we're preggers!! (& UC vs. hands-off midwife) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-08-2007, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ten months ago, dh and i had a lovely UC with ds, and now we're looking forward to another in winter!

i'm so excited and so nervous. for some reason, i feel like i've forgotten everything ... guess because i haven't been researching like crazy. anyway, i've got plenty of time to prepare.

we've been thinking a/b hiring a "hands-off" midwife, just in case. we ended up taking ds to the hospital after the birth (his face was blue ... turns out it was just bruising -- a lot of bruising -- b/c his head's so big. bless his heart, he takes after his daddy ), it was AWFUL and they obviously treated him differently b/c he was born at home. they kept him under an oxygen thingy and wouldn't let him sleep with me for 2days. i know it interfered with our bonding and want to avoid the hospital at all costs this time. soooo ... who has experience and suggestions with UC vs. hands-off midwife? ...

i know i have plenty of time to decide, but i'm already in baby mind mode. hehe ... yay ! !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2007, 04:15 PM

Congratulations! I wonder if you could just find a midwife who would be willing to do a post partum exam? I don't think you would want a midwife there if you liked your previous UC.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bluefish View Post
Congratulations! I wonder if you could just find a midwife who would be willing to do a post partum exam? I don't think you would want a midwife there if you liked your previous UC.
Agreed- we have awesome UC friendly midwives around here and they're available to me following my birth if I feel like I need anything checked out (re: tears or concerns about the baby).

I bake, therefore I am.

User Tag List