I'm Pregnant!!! Update post #77 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 336 Old 07-06-2007, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
interesting.

This is a tree on fire with love, but it's still scary since most people think love only looks like one thing instead of the whole world. *
#182 of 336 Old 07-06-2007, 04:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My mom literally looked 6 months pregnant when she had her hysterectomy because of her fibroids. They were full of blood, and she had to have 2 pints transfused because of the blood loss. I'm sure that putting a doppler on her belly would have made a woosh woosh sound because of the blood.
#183 of 336 Old 07-06-2007, 04:53 PM

i check this thread every time i get on the computer!!!

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

I love someone with ataxia telangiectasia http://www.atcp.org

#184 of 336 Old 07-06-2007, 06:51 PM

A few things can cause feelings of movement and even kicking.

How about an ultrasound? Wouldn't that clear this up?

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#185 of 336 Old 07-06-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheena View Post
A few things can cause feelings of movement and even kicking.

How about an ultrasound? Wouldn't that clear this up?
:
#186 of 336 Old 07-06-2007, 06:58 PM

I understand not wanting an u/s during a confirmed healthy pregnancy but in the face of negative blood work, increased facial hair, and feelings of movement in my uterus I would be more worried about a tumor than a fetus.

#187 of 336 Old 07-06-2007, 07:03 PM

I check this thread every time I read MDC, too.

Ladies, I know y'all are trying to help, but doesn't it seem pretty obvious that she's not going to get an U/S or other medical intervention? Regardless of what we would do, we've done all the urging and gentle direction that we can. She believes she's pregnant. Advice is neither being sought nor being taken, so this should probably go to support-only, kwim?

Best wishes, Codi'sMama. Hope all turns out well for you.
#188 of 336 Old 07-06-2007, 07:05 PM

Well.... I don't think you can really dictate what people say on a public board, as much as we all have times of wanting to. I just have a hard time supporting something that could be denial.

#189 of 336 Old 07-06-2007, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Well.... I don't think you can really dictate what people say on a public board, as much as we all have times of wanting to. I just have a hard time supporting something that could be denial.
Yeah, that's totally fair, and I wasn't trying to dictate. It was just a suggestion. I can't say for sure what's going on in the OP's situation, and I'm not about to try to judge, so I'm just going to read with interest and not post unless MDC needs my wisdom.
#190 of 336 Old 07-06-2007, 07:12 PM

How about in lieu of debate and if you can't support, not commenting?

laura, dh Brian, ds Rory 14, dd Ellie 13, ds Caelan 11, ds Seamus 9, ds Finn 7 and Penelope 2 !!!!

#191 of 336 Old 07-06-2007, 07:18 PM

Very interesting. I will be following this thread, for sure!

I hope you are both pregnant!
#192 of 336 Old 07-06-2007, 07:30 PM

Congrats! I'll be watching to see how thing turn out for you.
#193 of 336 Old 07-06-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepaisleymama View Post
Mmmm... nope, lol. I think if you're posting you're fair game. I'm very in support of women taking charge of their health, I would love to see it happen here.

#194 of 336 Old 07-06-2007, 07:39 PM

Wow.

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#195 of 336 Old 07-06-2007, 07:52 PM

Wow, I am very interested to see how this play out. best of luck to you no matter what the end result is.
#196 of 336 Old 07-06-2007, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Mmmm... nope, lol. I think if you're posting you're fair game. I'm very in support of women taking charge of their health, I would love to see it happen here.
Absolutely! Supportive doesn't mean enabling.
#197 of 336 Old 07-06-2007, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Considering it's the UC forum and most here do UP don't you think that's what she is doing? She is taking charge, she's not handing it over to someone else. Just because it's not in the same line of personal that you would take doesn't mean she isn't taking charge of her health. She's being proactive...just from a different vantage point than you.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#198 of 336 Old 07-06-2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherMother'n'Madre View Post
Considering it's the UC forum and most here do UP don't you think that's what she is doing? She is taking charge, she's not handing it over to someone else. Just because it's not in the same line of personal that you would take doesn't mean she isn't taking charge of her health. She's being proactive...just from a different vantage point than you.

:
#199 of 336 Old 07-06-2007, 08:53 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepaisleymama View Post
I believe that no one here has said that the OP shouldn't UC, instead they are showing honest and genuine concern for the OP's situation and are gently suggesting that there might be good reason for her to have an ultrasound to make sure that she doesn't have a condition that it just mimicing pregnancy. I totally respect her right to birth any way she is most comfortable but at the same time you can't expect mama's here not to show concern for her situation.

I remember awhile back that there was another mama here that was in a similar situation but in the end she was not pregnant. I believe that there are other posters here that might remember that mama and are trying to prevent that from happening again.

To the OP - I hope that everything works out exactly as you want it to! Best wishes and pregnancy vibes.
#200 of 336 Old 07-06-2007, 09:41 PM

Yes, interesting indeed.

4 kids under 10
#201 of 336 Old 07-06-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMoulton View Post
I believe that no one here has said that the OP shouldn't UC, instead they are showing honest and genuine concern for the OP's situation and are gently suggesting that there might be good reason for her to have an ultrasound to make sure that she doesn't have a condition that it just mimicing pregnancy. I totally respect her right to birth any way she is most comfortable but at the same time you can't expect mama's here not to show concern for her situation.

I remember awhile back that there was another mama here that was in a similar situation but in the end she was not pregnant. I believe that there are other posters here that might remember that mama and are trying to prevent that from happening again.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#202 of 336 Old 07-07-2007, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbug View Post
I check this thread every time I read MDC, too.

Ladies, I know y'all are trying to help, but doesn't it seem pretty obvious that she's not going to get an U/S or other medical intervention? Regardless of what we would do, we've done all the urging and gentle direction that we can. She believes she's pregnant. Advice is neither being sought nor being taken, so this should probably go to support-only, kwim?

Best wishes, Codi'sMama. Hope all turns out well for you.
: Very well said. I also check this discussion regularly, and clearly recall the recent (several months back?) pregnancy-that-wasn't. That situation was heartbreaking. I know how dissapointed I am after only 3 days of being sure I am, "expereincing" symptoms, dreaming all the joy the little one is sure to bring.

I too hope you are ok, either way. I'd love to see this turn out with a baby in your arms

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09
#203 of 336 Old 07-07-2007, 12:18 AM
Banned

Quote:

To the OP - I hope that everything works out exactly as you want it to! Best wishes and pregnancy vibes.
:

I also very much hope everything turns out how you want it to!
#204 of 336 Old 07-07-2007, 12:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Codi'sMama, I've been reading this thread since the beginning (though this is the first time I've commented), and I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier.

Have you ever read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler? Do you know the date of your most recent bleed? If you do, start taking your temperature every morning when you wake up and keep track of it on a chart like this. If you are NOT pregnant, you will notice a thermal shift every month after "ovulation"...that is, your temperature is lower the first half of your cycle, and rises after you ovulate.

If you don't know much about FAM, I might be confusing you...I apologize! I'm just so excited to think of something you could try that is not any medical intervention!

Anyway, if you can't remember the date of your last bleed, wait until you start bleeding again and start taking your temperature that day. The first day of your "menstrual cycle" is the first day you will start charting. Take your temp every morning (before you get out of bed--I keep my basal thermometer next to my alarm clock) and write it down after you wake up. Don't worry about the rest of the stuff on the chart, just temp. If you ovulate, you will definitely see a change in temperature during the second half of your cycle. But if your temperatures do NOT rise, then you are NOT ovulating...which is another indication of pregnancy!! (Note: it does not mean you are pregnant for certain...there are other reasons for not ovulating, but it is definitely a "could be pregnant" sign!).

Anyway, I'm too tired to make much sense right now, so if I've totally confused you, PM me sometime, or check out that book! I've been practicing FAM for over three years now...I use it as my sole form of birth control and have never used anything else. And I've never been pregnant. It is a very, VERY reliable method of birth control, and a wonderful way to know what the heck is going on during your reproductive cycle. I really recommend giving this a try.

Good luck with everything!! You're in my thoughts!

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
#205 of 336 Old 07-07-2007, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm okay with the possibility that I'm not pregnant. But I'm still bleeding every month and still BD, so it's not like I'll never get pregnant. All "they" can do if I have Pseudocyesis is give me a shot to start my menses again and refer my to a psych (which, eh, is not for me). If it is fibroid tumors, I've read that "they" don't remove them until they're too big to be painful and causing problems anyway. I'm planning on waiting until I'm too big for them to deny that something is going on, then I'll go in and get checked out. I still haven't decided on ultrasound or not. After some research I think all the ultrasound/doppler use during my dd's pregnancy might have something to do with her speech delay.

Interesting thought feminine_earth. I have not read the book nor ever done it, but I have looked into charting on Fertility Friend. Are there any stores that carry the basal thermometers, or would I have to order one online? We don't have Wal-Mart here, but we have most of the other large stores (Walgreens, Rite Aid, Target, etc.). Or would I need to check at a medical supply store?

Thanks!

Jessika, wife to Turbo, mommy to Codi (12/04), Kayce (8/08), Colten (10/10), and a new little stork-suprise.gif coming 12/13 .

#206 of 336 Old 07-07-2007, 12:36 PM

They can do a meyomectomy to remove large fibroids as fibroids can cause infertility and can really interfear with a pregnancy. Fybroids are also very blood rich and cause all sorts of other problems as well.

Quote:
:

Sorry for the bad spelling, I'm ryping sans contacts.

Any of those other stores should have a BBT.
#207 of 336 Old 07-07-2007, 12:44 PM

If you can feel your fundus up as high as you describe, there is absolutely something going on. You are either pg or you have a medical condition that you need a consult on. A quick peek with an ultrasound would not be the same extensive scan that a 20 week ultrasound usually is. This could take two minutes -- either to confirm the presence of a fetus or to see if you have large fibroids or something else. It could also be a malignancy -- God forbid -- in which case, delaying treatment could be fatal.
#208 of 336 Old 07-07-2007, 03:51 PM

Target, Walgreens or any of the other chain stores that have a well-stocked pharmacy will have a BBT. Digital is easiest, while co-sleeping and nursing. you can also get them online. Average price is about $7. You'll need to chart for over a month to get a clue. Maybe through your bleeding as well.

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09
#209 of 336 Old 07-07-2007, 04:16 PM

What about Braxton Hicks? Are you feeling those yet? Would that be a good indicator for pregnancy? My sister is 22weeks and she gets one at least once a day.

Melissa loving my DH and DD(4yr)hearts.gif Most likely in my garden. Two angel.gif that I'll remember forever. My baby is here!!! Ethan Matthew came at 42 weeks on 5/19/10 9.10 lbs hbac.gif
#210 of 336 Old 07-07-2007, 04:38 PM

I never had any w/DS, so that's not really a good indicator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwright View Post
What about Braxton Hicks? Are you feeling those yet? Would that be a good indicator for pregnancy? My sister is 22weeks and she gets one at least once a day.

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page