I'm Pregnant!!! Update post #77 - Page 12 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#331 of 336 Old 07-10-2007, 01:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherMother'n'Madre View Post
There are two different women in this thread that were on similar paths. The OP's update is she is pregnant. The other woman's update is the one that is not pregnant.
Thank you!!! Went right over my head!:

Melissa loving my DH and DD(4yr)hearts.gif Most likely in my garden. Two angel.gif that I'll remember forever. My baby is here!!! Ethan Matthew came at 42 weeks on 5/19/10 9.10 lbs hbac.gif
#332 of 336 Old 07-10-2007, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

Geeze, 3 pages in one day! Holy moly.

So, I'm going to try charting for at least a month. Then I should know if I am pregnant, or if I'm not, and if I'm ovulating or not. The fetoscope should be here this week, too. I'm still feeling kicks regularly and not much else has changed. Oh, a note on the dark facial hair, though. : I use one of these Finishing Touch hair removal things. It's at least 3 years old and I evidently need a new one. The bathroom was taken, so I used another mirror in the house (with better lighting) and realized it wasn't really working. : So, I am not having excess dark facial hair. To whoever was asking about how my dh and dd are all excited and what will happen if I'm not pg, we haven't told dd anything (although she does kiss my belly and say baby sometimes since SIL was preg. and that's what we did) and dh is taking a wait and see attitude, just like I am. Since I've been researching UC for a while, I have a list of all the "essentials". I have everything on the list except the herbs and a birthpool and the hose and attachments. The fetoscope was on my list, so I went ahead and bought it. So, if I'm pg, I'm set and if not, I'm still set.
I'm not "due" for a pap smear/ women's exam until October. I had one in '05 that was normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiMami
So Codi's Mom, if Sept/October roll around and there is no baby, will you go and see someone about all these symptoms?
Maybe, or I'll just assume I wasn't pregnant after all and go about my way. Or, maybe I'll find something out at the women's exam in October.

Aww, to townmouse. Sorry you're going to need surgery. I hope all goes well for you!

OtherMother'n'Madre for post #296 and #306 you said it much better than I could have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletbegonias19
Even in the year 2007 there are people who still believe the Earth is flat. NO JOKE. check out theflatearthsociety (sp?)
Haha! dh said something about the Earth being flat a few months ago. I gently corrected him, but he looked like he didn't believe me that it was round. He didn't pay much attention in school!

Jessika, wife to Turbo, mommy to Codi (12/04), Kayce (8/08), Colten (10/10), and a new little stork-suprise.gif coming 12/13 .

#333 of 336 Old 07-10-2007, 10:01 AM

You know, my mom had a cyst that was so big she looked 7 months pregnant. Her doctor told her it was likely cancer and if he had been right, she'd be dead by now because she let it go so long. If she hadn't already passed menopause, she definitely would have thought she must have been pregnant.

It's been 2 years since your last exam. Lots can happen in that time, including tumors that can grow big. If your abdomen is growing and you aren't 100% that you are pregnant, then there could be something else in there growing that can kill you before October even gets here. Getting an ultrasound just once to be sure it's a baby and not something else will not disrupt your plans for an UC. Personally, I think you owe it to your family to make sure you are healthy.
#334 of 336 Old 07-10-2007, 10:21 AM

I just want to reply to the posters who have suggested that since this is the UC/UP forum that anyone who has any suggestions that promote medical care are out of line. Let me compare- I am a lactavist and I really feel strongly about breastfeeding and its benefits to both mother and child. If a woman was posting in the Breastfeeding forum that she was having serious supply issues, the baby was losing weight or having other complications due to her producing abilities, it would be *irresponsible* to not suggest supplementing with formula for the good of the baby. I wouldn't expect her to go to a Formula support forum if she was committed to breastfeeding and I would hope that even the strongest lactavist proponents in the world would recognize that there is a place for formula supplementation in certain circumstances and give the appropriate advice, even in a breastfeeding forum.

This is the same way with this forum. There are genuine issues that crop up during pregnancy that require medical assistance. It seems to me that even if you are the biggest proponent for UP/UC that you would recognize this and give appropriate advice to a fellow UPer who is experiencing an unusual pregnancy with possibly dangerous symptoms.

I don't know the OP and I sincerely wish her the best. Do I personally think her wait and see attitude is irresponsible? Yes. Do I respect that she has a right to handle her own body and care any way she sees fit? Yes. But I do not think it is out of line for anyone to respond to her that they think her course of action is irresponsible and that based on what she has posted she should have a basic exam to verify if she is even pregnant. It would be a real shame if something is seriously wrong with her health or if she is pregnant and has any one of the previously mentioned conditions (placenta previa, for example) and not one person suggested that she may be facing a health situation that is best not treated by herself.

"Hey, I've got nothin' to do today but smile." - S & G
#335 of 336 Old 07-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Banned

the real problem that i have is the continuing assertion that it is irresponsible to refuse the western medical model. i find the assumption that someone refusing the western model is per se irresponsible to be incredibly fallacious, arrogant, and unsupportive.

the western medical model of care is not the only or necessarily best model of care available to an individual. it is not irresponsible to choose another method or perspective of care based on one's own thoughts and experiences. thus, it is fallacious to say that if a woman refuses the medical model, she is irresponsible. she may be, very responsibly, choosing another perspective and model of care.

it is also arrogant to assume that simply because a woman is refusing the western model, she is taking a 'head-in-the-sand' approach to her health. we can not know if the OP takes approach or not. But we also cannot assume that she is taking a head-in-the-sand approach simply because she is refusing the western medical model. It is arrogant to assume that the western model is best, and it is arrogant to assume that anyone who refuses this model is per-se taking a head-in-the-sand approach and therefore irresponsible.

I think that there's nothing wrong with suggesting that a person seek a western medical opinion. But there is something wrong with saying that an individual who chooses to not seek medical attention and those who support her in that decision are irresponsible.

i simply assert that the OP has the right to her decision making processes, her own perspectives of health and appropriate health care, and the right to refuse the medical model of care if she so chooses. i cannot say if she is being negligent (and thereby irresponsible) because i do not have all of the information to say so. I cannot assume that she is these things simply because she currently refuses western medical care. I can assert that perhaps she should seek such care, but if she chooses not to, then I support her free choice.
#336 of 336 Old 07-10-2007, 11:49 AM

At this point, I feel it is best to close the thread to new posts. To the OP, if there are any updates you would like to share with us, please feel free to start a new thread as I know many are following this thread and hoping for a healthy outcome

If anyone would like to start a new thread to discuss points about UC that have been raised here, please feel free to do so. Please remember that the intent of the UC forum is for support and information about topics directly related to UC.

Quote:
MDC serves an online community of parents, families, and parent, child and family advocates considering, learning, practicing, and advocating attachment parenting and natural family living. Our discussions concern the real world of mothering and are first and foremost, for support, information, and community. Mothering invites you to read and participate in the discussions. In doing so we ask that you agree to respect and uphold the integrity of this community. Through your direct or indirect participation here you agree to make a personal effort to maintain a comfortable and respectful atmosphere for our guests and members.
Any concerns or comments, please PM me. Thanks, everyone

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page