Jes_Mar_Wak_Hod UC Cheerleading thread! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 39 Old 04-27-2007, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's not too late for this thread, is it? I saw that Mommarabbit was going to start one but I figured I would do it now just in case she didn't make it back in time to do it.

I'm over here in my cheerleading outfit, just as cute as can be. Yeah, riiiight!
Okay, I am over here wishing I could still fit into a cheerleading outfit, but I am cheering for you just the same!

It's almost time to break out the birthday party hats and streamers! I know I am a stranger to you, but I'm thinking of you today anyways! Wishing you lots of happy and healthy birthing vibes. Go mama go!

Hey you! Baby birthin' fans!
Stand up and clap ya hands!
No time to screech and moan
Jes, Jes, bring that baby home!
Two four, six eight
Show em' how to procreate!

Yaaaay baby! :
#2 of 39 Old 04-27-2007, 07:48 PM
Banned

yay! my cheerleading thread is started! i feel so supported and loved!
#3 of 39 Old 04-27-2007, 07:49 PM

Reminds me of that Friend's episode....

Pushem out, pushem out, waaaaay out!!!! With the clueless Joey.

Here are some strong mama and gentle labor vibes.....

#4 of 39 Old 04-28-2007, 01:42 AM

I'm cheering too!

::
#5 of 39 Old 04-28-2007, 02:29 AM

Way! GO birthing mama!!

Ok, I was never a cheerleader so you gotta give me a little strech room, lol!

If you need some insprirational birthing music, may I suggest "Push It" by Salt-n-Peppa? What could be better, lol!!

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#6 of 39 Old 04-28-2007, 04:55 AM

: I thinking the dancing broccoli is about as close to a cheerleader as I can get

So, how are things moving along now??

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#7 of 39 Old 04-28-2007, 06:18 AM

Wishing you a wonderful unhindered, free and totally Joyous birth.

May your cervix stretch effortlessly, and your baby slide down through your body with simplistic ease.
#8 of 39 Old 04-28-2007, 11:31 AM

Go mama! And tell everyone to step aside -- this one's gonna just shoot right out!!

:
#9 of 39 Old 04-28-2007, 02:36 PM

Go, Mama, Go!!!

OK, I was never a cheerleader either but I'm sending wonderful birth vibes your way!!!
#10 of 39 Old 04-29-2007, 01:04 AM
Banned

oh, i'm doing ok. just constantly crampy feeling and wondering if labor will ever start for real!! I'm : of being pregnant lol. my body definitely feels like it is preparing tho. *sigh*...it will be just my luck if i go thru this for weeks.

oww.....i just got up for a midnight snack...and on the way back to bed the popcorn bag hit and burnt my nipple!! :
#11 of 39 Old 04-29-2007, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jes_mar_wak_hod View Post
oh, i'm doing ok. just constantly crampy feeling and wondering if labor will ever start for real!! I'm : of being pregnant lol. my body definitely feels like it is preparing tho. *sigh*...it will be just my luck if i go thru this for weeks.

oww.....i just got up for a midnight snack...and on the way back to bed the popcorn bag hit and burnt my nipple!! :
At least she still has her sense of humor

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09
#12 of 39 Old 04-29-2007, 11:37 AM

Yea...but will she once that babe gets hold of that burnt nipple!?!?!?!
#13 of 39 Old 04-29-2007, 09:02 PM

You are all hilarious! Happy birthing mama! Can't wait to hear how it goes. Lot of love coming your way...
#14 of 39 Old 05-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Banned

Sooo..... yesterday was a tiring day! I had about 7 hours of painful contractions, and the first 4 hours were really regular, with contractions coming about every 3 minutes and lasting about 40 seconds! I thought that it might finally be it! But nooo... *sigh* They weren't horrible but enough to make me moan and "yelp" when it was esp. painful lol. The breaks btwn. were nice tho, I can understand now what women say about it not being painful btwn. contractions and "being able to do anything for a minute." But man, I was disappointed, I was hoping to be cuddling my little angel today! Oh well, she will come when she is ready.
#15 of 39 Old 05-02-2007, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jes_mar_wak_hod View Post
Sooo..... yesterday was a tiring day! I had about 7 hours of painful contractions, and the first 4 hours were really regular, with contractions coming about every 3 minutes and lasting about 40 seconds! I thought that it might finally be it! But nooo... *sigh* They weren't horrible but enough to make me moan and "yelp" when it was esp. painful lol. The breaks btwn. were nice tho, I can understand now what women say about it not being painful btwn. contractions and "being able to do anything for a minute." But man, I was disappointed, I was hoping to be cuddling my little angel today! Oh well, she will come when she is ready.
I was wondering how things were going for you! And I meant to mention before, I absolutely LOVELOVELOVE the name you have picked out for your baby! It's soooooo pretty!

Sprat sleepytime.gif, Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig reading.gif, the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, and now Sprout fly-by-nursing1.gif walking, talking, how on earth is she this big?! Rainbow.gif on earth.gif begins with homebirth.jpg.

#16 of 39 Old 05-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Banned

Thanks! I love it too!!
#17 of 39 Old 05-02-2007, 11:26 PM

hang in there mama! you are doing awesome!
#18 of 39 Old 05-02-2007, 11:35 PM

Sounds like something's happening down there!

#19 of 39 Old 05-03-2007, 05:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by feminine_earth View Post
I was wondering how things were going for you! And I meant to mention before, I absolutely LOVELOVELOVE the name you have picked out for your baby! It's soooooo pretty!
What name? I wanna know the pretty name toooo!

Jes, shall we start making arrangements to have nursery items brought in to your womb? You better not still be pregnant a month from now, missy! I don't think the birth story junkies around here could handle it so soon after Mama2b. *cough* Not that I am one of those *twitch* birth junkie types, or anything.
#20 of 39 Old 05-03-2007, 08:03 AM

Yeah right Arriotty, lets just join the birth addicts anonymous. We can do the program together

#21 of 39 Old 05-03-2007, 09:18 AM

Deleted as requested.

Sprat sleepytime.gif, Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig reading.gif, the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, and now Sprout fly-by-nursing1.gif walking, talking, how on earth is she this big?! Rainbow.gif on earth.gif begins with homebirth.jpg.

#22 of 39 Old 05-04-2007, 02:17 PM

Yes, please don't try to break my record for the longest pregnancy this month! Hopefully your little one will make a break for it soon! I can't wait to hear about it!

Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
#23 of 39 Old 05-06-2007, 01:37 AM

Any news??

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
#24 of 39 Old 05-06-2007, 01:36 PM

I just lurk here, but I was wondering about her too! Can't wait to hear something....

knit.gifMama to reading.gif  and  babygirl.gif
#25 of 39 Old 05-07-2007, 02:05 AM
Banned

no, no news yet. *sigh* i am getting soooo impatient! and the funny thing is. i just recalculated the "due date" and i am due even earlier than i thought. like around the 12th, not the 20th! it was some site where not only do you enter your LMP but the luteal phase and something else. i forget what doctors use to calculate? which would be more correct? i assume the one i just did since it had 3 questions instead of just one.....

lol even my dp is getting super antsy, always asking me if i am "having contractions yet."

my boobs are leaking like crazy! i swear! drip, drip, drip. and i don't feel like putting on a bra and nursing pad. i haven't got cloth ones yet and those ucky disposables itch like CRAZY! : i keep telling my boobs, "hey, calm down, you haven't got a baby to feed YET!" lol

i was talking to story earlier this evening too. i was all, "hey baby story, i'm ready for you to come! i've got you pretty cloth diapers, and mommy milk, and clothes, and lots of cuddles." "love lol just letting her know that any time she's ready to come i am!

i'm kinda feeling sucky though too. apparently yesterday was national Bug Jessica About Her Unassisted Homebirth Day. UGH. my grandma was SO FREAKING rude and condescending. its funny how ppl essentially say you are stupid for UC yet go on about how bad their hospital birth was! : do they hear themselves? her level of ignorance was phenomenal. and she actually said that she hopes my dp calls the ambulance on me when i go into labor! and that if i don't go to the hospital, he should just leave me while i birth! agghhh!!!!! and my dad called too...... as if i care that they "want me to go to a hospital." it is MY BIRTH! and he tried to convince me by saying my mom had complications with all of us kids.
me: what complications?
him: "uh.. you came out so fast that she ripped."
me: (thinking ummm ok, major complication! ) "anything else?"
him: "your mom has some cousins that were breech!"

i think that 4 kids, one rip is not that bad!! haha. but why must my family be so rude and negative? and those are mild words for my grandmother..... :

so guys!!! i need some encouraging words and vibes! : 9 months and the negativity is starting to get to me! and i'm getting nervous... soo scared that i will have to go to the hospital, scared that the baby will come out dead or won't start breathing.

well, i have cooed and ranted enough now, i guess i will go!
#26 of 39 Old 05-07-2007, 08:13 AM

Hey mama! It is sooooo hard to wait...but also so nice when you have a big, healthy baby! I hope that provides some encouragement! DD2 was born at 42 weeks, and just superbly healthy, she was smiling at 12 days old (now isn't THAT encouragement)! And lifting her head up from birth, etc, etc.

Family is tough...can you just stop talking to them for a bit? Turn off the phone and have your DP return calls at the end of the day or something? Screen calls? I know it's hard when everyone has their fears (which, since they relate to BIRTH and not UNASSISTED birth would probably be coming out now even if you had a birth attendant) and starts projecting them onto you...maybe just try to avoid them as much as possible? I know, easier said than done

Good luck, happy birthing, it'll come soon! Sounds like your body is all ready!
#27 of 39 Old 05-07-2007, 10:16 AM

So sorry your family is doing that to you. I'd start screening calls also.

Would your DP actually call an ambulance on you? Or is he giving you the control in that area?

"And you know what, dad, ripping is NORMAL. Would you like for me to go into great detail what I'd do about it?"

Just keep doing what you're doing. Positive thoughts, communicating with baby, etc.

#28 of 39 Old 05-07-2007, 06:16 PM

It's so hard to wait, even when you don't go over much (40 weeks 4 days here and my head was about to explode). My cousin emailed me to tell me she is SO done being pregnant and I sense an induction coming very soon. She wants to give birth by Wednesday.....she's 38 weeks today. : Rest comfortable in the knowledge that you are choosing the best birth possible for your sweet baby girl!
#29 of 39 Old 05-07-2007, 06:26 PM

Here is the EDD calculator that I use. Maybe trry that out.

As for family......tell them to be quiet. When I was pregnant with DD1 I got sooo many phone calls from my "concerned" brother and I finally resorted to assine responses. He'd ask, "Well what are yo going to do with the palcenta?" and I'd say, "the iron and protein will be great for the dog." He eventually got the hint and dropped it. Other family members I just made birth a nontopic for them. By the time I had DD they weren't sure what was going on because of my slightly hostile/ornery nature about their dumb comments.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#30 of 39 Old 05-13-2007, 12:14 AM

Any news/updates?

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page