I'm Pregnant!!! Update post #77 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 336 Old 06-27-2007, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I finally (2:00) heard from the ob/gyn's office. All my bloodwork was within normal limits, and the preg. blood test was negative!

:

still thinking it over...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 336 Old 06-27-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by townmouse View Post
Well, I finally (2:00) heard from the ob/gyn's office. All my bloodwork was within normal limits, and the preg. blood test was negative!

:

I think I'd definitely find someone who was willing to do an u/s for you, mama. *hugs*

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS
#63 of 336 Old 06-27-2007, 03:19 PM

Yeah, definitely insist on a u/s first.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#64 of 336 Old 06-27-2007, 03:25 PM

thanks for the hug, moonprysm! i'm still sitting here feeling kind of :

I don't want to go back to that ob/gyn. My homebirth midwife moved out of state and I don't know anybody else. Maybe I should ask on FYT; surely somebody in Indianapolis can tell me a name!

I feel weird telling another doctor or midwife or anybody that I've been having periods (sort of), and all the poas and blood tests were negative.
#65 of 336 Old 06-27-2007, 03:44 PM

alright, I'm calming down enough to think clearly

I'm not going back to that ob/gyn. I do not care for her "shoot butterflies with rifles" approach.

I'm going to find a midwife in the area that can help with the ultrasound thing, because I feel like "I" will not believe there's no baby until "I" see an ultrasound. I'll decide what next, after that.

I'll keep you all posted! This has been a very weird experience so far. If I'm not preg. I'm OK with that; I just want to know for sure.
#66 of 336 Old 06-27-2007, 04:50 PM

I had a tumor on my ovary the size of a baseball and all they ever felt the need to do was an u/s. Definately u/s before anything else.
#67 of 336 Old 06-27-2007, 05:29 PM

Definitely check for tumors! My mom had one with my brothers (twins via Depo ). They thought it was a third baby since her hcg levels were insane even for twins. Long story short it was a tumor producing extra HCG. Got it removed and then had my brothers at term.

Man, reading my last two posts here I realized I know a lot of women with funky uterus happenings.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#68 of 336 Old 06-27-2007, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by townmouse View Post

:

I'm sorry the tests didn't anwer your questions. I know I *always* think I "feel pregnant" but let's be practical...no symptoms which are conclusive, all test results are negative, you've been even having your period (said as one who has had periods during the first month of pregnancy), I just don't understand why it's even a "what if" question anymore!

I hope you can get the u/s, or simply let it be unless your symptoms are so much that it could be a medical emergency...why NOT be the lady who wakes up with a baby between her legs?! At some point, you either are or aren't and if no test can prove you are....then what do you do?

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09
#69 of 336 Old 06-27-2007, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies5 View Post
why NOT be the lady who wakes up with a baby between her legs?! At some point, you either are or aren't and if no test can prove you are....then what do you do?
The problem with that approach is that there could be a very serious medical condition that is causing the "pregnancy" like symptons. Just waiting around to see if a baby pops out in a few months is just time delaying possible life saving treatments.

I have to agree with the others-if you are still pretty sure you're pregnant, get an u/s to be 100% sure. Despite all other tests being negative, you'd definetly be able to see a baby at this point. Then you will know to expect a baby or you can procede with other testing for your health.

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

#70 of 336 Old 06-27-2007, 06:38 PM

Hopefully you can find someone in the area that can help you answer your questions via u/s, sooner rather than later.

for both of you...

Mama to 14yo, 9yo, 7yo, and babe born 9/2012
#71 of 336 Old 06-27-2007, 07:40 PM

Well, I'm going to make some dietary modifications and see if this really is incredible, painless "gas." I have celiac disease, and I guess it is possible I'm getting some hidden gluten somewhere. That might cause symptoms funky enough to feel like kicking in a worn-out abdomen!

I checked on my celiac board, and it has happened to other women. Turned out to be weird gas from celiac disease.

So I'm going to go 30 days on an ultra-clean diet and see if the "kicking" stops.

The only other major symptom is the colostrum (seems to be) but I did wean a child within the last 6 months so ?

I'm just not a hypochondriac; I certainly felt pregnant! I'll update y'all after a month on a super-careful diet with no beans or commercial foods and maybe I'll be "cured." Or maybe I'll be very obviously pregnant. If there is still kicking I'll pursue an ultrasound then. Watch this space.

(FWIW I think the OP is more likely to be pregnant than I am)
#72 of 336 Old 06-27-2007, 08:39 PM

I didn't see it earlier, but were you TTC? Were you charting? Are you familiar w/ CM, have you felt that "feels like lips not tip-of-nose" cervix? There are so many things to consider, but you sound like you've been through it all!

I am interested to learn more, too!!

:
#73 of 336 Old 06-28-2007, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
bump

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

I love someone with ataxia telangiectasia http://www.atcp.org

#74 of 336 Old 06-28-2007, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie L. View Post
I didn't see it earlier, but were you TTC? Were you charting? Are you familiar w/ CM, have you felt that "feels like lips not tip-of-nose" cervix?
Yes, I was TTC, but not charting (other than recording period dates). We haven't used birth control since dd was born, it was just a pregnancy-will-happen-when-it-happens kind of thing. And I'm not familiar with my cervix, mucous or otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by townmouse
maybe I'll be "cured." Or maybe I'll be very obviously pregnant
Let us know what happens townmouse!

Jessika, wife to Turbo, mommy to Codi (12/04), Kayce (8/08), Colten (10/10), and a new little stork-suprise.gif coming 12/13 .

#75 of 336 Old 06-28-2007, 02:46 PM

fibroids can grow really big. I saw a pic online of one that was removed from a womans abdomen that was the size of a basketball!! She probably looked really pregnant before.
#76 of 336 Old 06-28-2007, 02:52 PM

I had a dermoid - those are really weird - they can have hair, lung tissue, teeth - all kinds of freeky things. I've had such an easy pregnancy my mom asked me "are you sure you are pregnant and it's not a tumor?" I said "yes mom, it's kicking me." She said, "Well with you , it could still be a tumor!" Very silly!
#77 of 336 Old 06-29-2007, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

I bought a Bebe Sounds hearbeat listener today. : I got it off Craigslist for $11 bucks, though, so I figured it would be okay, even if it didn't work. But it did! I definitely heard the "galloping horses" heartbeat! And "he" was kicking at it, too. So I got to hear the little kicking thumps. Sooo sweet! I think I heard the placenta, too, the "whoosh", up near the top. I played with it for over an hour!
I'll try to record it in the next day or two and I'll post it to this thread.
I've been reading the pregnancy calenders, looking at what would be going on at what stages in pregnancy, and I think I'm 24-26 weeks along. I can feel my uterus about 2.5 inches above my belly button. If I'm right, that would make me "due" in October. For some reason I'm really drawn to the 16. No clue why. We'll see what happens!
I'm definitely going to have everything together by August, though! Just to be safe! And dd's getting a pool next month that I just may need to "borrow" later on.

Jessika, wife to Turbo, mommy to Codi (12/04), Kayce (8/08), Colten (10/10), and a new little stork-suprise.gif coming 12/13 .

#78 of 336 Old 06-29-2007, 12:18 AM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codi's Mama View Post
I bought a Bebe Sounds hearbeat listener today. : I got it off Craigslist for $11 bucks, though, so I figured it would be okay, even if it didn't work. But it did! I definitely heard the "galloping horses" heartbeat! And "he" was kicking at it, too. So I got to hear the little kicking thumps. Sooo sweet! I think I heard the placenta, too, the "whoosh", up near the top. I played with it for over an hour!
I'll try to record it in the next day or two and I'll post it to this thread.
I've been reading the pregnancy calenders, looking at what would be going on at what stages in pregnancy, and I think I'm 24-26 weeks along. I can feel my uterus about 2.5 inches above my belly button. If I'm right, that would make me "due" in October. For some reason I'm really drawn to the 16. No clue why. We'll see what happens!
I'm definitely going to have everything together by August, though! Just to be safe! And dd's getting a pool next month that I just may need to "borrow" later on.
Wow!! Good for you, mama! Congrats to your family... this will be quite a story to tell the little one one day!

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
#79 of 336 Old 06-29-2007, 12:33 AM

OH CONGRATULATIONS I had been lurking on this thread to see the turn out. What a great update!

Misty
#80 of 336 Old 06-29-2007, 01:04 AM

WOW!!!!!! I am so happy for you
#81 of 336 Old 06-29-2007, 01:14 AM

I'm due the end of October - I'm feeling lot's of kicks now, and my fundus is about where you describe. I'm surprised you could go so long and not know - I knew the same week I conceived! (But my period was a week late before I even got a faint line on a HPT. I never go in for a "confirmation." I heard the heartbeat at 15 weeks on my doppler.) But yeah, periods would definately throw me.
#82 of 336 Old 06-29-2007, 01:16 AM

congrats! i would love to miss the first half of a pregnancy
#83 of 336 Old 06-29-2007, 01:17 AM

Congrats wishing you a healthy and happy pg. Not much longer to go maybe

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#84 of 336 Old 06-29-2007, 03:05 AM

:

the proof is in the pudding as they say

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09
#85 of 336 Old 06-29-2007, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codi's Mama View Post
I definitely heard the "galloping horses" heartbeat! And "he" was kicking at it, too. So I got to hear the little kicking thumps. Sooo sweet! I think I heard the placenta, too, the "whoosh", up near the top. I played with it for over an hour!
...I think I'm 24-26 weeks along. I can feel my uterus about 2.5 inches above my belly button. If I'm right, that would make me "due" in October. For some reason I'm really drawn to the 16. No clue why. We'll see what happens!
Hey, congrats! I am 24 weeks now and due Oct 17, by my best guess. It will be very interesting to see how things progress for you. So you were ttc, but didn't get a + test and kept having AF and thought you weren't pg? I can kind of understand that, b/c in the first few months I often don't feel very pg. At this point though it is all too obvious!
#86 of 336 Old 06-29-2007, 10:42 AM

Congratulations!! : I think it would be cool to hear a recording of the bebesounds. I'm glad it worked for you and hey at least you didn't spend full price!
#87 of 336 Old 06-29-2007, 10:52 AM

I'm also glad you were able to avoid exposure to ultrasound by using the bebesounds instead of a doppler. Congratulations, mama! I tend to have very difficult first trimesters (although this one is mild for me so far) so I can't help thinking how cool it must have been to miss out on all of the puking and the exhaustion and the hormonal bitchiness.

I'm so glad you trusted your body and that you and your little one are going to be okay. This may be more common than many of us realize, but it is very special and definitely a family story that bears retelling and retelling until he groans and rolls his eyes and says, "Oh, MOM!"

Little boys are very special and that's what I think you have.
#88 of 336 Old 06-29-2007, 11:20 AM

Congratulations!!! Come play with us in the October ddc.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#89 of 336 Old 06-29-2007, 12:35 PM

WOW that's amaising! Congratz.

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
#90 of 336 Old 06-29-2007, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noordinaryspider View Post
Congratulations, mama! I tend to have very difficult first trimesters (although this one is mild for me so far) so I can't help thinking how cool it must have been to miss out on all of the puking and the exhaustion and the hormonal bitchiness.
Yeah, I think that's what threw me off a little bit (that and the periods ). With dd I threw up so much I lost 14 lbs in the first 2 months and had to go to the hospital for an IV because of dehydration. I was also wanting to sleep *all* the time and so of course I was pretty bitchy . That's kinda why I think it's a boy, the abscense of all that. Oh, plus, I'm growing really dark facial hair like crazy. (No clue if a baby boy's male hormones could do that, tho).

Well, thanks for all the congrats everyone, off to introduce myself to the October DDC!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page