put my EDD at April 6th by their measurents. We'll see though. Keep your fingers crossed that it happens a little sooner, as I'm getting reeeeally uncomfortable and sick of being pregnant! I want to meet my baby!!!

Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
#8 of 243 Old 03-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Banned

I haven't measured myself in a few weeks, but I'm always *right on* according to my LMP. Then at the end I start to go back down. I take it as a sign of baby dropping and labor day getting close!
#9 of 243 Old 03-23-2007, 11:40 PM

I've been having some veeeeery mild BH contrax these past few days. Also, the baby is really running out of room and not happy about it!

My maternity leave has now begun. I have 6 weeks. I really hope the baby isn't too late, as I don't want to sit around preggo the whole time! Hopefully I'll only be working 2-3 days a week for about 10-15 hours, so even once I go back it won't be too bad.

I think I'm going to try some EPO and maybe nipple stimulation. I've heard those can help labor hurry up if my body's already thinking about it. I feel bad for baby because I feel him/her trying to get comfy in there but it takes forever since it's such a tight space. Plus, I think s/he wants to get back in breech but can't turn MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'd love to get this baby outta me now...

Kristi

#10 of 243 Old 03-24-2007, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDreamer View Post
I haven't measured myself in a few weeks, but I'm always *right on* according to my LMP. Then at the end I start to go back down. I take it as a sign of baby dropping and labor day getting close!
I was right on too and now I'm down three inches. Hopefully it means the same for me- baby time is coming! When did your DC drop? A lot of people are telling me it's so late for that to be happening.

Kristi

#11 of 243 Old 03-24-2007, 01:28 AM - Thread Starter

Actually you can drop any time. Maybe the baby was in an "off" position, and has since rotated into a better position. I've seen posterior babies not drop until they move anterior.

#12 of 243 Old 03-24-2007, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRabbit View Post
Actually you can drop any time. Maybe the baby was in an "off" position, and has since rotated into a better position. I've seen posterior babies not drop until they move anterior.
Mine was in breech until the middle of the 7th month and was sitting waaaaay over on the right side until a week or so ago. That might be why it took so long.

Kristi

#13 of 243 Old 03-26-2007, 02:52 AM

Sending positive birthing vibes your way! Hope you have the birth of your dreams!!
Teri
#14 of 243 Old 03-26-2007, 10:03 AM

: may the stork come soon...

::
#15 of 243 Old 03-26-2007, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~Mama2B~~ View Post
I was right on too and now I'm down three inches. Hopefully it means the same for me- baby time is coming! When did your DC drop? A lot of people are telling me it's so late for that to be happening.

Kristi

In my past two pregnancies, I measured "right on" cm=weeks until 36 weeks. Then I stayed the same until the end, which was always around 41 weeks.

This pregnancy, I don't know what's going on. The last I measured was at 37 weeks, and I measured 37cm. I'm now 41.5 weeks.
#16 of 243 Old 03-26-2007, 02:57 PM

Mama2B, are you comfortable with breech birth? I wanted to cheer you onto that possibility and confidence that it will be fine, too, if that happens. My mother arrived at hospital, pregnant with me, just in time to jump on a gurney and pop me out before she was even in the 'delivery room'! I was a frank breech baby. My mother was and still is a 100lb, 5'2" woman. I was born a few days from 'due date' and was 7lb4oz. It can and should be done! Also, my mother's labours were both under one hour that she was aware of. She slept through both until she was dialated enough that she barely made it to hospital (why didn't she stay home?). My brother was crowning in the car as they pulled into the parking lot and both times, the hospital was 10 minutes away! So she may not be the best example of how it is definitely possible, but I have read an enormous amount of literature mostly from the UK about breech birth and its inherent safety and great outcomes, especially in water and of course, hands-off (except to tuck in a chin, which mum can do herself).

So breech or vertex... RAH RAH RAH!!! You can do it!!! : Yipee!

Well, I've been absent for 8 months, and during that time, it turns out that I have completely transformed. You are all precious. Thank you for being here and sharing your lives. You are truly a gift. namaste.gif Jan. 23, 2012

#17 of 243 Old 03-26-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreggieUBA2C View Post
Mama2B, are you comfortable with breech birth? I wanted to cheer you onto that possibility and confidence that it will be fine, too, if that happens. My mother arrived at hospital, pregnant with me, just in time to jump on a gurney and pop me out before she was even in the 'delivery room'! I was a frank breech baby. My mother was and still is a 100lb, 5'2" woman. I was born a few days from 'due date' and was 7lb4oz. It can and should be done! Also, my mother's labours were both under one hour that she was aware of. She slept through both until she was dialated enough that she barely made it to hospital (why didn't she stay home?). My brother was crowning in the car as they pulled into the parking lot and both times, the hospital was 10 minutes away! So she may not be the best example of how it is definitely possible, but I have read an enormous amount of literature mostly from the UK about breech birth and its inherent safety and great outcomes, especially in water and of course, hands-off (except to tuck in a chin, which mum can do herself).

I actually feel pretty good about it. I don't feel really, super confident, since I hear so much about the dangers and blah blah blah, but from what I've read it doesn't seem to be all that scary. Plus, I haven't had any indication that this little one is going to go back to breech- s/he's dropped a bit and is running out of room. But if it happens, I'll be okay with that.

Kristi

#18 of 243 Old 03-26-2007, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreggieUBA2C View Post

Could you repost this in a few months when I could very easily have one of my babies breech? I love hearing positive breech stories!

#19 of 243 Old 03-27-2007, 07:28 PM

You probably are getting tired of my boring updates, since nothing's really happening, but I figure I can use this for some pregnancy memories later.

I had my midwife appt. today. They tried to make me go get an u/s : but I refused. I met with the midwife I don't care for, but I guess the other midwife told her not to try sticking her hands or anything else in me, so that was good.

I'm measuring at 36 inches and I still have a ton of movement. I've been having some super mild BH contrax and the creepy feeling that something is sinking down behind my pelvic bone. It's great. I'm so anxious, but okay with being late. My mom is hoping I have the baby on her birthday- 4/4. I'm staying positive about the timing and trying to remember that the baby will come out as soon as s/he's ready. I'm trying to enjoy 9-10 hours of uninterupted sleep at night and being able to watch 2 tv shows in a row if I feel like it.

Thanks for your support, mamas!

Kristi

#20 of 243 Old 03-27-2007, 09:06 PM

I'm sorry, but aren't you not even due yet??? And this is your first baby, right??? Just to put a word in that being anxious and your midwife being anxious feels a little premature. Most likely, everything is fine.

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#21 of 243 Old 03-27-2007, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataji4 View Post
I'm sorry, but aren't you not even due yet??? And this is your first baby, right??? Just to put a word in that being anxious and your midwife being anxious feels a little premature. Most likely, everything is fine.
Neither of us are anxious as in afraid, but anxious as in excited and can't wait.

Kristi

#22 of 243 Old 03-28-2007, 06:36 AM

Oh 9 hours of sleep uninterrupted!!! i miss that! Definitely soak in that ability and maybe even try for 12 or more hours, maybe you can stockpile hours of sleep for later in life.. I wish

enjoy these last few weeks (or month if you are a 10 month mama)!

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

#23 of 243 Old 03-31-2007, 07:31 PM

So here's another uneventful update...

The baby is reeeally low now... I think in the perfect position to get out of me! I'm not effaced or dillated or anything, but I have been having some mini-contrax of the BH variety. They're getting more frequent now.

Also... this will sound weird but, does the baby push him/herself out using their feet? I keep feeling the baby pushing his/her feet super hard into my belly and then I feel the cervix stretching out as the head goes further down. Am I nuts?

Kristi

#24 of 243 Old 03-31-2007, 07:52 PM

*laughs* I am getting a vision of baby going "O.k., on three, 1, 2, 3...kick out."

I think dd2 tried to corkscrew her way out. I swear if felt like the was turning, like you would turn a screw.

My midwife said that labor can start when baby "hits" the cervix which can release oxytocin(?..very long convo, I hope I have that right) which gets labor going.

So, yeah, it sounds plausible for the baby to be kicking to get its head down to start labor. that or baby is trying out kick boxing. :

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#25 of 243 Old 03-31-2007, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
*laughs* I am getting a vision of baby going "O.k., on three, 1, 2, 3...kick out."

I think dd2 tried to corkscrew her way out. I swear if felt like the was turning, like you would turn a screw.

My midwife said that labor can start when baby "hits" the cervix which can release oxytocin(?..very long convo, I hope I have that right) which gets labor going.

So, yeah, it sounds plausible for the baby to be kicking to get its head down to start labor. that or baby is trying out kick boxing. :
Thanks. I'm hoping the cervix gets hit pretty darn soon...

Kristi

#26 of 243 Old 03-31-2007, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

My 2nd baby kicked his way out. He was born with his fist up by his face, and the midwife worked his hand out so I wouldn't tear. With his head stuck at crowning for that long wasn't the painful part... it was his huge kicks in my ribs trying to push himself out the rest of the way that hurt.

Sounds like you're making progress!

#27 of 243 Old 04-05-2007, 05:17 PM

So, I'm 40W6D today. I'm sick of not knowing what's going on. I don't know what these sensations I'm feeling are. Maybe contrax, maybe nothing at all. It's frustrating!

My midwife is trying to talk my into getting my membranes stripped net week. I don't know how I feel about that. She's also preparing me to lie to the Drs. if and when I hit 42 weeks and I "have" to go in for a stress test and/or induction. I'll fake my own death and vanish into the mountains before I do in for any of those idiodic tests. Blah.

My midwife is also trying to prepare me for the chance that I might not be able to get the baby out how I want to. She's afraid that in a pool she won't be able to get her hands in there... She thinks she's going to have the chance. She's also predicting that since I'm not singing with delight everytime she tries to shove her hands up into my cervix that I might not be able psychologically to open my legs and let the baby come out, which will injure him/her. Of course this all had to be said while DH is in the room (the 2nd time he's gone to one of my appts.) and now he's panicking again. She thinks she'll have to get me out of the tub and onto the bed and they'll all have to force my legs open to let the baby out dso I don't kill him/her. Great. Thanks for the image.

I think if anything, all my discomfort stems from foreign objects and people entering in my body when they don't belong there. I can't imagine any reason that I won't be able to let my body work and produce a baby when the time is right if I don't have people hovering around, freaking me out and putting things in my vagina. Blah. Very frustrating.

Next time I WILL NOT go to a midwife regularly. If anything I'll go in, get the test I want done and then vanish. The whole reason I wanted a midwife as opposed to a Dr. was so that I could avoid pressure, guilt and fear. I should have listened to my instincts at the begining and just continued my UP. Thank G-d I did it myself for the first 7 months or who knows what I wouldn've been talked into. I've already had a u/s, internal cervical checking- neither of which I wanted. Grrr...

Well, I'm trying to be positive and just hoping this baby comes before my appt. is scheduled next week. If not, I might just "forget to go" so I don't have to be pressured about the membrane stripping. I'm just not sure anymore. A part of me feel like I've been pushed further than I wanted to go anyways, so I might as well let her do it, but another part of me is standing by my long-time belief that babies will come when they're ready. I don't know...

Kristi

#28 of 243 Old 04-05-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~Mama2B~~ View Post
My midwife is also trying to prepare me for the chance that I might not be able to get the baby out how I want to. She's afraid that in a pool she won't be able to get her hands in there... She thinks she's going to have the chance. She's also predicting that since I'm not singing with delight everytime she tries to shove her hands up into my cervix that I might not be able psychologically to open my legs and let the baby come out, which will injure him/her. Of course this all had to be said while DH is in the room (the 2nd time he's gone to one of my appts.) and now he's panicking again. She thinks she'll have to get me out of the tub and onto the bed and they'll all have to force my legs open to let the baby out dso I don't kill him/her. Great. Thanks for the image.
Seriously, tell her to keep it to herself! That is such BS and in the could cause issues on her end in regards to "managing" the birth.

you are right. babies come when THEY want to and getting fresh with your cervix isn't going to tell you when.

Give more**Expect Less
#29 of 243 Old 04-05-2007, 05:57 PM

Mama~ sounds like a lot of unnessecary stress and worry she's shoving on you, not to mention some scare tactics to get you to be a good little patient. "Forgetting" to go to your next appointment might not be a bad idea, especially since you do not plan to have her present during the birth.

I hope you are holding your sweet babe in your arms soon!

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#30 of 243 Old 04-05-2007, 06:09 PM

O WOW!! That midwife really needs to back off! She is totally out of line. I have no doubt in my mind that you will birth your baby just beautifully!! Your body has been honed over thousands of years to do this..

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page