Herbs to help complete a miscarriage? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-26-2007, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know this doesn't belong here really but I lurk here alot and I know there's alot of wise mamas here

I need some guidance in herbs to help complete a miscarriage on my own. I've been bleeding on/off for 5 weeks and recently had cramping but no bleeding so I'm pretty sure there more in there. I got some great advice so far of:

Lobelia tincture
False Unicorn Root tincture
Blue Cohosh tincture
Black Cohosh tincture

Is there anyone who's used these herbs to miscarry? I'm looking for those who've used herbs sucessfully. I also had read about using St John's, Skullcap & another I can't remember to help relax during this time as I've have extremely intense ctx.

I think I'd like to stay with tintures. Please tell me what to get? I have Wise Woman For Childbearing Years but unfortunately there's almost no info about what to use to help miscarry.

Also where do you get these?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. And thanks for letting me post here

Tina - mama to DD1 10.75yrs, DD2 6yrs, DD3 2.5 yrs & baby due in June 2015 and wifey to DH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2007, 05:17 PM

I will mention up front, that I think the mama should be SURE she is having a loss. I have known women to bleed HARD and still be safely pregnant.

I would use shepherd's purse, blue and black cohosh and NOT the lobelia, personally. It can make things drag on for some people. Use the above 3 with some skullcap or valerian to help ease the anxiety they can produce.

Her basic recipe in the back of WWHCBY is pretty useful, even though it is only one. It is titled something like completing a miscarriage. I've used it before, though it didn't work with my recent blighted ovum (in hindsight, those don't react like a missed m/c or other loss).

I get them at the local health food store in the bulk herbal section but for the blue cohosh I had to order online. The 2 online herb places I generally use are Mountain Rose Herbs (there's a buying co-op here on mdc for them) and Stony Mountain Botanicals.

I'm sorry for your loss! I hope things pass soon so you aren't in limbo anymore.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info NatureMama3

Tina - mama to DD1 10.75yrs, DD2 6yrs, DD3 2.5 yrs & baby due in June 2015 and wifey to DH.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:16 PM

Tina, did you get my PM yesterday????

Greenlee's Forest *intentional jewelry* a secret Journal locket!
Me My Blog Mama to 7 babes & four spirit babies
Old 04-27-2007, 04:29 PM

We lost a pregnancy at 6w4d. I found out at 8w4d weeks embryo had stopped growing.

I took
1000mg of Vit C every hour all day until bedtime everyday
and
put a parsley sprig inserted vaginally (1 for 12 hours, get new one)
and
made a drink of 2 cups of boiling water over 1 cup parsley, seaped and cool.......drink 2 -4 tablespoons every hour

I did this for 3 days, at the beginning of day 4 I started my miscarriage and it was complete. Lasted 7 days with normal amount of bleeding and clots.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:35 PM

Chasteberry was helpful to me when I miscarried last summer. I don't know that
it helped me complete it faster (it took about 6wks,) but I do think it helped out with the hormonal rollercoaster.

I'm sorry

homeschool.gif mom to dd (11) read.gifand dd (9) crochetsmilie.gif and ds (3) bikenew.gif and  dog2.gif(x2)
Old 04-27-2007, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama in the forest View Post
Tina, did you get my PM yesterday????

Yes...so sorry...I meant to do it earlier Thanks so much

Old 04-27-2007, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks mamas Ooooh I have chasteberry on hand now. I'll start using it again. Thanks for the reminder. Aaaahhhh I had used 6000 mg of vitamin C but wasn't using it every hour. I also tried parsley but only 1 x a day for 2 days.

I had been bleeding on/off for 4 weeks. Had a week of nothing this week and thought the mc was done. I had intense cramping on Wed so that was why I thought there must be more but no bleeding still...so I think my uterus is tired for now anyways.

Hoping the 1st AF brings the rest out.

Thanks again everyone

Old 04-27-2007, 05:06 PM

I hope you get relief soon.

I did my best to avoid a D&C.

Hugs
Old 04-27-2007, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
False Unicorn Root tincture is more for prevention not continuation of a miscarriage
the other 3 would be fine
my preference runs more toward cotton root bark tincture - produces contractions and yarrow- stems bleeding /prevents hemorrhage

User Tag List