I lost my mucus plug! Update to: please answer now! do you think i am in labor??! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-25-2007, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaRae View Post
Okay, girl. You're having a baby and you're in a forever relationship. Lose some of that modesty. Sure, jump up to pee, but otherwise, just rip the ol' farts and giggle afterwards. That's what we do and the hubster says he only loves me more. LOL!
That's hilarious.

I've farted on him a few times, but since I've been pregnant it's REALLY bad. I mean lots of gas and very stinky. The little noisy, but stink-free farts are good for laughs, but if we both have to sit around smelling the funk for 3-4 minutes it makes it hard to just keep going.

DH and I have some gross bodily fluid type stories. If I didn't think you all would shun me I could tell some wild tales. Poor DH didn't think I could be grosser... :

Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2007, 03:55 PM

So funny! DH is never the initiator in our relationship. The other night he says "why don't you take a shower, your pits are kind of stinky.." Well, I was tired, and I said, "oh, I'm pregnant, I'll just be stinking again in the morning, I just want to go to bed. I take a shower in the morning." Well, then we're in bed and I discover *why* he wanted me to take a shower! So I kept my arms tight to my sides!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaRae View Post
Okay, girl. You're having a baby and you're in a forever relationship. Lose some of that modesty. Sure, jump up to pee, but otherwise, just rip the ol' farts and giggle afterwards. That's what we do and the hubster says he only loves me more. LOL!
Yea....normal farts, maybe. Pregnancy alfalfa-tablet farts......NOW THAT'S the way to clear a room.

No, clear a house!!

Sheesh, the houseplants are wilting!!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bluefish View Post
So funny! DH is never the initiator in our relationship. The other night he says "why don't you take a shower, your pits are kind of stinky.." Well, I was tired, and I said, "oh, I'm pregnant, I'll just be stinking again in the morning, I just want to go to bed. I take a shower in the morning." Well, then we're in bed and I discover *why* he wanted me to take a shower! So I kept my arms tight to my sides!
Ok, that made me laugh hard enough to almost wet myself!
I was told the other day that I smelled like chili!

It actually hurt my feelings a little!!

I mean, I didn't get pregnant all on my own. And, is he forgetting that my sense of smell has increased by about 1000%. So not only are my own smells more offensive but it wouldn't hurt if he'd shower twice a day too!!
:
Old 04-25-2007, 07:34 PM

Chili?! I'm convinced I'm having a girl, because I have a weird "meaty" smell. I remember that smell from dd, but I didn't have it with ds. DH can't smell it, but I do. Weird, huh?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntG View Post
Ok, that made me laugh hard enough to almost wet myself!
I was told the other day that I smelled like chili!

It actually hurt my feelings a little!!

I mean, I didn't get pregnant all on my own. And, is he forgetting that my sense of smell has increased by about 1000%. So not only are my own smells more offensive but it wouldn't hurt if he'd shower twice a day too!!
:
Aww. I feel you. DH tries to be understanding but I know I stink all the time. I have a twice a day regimine for cleaning my "personal" area now that I didn't used to have to have pre-pregnancy. I feel really gross.

DH hasn't said anything really ugly, but he has commented on my clothes. He's tired of me wearing sweat pants!!! I'm so huge at this point, my maternity pants roll under my belly... and don't even get me started on underwear! I've been going commando for weeks! But seriously, how cute can I look when the only shoes that fit are flip flops, the only pants that fit are sweats, I can't reach my legs to shave and 2 hours after taking a shower I reak?? Not to mention the gas, body hair, waddling and grunting to get out of bed. No, I'm not particularly sexy now. I don't like it anymore that DH does!

Grrr...: Now I'll have to give him a dirty look when he comes home...

Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
Old 04-25-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Yea....normal farts, maybe. Pregnancy alfalfa-tablet farts......NOW THAT'S the way to clear a room.

No, clear a house!!

Sheesh, the houseplants are wilting!!
THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one... Pre-preg farts were cute (well, cute for farts) and not really stinky. Now they're loud, long and TERRIBLE smelling. They make me sick and usually I don't mind my own brand, if you know what I mean.

Why is that? Why does pregnancy make you stink? Too weird...

Kristi

Old 04-25-2007, 09:54 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You ladies are killin' me here!

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
Old 04-26-2007, 12:40 AM

Oh wow! How did we get this started! I haven't laughed this hard all day!

We're busy talking about farts and pits and hair we can't reach anymore (and I had to have help getting my shoes on today, thanks!) and somewhere out there jes is trying, hoping to give birth...maybe...sorta....soon...well, are you?

Oh! I remember how it got started! Go have sex! Right!
Old 04-26-2007, 05:20 AM

Oh man! If I needed a reminder to keep my eggs to myself, it was this thread! I hate end pregnancy and all it's 'glory'!!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 12:47 PM

I did find some undies that are really comfy, soft and alot of stretch - Plus sized cotton undies from "Just My Size" - I went 2 sizes up from what I was wearing. Of course, I don't think I would buy new undies if I had a baby's head between my legs,but if anyone else is having trouble finding something they like, check them out.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:40 PM

Poor Jes... We hijaked the thread. Well, hopefully she found it amusing.

Kristi

Old 04-26-2007, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Oh wow! How did we get this started! I haven't laughed this hard all day!

We're busy talking about farts and pits and hair we can't reach anymore (and I had to have help getting my shoes on today, thanks!) and somewhere out there jes is trying, hoping to give birth...maybe...sorta....soon...well, are you?

Oh! I remember how it got started! Go have sex! Right!
LOL!!! I am cracking up at what this thread turned into!! But yeah, I have been feeling really crampy constantly, and guess what!?!?! I lost my mucus plug!! woohoo I was peeing and I heard a "plop!" I was like, "Eek! What just fell out of my vagina?!" And it was a quarter-sized big lump of mucus. I was so excited I got Brandon to come admire it haha. But I don't think it was the entire thing, 'cause now whenever I wipe there is mucus.

It must have got loose from sex a little while beforehand and then DP checking my dilation. BTW; he was clueless lol I kept trying to explain what he was looking for and he was freaking me out. First of all, it was kind of uncomfortable, and then he said that he could feel the baby's head! I was like, "Are you sure?!!? If you do then I am dilated, at least a little bit!" Finally though he said that he "thought" he was feeling it through a layer of skin. *sigh*

Being pregnant is such a new and weird experience for me.....
Old 04-26-2007, 05:11 PM

Woooo! Admiring the plopper stopper, eh? Hmm, I wonder if he's in the mood for sex now!

Good luck Jes!!
Old 04-26-2007, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Actually DP's been pretty good about not being grossed out! I thought he wouldn't want to check my dilation but he didn't care. LOL I even asked him if he would be grossed out if I pooped during labor and he said something like no, its normal. sup
Old 04-26-2007, 05:49 PM

lol.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:57 PM

Congrats!
Old 04-26-2007, 06:01 PM

Congrats! I hope this mean laor is soon to follow, but you can never tell. I've been losing bits of my plug for about a week now, with no signs of real labor. I lost a huge blob after sex and it's been coming out bit by bit ever since. This is one of the first signs of labor, but it could be anywhere from minutes to weeks before the baby comes.

Good luck!

Kristi

Old 04-27-2007, 02:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So now that you've lost your plug, do you want me to start your cheerleading thread? Sorry, I just love those things.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

Old 04-27-2007, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

sure MamaRabbit! sounds like fun! i love beiing cheered!
Old 04-27-2007, 06:14 PM

how is it going?

User Tag List