I lost my mucus plug! Update to: please answer now! do you think i am in labor??! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-23-2007, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think that I might be, but being that this is my first child and a UC, I really am not sure!

Ok, here is how I feel: My uterus feels really tight and cramped; i am in pain but for now it is totally tolerable. I do have a worse pain intermittently, but I don't know if it is a contraction cause I don't feel my uterus tighten up during the pain any more than it already is. I also have a dull pain/ache in my middle lower back(different than ever before) and feel a lot of pressure on my butt when I am standing( like I have to poop but I tried to a couple times and I don't.)

I am in a warm bath now and my stomach feels a lot better than standing up but my back still hurts.

Also, could sex cause a reaction like this?? I had sex a little while before this started. Or is this just pre-labor or something I have no clue about?!?......

Lol I am excited if it is but nervous!!!!!

Thank you all for answering!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2007, 12:18 AM

If you want a UC, check into labor and out of your head. No wondering, no timing, no qualiflying contractions from one to the other.

but, possibly labor..you just sound suspiciously excited and coherent IMO

Blessings and good luck.

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09
Old 04-23-2007, 12:20 AM

are you typing in the tub?
relax........
breathe - it will come......
Old 04-23-2007, 12:20 AM

Sounds like this could be it! Personally, I didn't have much back labor, but I did feel a tightening in my lower belly that was different than anything I'd ever felt. It was not really painful but not really comfortable either. I also took 2 warm baths in the early stages of my labor. It just felt relaxing. And the poop feeling.. sounds like labor. I bet it won't be long till you meet your baby

::
Old 04-23-2007, 01:02 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Yeah, I was typing in the tub but I just got out because I thought that some amniotic fluid had come out and I want to see if it keeps leaking so I will know if my water broke. Lol this is weird, I have been waiting so impatiently for birth and my sweet baby that I can't believe that this might be it. It hurts though!! Definitely different than anything before even if it is not real labor!!
Old 04-23-2007, 02:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Could be... want me to start your cheerleading thread?

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

Old 04-23-2007, 02:43 AM

How exciting!
Have you got anyone there who could perhaps check your dialation progress?
Did you happen to notice the loss of a mucus plug?
Are the pains coming and going or just there all the time?
Is baby's head engaged?

And congrats!
Old 04-23-2007, 03:03 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

I don't know about the cheerleading thread yet.... But I guess I will soon. Could just be false labor sooo.......

No, DP wouldn't have a clue about dilation. And no to the mucus. Well, some of the pain stays but then every few minutes it get like....sharp-feeling or something for a minute. The babe is head down.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:41 AM

So - hows it going?
Old 04-23-2007, 10:52 AM

Yes, I would love to hear an update.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Well, its going ok. I didn't have baby yet but something was going on with my body and I feel different. About 10x more uncomfortable than before! I hope that means its coming soon cause I am having a HARD time getting around! My whole body is sore from all that cramping(about 5 hours of it then mild pain till now). I feel crippled cause I have to hold onto stuff whenever I move or do anything. Has this happened to any of you? Does it just happen sometimes to prepare your body? Does it mean anything? Thanks mamas!!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

P.S. I still feel crampy and everything else I felt just not so bad- its worse when I walk.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:12 PM

Happy birthing!! I'll be looking for the news sometime and I'm jealous of the computer in the bath

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09
Old 04-23-2007, 01:32 PM

Like Rockies5 said, try to stop thinking about it. Thinking-type activity will undermine the process. Just try to be with it, be okay with it happening for how ever long, and let it happen. But yes, the baby could be coming soon. Or not. Unfortunately, as long as the labor is of a quality that you're still able to post here it's going to be impossible to say how close you are. What you do know is that your body is in the process.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:12 PM

turn the lights off and get into it mama.......
Old 04-23-2007, 06:11 PM

I've been having DH check for dilation. He's kind grossed out by it, but he's able to do it without much trouble. If you're interested in getting your DP to check you, lie on your back with your butt propped up with pillows. Have DP put on a latex glove or scrub his hand really well, then put some lube on his fingers. Have him put 1-2 fingers as far back as he can go and check how much room is there. If you're not dilated be should feel a hard hole that he can't fit a finger into. If he can fit one finger it's about 1-2 cms dilated. If he can fit two fingers and open them wide to form a V-shape you're fully dilated. Also, he might be able to touch the baby's head (or butt, depending on what's down there), which would be awesome!

Keep us posted!

Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
Old 04-23-2007, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Thanks mama2be!!! I think I'll have him try it when he gets off work! It'll prolly freak him out too but oh well.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jes_mar_wak_hod View Post
Thanks mama2be!!! I think I'll have him try it when he gets off work! It'll prolly freak him out too but oh well.
I laughed about it with DH because for once the tables are turned... Now I'm the one begging HIM to stick his hands in there and HE's the one who isn't really interested.

Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
Old 04-23-2007, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

lol kristi for real! today my dp said, "we should have sex again tonight!" and tried to pretend for a minute that the only reason he wanted to was to make the baby come sooner. i was like, "ummmm.... I don't think I want tonight to be like last night!" besides, I'm only 37 weeks, no reason to try to speed things up really! he was disappointed but, who knows, maybe I'll surprise him. Sex has gotten a bit uncomfortable though, even me on top makes my belly feel really uncomfortable.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:04 PM

Aw, you should have mercy on your dhs! It's not like the state of your cervix means anything really.

Jes, from behind? Spooning?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Yeah, spooning is completely comfortable, I just like on top! : Sex without it just isn't the same!
Old 04-23-2007, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jes_mar_wak_hod View Post
lol kristi for real! today my dp said, "we should have sex again tonight!" and tried to pretend for a minute that the only reason he wanted to was to make the baby come sooner. i was like, "ummmm.... I don't think I want tonight to be like last night!" besides, I'm only 37 weeks, no reason to try to speed things up really! he was disappointed but, who knows, maybe I'll surprise him. Sex has gotten a bit uncomfortable though, even me on top makes my belly feel really uncomfortable.
Yeah, DH tries to act like he's just trying to help ripen my cervix... I told him the other night that all I really needed was his semen, so if he wanted to help he could just "get himself ready" and give me that and not worry about prolonging the sex part. That didn't thrill him much.

There is no comfortable position at this point. My back and legs have been KILLING me, so it's impossible to get comfortable. Plus, (probably TMI) the pressure of sex makes me have to pee and fart... Talk about a mood killer! I either have to get up part way thru and pee or I have to stop him every few minutes and close my legs so I don't fart.

Man, I can't wait to have my body back to myself. I'm so gross right now, it isn't even funny! Along with the gas, constant trips to the bathroom and weight gain, my feet are swollen up like balloons and my hormones are making my body so weird. I'm getting hair in weird places (like my face) and sweating more. I gross myself out. :

Kristi

Old 04-23-2007, 10:39 PM

LOL, you gals are cracking me up! I never got the sex thing either - I felt like a beached whale by the time I got close to labor. The last thing I wanted was sex. And when we tried, I was so swollen and huge, I could barely feel him! I was like - just hurry up, I don't want to do this!
Old 04-24-2007, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~Mama2B~~ View Post
Yeah, DH tries to act like he's just trying to help ripen my cervix... I told him the other night that all I really needed was his semen, so if he wanted to help he could just "get himself ready" and give me that and not worry about prolonging the sex part. That didn't thrill him much.

There is no comfortable position at this point. My back and legs have been KILLING me, so it's impossible to get comfortable. Plus, (probably TMI) the pressure of sex makes me have to pee and fart... Talk about a mood killer! I either have to get up part way thru and pee or I have to stop him every few minutes and close my legs so I don't fart.

Man, I can't wait to have my body back to myself. I'm so gross right now, it isn't even funny! Along with the gas, constant trips to the bathroom and weight gain, my feet are swollen up like balloons and my hormones are making my body so weird. I'm getting hair in weird places (like my face) and sweating more. I gross myself out. :

Kristi
This post is great! Hilarious! I feel for you Mama, but I can't help chuckling over this post, too. Sorry!
Old 04-24-2007, 09:57 AM

hEy this is making me think of something that happened to me before, where sex caused me extreme cramping and pain for several hours. It was a huge bummer because I was on vacation too.

BUT (TMI warning) here's what happened.

I was slightly constipated on this trip. It'd been a couple days since a movement. After sex one evening, I went to get up and collapsed back in bed in pain. There was tremendous pressure and pain in my butt and in my vagina. The first thought that went through my head was that he had some how broken my cervix! LOL!. I had horrible pms like cramps -- especially in my lower back. Walking made everything feel so much worse.

In the end we decided that the sex further compacted my poop, painfully, and that my colond had some kind of freeze up/cramp. I made myself keep moving, somehow it loosened up and several hour later I was able to poo and felt immediate relief.

:
Old 04-24-2007, 01:39 PM

Haha. I think pregnancy is our body's way of keeping our DP/DHs away from us for awhile after we give birth. I know that DH has been asking less and less the grosser I get and I don't think he'll be lurking around the bed anytime soon after the birth either.

It's funny, but since he's been gloving up, lubing up and doing cervical checks on me (with mucous plug coming out, to boot) I asked him if he was ever going to be able to sleep with me again. He EVENTUALLY said yes, but it was more like a "What choice to I have?" kind of yes... Sheesh.

Kristi

Old 04-24-2007, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Haha. I think pregnancy is our body's way of keeping our DP/DHs away from us for awhile after we give birth. I know that DH has been asking less and less the grosser I get and I don't think he'll be lurking around the bed anytime soon after the birth either.

It's funny, but since he's been gloving up, lubing up and doing cervical checks on me (with mucous plug coming out, to boot) I asked him if he was ever going to be able to sleep with me again. He EVENTUALLY said yes, but it was more like a "What choice to I have?" kind of yes... Sheesh.

Kristi
My Dh was like that too Kristi! I kept trying to get him to check my dilation when I was at 42 weeks with my 2nd dc and I could never convince him! He was like, NO way. Your DH is a trooper!!

Jes -- Make sure you are very well hydrated. Drink lots of water. I know I got dehydrated with my 2nd baby at the end and it did weird things to me -- cramping & stuff like that.

GL!!

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
Old 04-25-2007, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Yeah, I really do need to be drinking more water!! : LOL I am always in awe of thise ppl who guzzle down like a gallon a day.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Plus, (probably TMI) the pressure of sex makes me have to pee and fart... Talk about a mood killer! I either have to get up part way thru and pee or I have to stop him every few minutes and close my legs so I don't fart.
Okay, girl. You're having a baby and you're in a forever relationship. Lose some of that modesty. Sure, jump up to pee, but otherwise, just rip the ol' farts and giggle afterwards. That's what we do and the hubster says he only loves me more. LOL!

Almost a b-ball team: : Taylor -14, Alex -11, Jack -8, Lachlan born at home 11/15/07
"Well behaved women rarely make history"
Old 04-25-2007, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaRae View Post
Okay, girl. You're having a baby and you're in a forever relationship. Lose some of that modesty. Sure, jump up to pee, but otherwise, just rip the ol' farts and giggle afterwards. That's what we do and the hubster says he only loves me more. LOL!

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .

User Tag List