Ugh, how rude. A reminder of why I chose UC!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 54 Old 07-02-2007, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 27 weeks pregnant and planning a UC, but I don't like to highlight taht when talking to medical people. I think I may have a UTI, so I called the family practice clinic to make an appointment. They have nothing but same day wellness visits until the 24th, so I ask if I can call back and make one of those. She says she isn't sure if they'll do that for UTI and transfers me to the nurse who assists my primary care manager. She tells me that I'm an ob patient, so I have to go out to Fort Carson which is 45 minutes away, to their ob clinic or ER. I lied, saying that I'm seeing a midwife off base who can't prescribe antibiotics as she doesn't work under a doctor and am not an ob's patient. She said "Well, I'd be really worried if you're seeing a CNM who can't give antibiotics." I told her "She's a CPM; few CNMS do homebirths in this state." She goes off on this tangent about how I could have GBS and even the UTI could hurt the baby, so I need to be seeing someone who can give antibiotics and monitor me and my baby properly. I'm like "Why is that necessary, when I should be able to come to a doctor if I need antibiotics for a simple UTI that takes 3 days to cure or go to the hospital?" She keeps trying to argue with me and scare me into registering at Fort Caron's ob clinic, and she says they simply aren't allowed to see me at the regular clinic which is 5 minutes away if I'm pregnant. I told her that I came in already once for nausea medication and got it, and she said they shouldn't have seen me. She says I can't go to the ER up the road, because it won't be covered as it isn't life-threatening...which I know is a lie, as I've gone there many times for non-life-threatening problems. Finally I just said "I'll figure something out." She says "I'd go to Fort Carson" and hangs up before I can respond. I'm thinking "Yeah, you'd also birth in a hospital...." Ugh, what a great reminder of why I chose UC and homebirth to begin with. I guess I'll just wait for my hubby to come home and go to the ER up the road tonight for a nice three hour wait. The last time I had a UTI, I was out of town, and the ER prescribed me Tequin. The funny thing is, while I'm annoyed with her, I could hardly keep from laughing at her and feeling amused at all her ranting.

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
Oh how I miss the days of femalesling.GIF  nak.gifcd.gif  
#2 of 54 Old 07-02-2007, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

And ok, I know you're not supposed to take things not prescribed for you, but amoxicillin is used to treat Urinary Tract Infections. I've never had a bad reaction to amoxicillin, and my son just had some prescribed for an abcessed tooth. He's only supposed to take it for 10 days and will have a lot left over. Would it be safe for me to take that? Anyone know? I can't stand dealing with the 'professionals' while pregnant. Only a handful of true gems exist in the medical establishment.

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
#3 of 54 Old 07-02-2007, 06:39 PM

I would push lots and lots of unsweetened cranberry juice and lots and lots of water way before I'd do any antibiotics, much less antibiotics that were not prescribed to me.

ETA: Cranberry juice usually does the trick for me.
#4 of 54 Old 07-02-2007, 06:39 PM

That's what I take for a UTI. We head over to Mexico and pick it up without a prescription. That's kind of odd they gave you more than they wanted ds to take though? But yeah, if you have more than you need for ds, take it.

Are there any clinics around? We have a night clinic in our small town - $25 to be seen. You pay before they see you. I saw them when I got a UTI last time, told them I had a midwife, no questions asked.

PS I do cranberry if I think I might be having one coming on, but if it is full blown, I do the amox. I had one last time that was causing me contractions and terrible back pain - nothing to mess around with.
#5 of 54 Old 07-02-2007, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonfirefaery View Post
And ok, I know you're not supposed to take things not prescribed for you, but amoxicillin is used to treat Urinary Tract Infections. I've never had a bad reaction to amoxicillin, and my son just had some prescribed for an abcessed tooth. He's only supposed to take it for 10 days and will have a lot left over. Would it be safe for me to take that? Anyone know? I can't stand dealing with the 'professionals' while pregnant. Only a handful of true gems exist in the medical establishment.
It likely won't hurt tthe baby - I think it's Class B, which means it's considered safe - but it might make your UTI worse. With antibiotic resistance so high these days, I'd want a culture to determine the specific germ causing symptoms and get a med that targets that germ, not just a broad-spectrum general solution. When I was pg with my first DD the doctor prescribed general abx twice for my 'recurring' UTIs before I finally snapped to and had them do a culture. (This was after the nurse condescendingly asked me 'are you sure you're wiping front to back and not getting any poopies up there?' because, you know, I'm 5 years old. Maybe she went to school with the nurse you talked to, huh?)

So I'd not take the amoxicillin myself. Geez what a pain for you (literally and figuratively!)
#6 of 54 Old 07-02-2007, 07:09 PM

Even if you do choose antibiotics, I also would start consuming a glass of real cranberry juice every day for the rest of your pregnancy and postpartum period. Here's my personal background, to explain why:

Pregnant w/#1, saw a Dr. though I knew better, but there were no mws on island and my dh was afraid of UC so I humored him. I had vague UTIs. I want to stress that they weren't "full blown" as the other poster described. I kept asking about what diet changes, etc. I could make to cure/prevent the UTIs and he blew me off and put me on antibios. I said, "Will these effect my baby's developing tooth enamal?" He said no. I took the initial course (7 days) of antibios (can't remember which kind). Then I started drinking at least a glass of cranberry juice a day for the remainder of the pregnancy. When I would feel a UTI coming on, I'd down more juice and it would go away.

Fast forward to baby's 1st birthday. Obviously the Dr. lied to me. Her enamal has been effected. I thought at first I wasn't brushing enough, took her to a wonderful holistic dentist who said it was the antibios I took. Her teeth aren't hurting, her adult teeth will be fine, as long as I stay on top of good oral hygiene we'll sail right through this. I asked the dentist, "do you think the Dr. outright lied to me, or didn't know about this specific antibio?" He shrugged and said probably both. Most obs don't really care about developing teeth enamal, as it's mostly cosmetic and outgrown and they figure the benefits outweigh the risks. He said some antibios are proven to be very bad for teeth enamal, some aren't really proven either way, and there's no way to tell how an individual fetus will react to any given dose. Remember, I only took them for 1 week! I have to warn my dd and her teachers to "take it easy" on the playground because her front teeth chip so easily. The dentist, also a homeopath, said cranberry juice is good, and so are homeopathics, of course, though I don't remember exactly what he said his wife took for UTIs during pregnancy...

My next pregnancy, a UC, I drank fresh cranberry juice every day and never had a UTI. It makes me so sad and proud how different dd2's teeth are from her big sister's...

Since it was so hard for me to find "real" cranberry juice during my pregnancy with dd1, I stocked up on frozen cranberries before even becoming pregnant with dd2. Then every few days I'd dump a bag of frozen cranberries in the blender, strain the juice out with cheesecloth, and drink that. Not "delicious," but definitely beneficial.

You have to do what is best for you, and I wish you ease in finding antibios if that is your choice, but you should know all of your options. I also want to warn you that since going ahead with UC, Drs. in my life have gotten even more hostile towards me, to the point where I'm not comfortable with any "stunts" they might pull to "teach me a lesson." And maybe that snarky woman at the clinic is trying to steer you onto another path.

Given what other posters have suggested, if I were in your shoes I would do cranberry juice and if that didn't work I'd share yr ds's amox, fwiw.
#7 of 54 Old 07-02-2007, 07:13 PM

I was told that with UTI's, they must be cultured to make sure you have the right drug for your particular strain. One time I had one and the first antibiotic didn't work, so after a culture they figured out the right med.

FWIW.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#8 of 54 Old 07-02-2007, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

I'll take everyone's advice. I will do the amoxicillin WITH cranberry juice (and continue with the cranberries throughout the pregnancy), and if I don't see any difference after 2-3 days, I will go to the ER for a culture and prescription. Thanks so much.

Yeah, she was making it out like I must be seeing a midwife who isn't properly certified or something...which is technically true but CPMs are the experts on homebirth, not CNMs! I think she was trying to steer me to the ob/hospital path. She would have horrified me if I didn't know any better. Those kind of scare tactics are the whole reason I don't want an ob.

#9 of 54 Old 07-02-2007, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonahsmom View Post
I would push lots and lots of unsweetened cranberry juice and lots and lots of water way before I'd do any antibiotics...
IME mixing cranberries or cranberry juice with fresh or frozen pineapple/pineapple juice works much faster than cranberry juice alone.

So far as taking antibiotics go, if I did ever use them, whether prescribed for me by a doc or by myself, I'd run them past a pharmacist first. They know far more about the contraindications of any particular drug than doctors do.

~BV
#10 of 54 Old 07-02-2007, 08:31 PM

We take a whole herb cranberry suppliment. Dh had a prostate infection (undx'd bya DR, but after MUCH research dx'd by me ) and we cured it with quercetin, bromelain, and saw palmetto (which is ONLY for men). Either quercetin or bromelain has pineapple in it, I can't remember which...but it really was awesome, he was totally cured in a month or so from starting We all (ds included) take a cranberry supp now...and we get q and b in our Juice For Life we take.

Huh, I never knew that about antibiotics...would it affect the enamel of the person taking it? Or just a fetus?
#11 of 54 Old 07-02-2007, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

I didn't know that about them either! Corbin had weak enamel. Maybe it was from the nausea medication and allergy medication I took during my last pregnancy? I bet they could mess with that if antibiotics can. This time I took nausea medication a little bit but not much else. I hope this next baby has stronger enamel.

#12 of 54 Old 07-02-2007, 08:52 PM

I never take anti-biotics I just drink cranberry juice till it comes out my ears.

I eat a lot of garlic, take extra vit C and drink the regular old sweetened cra-raz and I still get better quicker than the anti-biotics.

Good luck Mama.
#13 of 54 Old 07-02-2007, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Garlic works on UTI too? We had spaghetti for dinner hehe

#14 of 54 Old 07-02-2007, 09:03 PM

I've gotta say; avoid the antibiotics as much as you can.
I used to be really prone to UTI, and I'd get it really badly. and my miracle cure that works for me is to get into a HOT bath, down a huge glass of cranberry with literally a gallon of water, and stay in the bath, keeping it hot, till I've drunk all the water. I just pee into the bath; i know it sounds gross at first, but really, the best way is just to flush it out - drink LOTS and dont hold back any urine. I've cured even the worst UTI this way in a few hours. (take a book into the bath too).

Honestly I'd never trust any Dr who says any medication is okay during pg. lots of them just dont know or care. google EVERYTHING. and if you MUST take an antibiotic, dont mess around with taking left-overs. if the few pills you take is enough to stop the UTI, its very likely it wont be enough to totally kick the infection out, and you will likely get a recurrance that will be really tough to get rid of.

By reading this signature, you agree to join my cult :nana
Google me, you know you want to mischievous.gif
#15 of 54 Old 07-02-2007, 09:04 PM

and garlic is a natural antibiotic and blood cleanser, its good for everything

By reading this signature, you agree to join my cult :nana
Google me, you know you want to mischievous.gif
#16 of 54 Old 07-02-2007, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

Majikfaerie, I will try that bath! I think I've changed my mind to just do garlic and cranberry juice. If that doesn't help or if it gets worse I will do the amoxicillin, with a trip to the ER for a culture and prescription as my final resort if that fails. These are great suggestions. Thanks a bunch!

#17 of 54 Old 07-02-2007, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If you are unsure about if you have a UTI, Walgreens sells these home UTI test kits -- I would do that before I took antibiotics -- just to be sure.

UTI's are dangerous in pregnancy -- but depending on how long you have been having symptoms, I would consider natural remedies -- Aviva Jill Romm in her book Natural pregnancy recommends Uva Ursi, echenecia and vitamin C (plus eleminating sugar and cranberry juice of course).

Good luck! And let me know if you want more specifics about those herbs and doses from the book. It is sitting right here on my desk.
#18 of 54 Old 07-02-2007, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Oooo!! Really?! Home UTI tests?! I didn't know that. I am learning so much today.

I've only had symptoms for a few days, worse in the afternoon, but still pretty mild. I'm tired, dizzy, nauseated here and there but not too bad, have sore muscles, and I pee a LOT and it's cloudy. Plus I have that feeling down there, you know, the kind you get with a UTI, lol. It's not real bad, so yeah, I'm willing to try natural remedies first.

#19 of 54 Old 07-02-2007, 09:26 PM

AND if your lower back hurts, seek medical attention immediately, because that can mean it has spread to the kidneys which is more dangerous. (I am not a med. professional. This is what I have been told.)

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#20 of 54 Old 07-02-2007, 09:34 PM

Yes -- they have them at Walgreens and they are $10 for two kits. I just got one yesterday. I was having all the symptoms you described -- and the test came out negative. I think often the baby can just put pressure on the bladder...causing that urgency...

Here are the doses:

Echinecia tincture -- 1 drop per every 2 lbs of body weight every 4 hours until symptoms are gone and then 20 drops a day 3 X daily for a few more days.

500 mg of vitamin C 4 times a day for 5 days

Uva Ursi -- make a tea with 1/4 cup herb in a quart jar -- and then drink 1/4 cup every 4 hours. You can add 1/4 marshmallow to this mixture as well.

She also recommends wild yam -- 1/2 tsp tincture 2-4 times daily -- but I don't know about this one -- not sure how safe I think that is....

Again this is from Aviva Jill Romms book The Natural Pregnancy Book

Good luck!!
#21 of 54 Old 07-02-2007, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
AND if your lower back hurts, seek medical attention immediately, because that can mean it has spread to the kidneys which is more dangerous. (I am not a med. professional. This is what I have been told.)
Yes, but in pregnancy, a back ache can be totally normal....

I would get the tests before you do anything....

But that is just my opinion
#22 of 54 Old 07-03-2007, 01:25 AM

I know of three mothers in our AP group who had antibiotics during pregnancy and all of the kids ( ages 2 and under) have weak enamel and severe cavities.

Mom to Eoin (11/02), Eilis (09/04), Eamon (07/07), and Ellery (04/10)
#23 of 54 Old 07-03-2007, 01:28 AM

DON'T TAKE ANTIBIOTICS WITH CRANBERRY JUICE!!!!!!!

sorry for the caps, wanted to make sure you saw it

i haven't researched this myself, so you may want to do that, but i recall being told by and RN friend of mine (i'm a PT), that the cranberry juice can cause some of the solutes in the antibiotics to precipitate out and put you at risk of kidney stones.

i can second the herbal recommendations. i used to get frequent UTI's when i was younger, and the uva ursi/echinacea combo often did the trick, as did remembering to drink and pee frequently all. the. time.

?but i may have heard echinacea is contraindicated in pregnancy?

my signature is usually illegible
#24 of 54 Old 07-03-2007, 03:07 AM

Generally there are only 2 medications considered safe for pregnancy that work on UTIs. One is Macrobid and the other is cephalexin (i think). Amox is generally used for other infections (like strep or pnumonia) and is not generally useful except to give you a yeast infection when you're done taking it LOL! As someone who is on antibiotics now (amox for strep) I would definately just do the cranberry thing for now. To sooth the burning feeling you might be getting (although it's not as common with pregnancy since stuff kinda goes numb down there) try baking soda baths.

So yeah, that nurse is a real piece of work. I hate the blame game drs play. If it's not ob related they won't treat you at the ob but if you're pregnant they won't treat you at the regular dr. This became VERY obvious this pregnancy for me, and thus another reason i'm ucing. Ultimately, the only one who takes responsability is you in the end.

Lucia , Poly )O( Lactation Counseling mama lady.gifvbac.gifto 5 yo Goobersuperhero.gif and 3 1/2 yo MZ twins twins.gif Peanut and Sweetpea and 1yo Pumpkinbabyf.gif mmm placenta.gif
#25 of 54 Old 07-03-2007, 03:53 AM

If you're not already, I'd rec taking probiotics from here on out as well.

I like taking GSE whenever I feel a twinge down south. I took it almost daily during the last couple months of pg and still do occassionally, as well as probis.

Hope you feel better soon. UTIs blow.
#26 of 54 Old 07-03-2007, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalmax View Post
Yes, but in pregnancy, a back ache can be totally normal....
For sure! This is how it went down for me last pregnancy (so problems so far - knock on wood). Out of the blue started getting contractions and backache and thought I was going into premterm labor. Went home and got in bed to see if it would stop. As I was laying there, I remembered my prenatal test strips. Got up and tested - leukocytes and nitrates - UTI. Drank cranberry and went to bed. Got up in the morning and dh drug me to the local clinic. Could barely stand sitting in the chair the backache was so bad and the wait long. Dr. said for the stage of pregnancy I was in Amox. would be safer than Macrobid. I don't think she gave me 7 days - maybe 5? Felt much MUCH better. Still had a little backache. Went back for another culture to make sure it was gone - diagnosis: backache caused by pregnancy.

I don't know about ds's teeth - so far he only has 2. He also got antibiotics at birth :
#27 of 54 Old 07-03-2007, 02:17 PM

DONT DO THE ANTIBIOTICS!!
the dosage prescribed for your son is going to be waaay less than you, an adult, would need to completely get rid of your infection. it will just kill off the weak buggies, allowing the stronger, more resistant bugs to take hold. not good!!! if you are going to take antibiotics you need to take the proper dosage for your infection.

uva ursi infusion is very specific to UTI's, and is safe for pg. i cant remember the dosage, but it is in the susan weed book.

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

I love someone with ataxia telangiectasia http://www.atcp.org

#28 of 54 Old 07-03-2007, 02:24 PM

I suffered from a lot of bladder and kidney infections as a child. Now I take care of them at the first sign of trouble. I haven't had antibiotics since I was 16 which wad the last time my mother had a say in my health care.

Cranberry juice is fantastic. You'd be surprised how well it works. You don't have to drink it unsweetened but it's good to avoid corn syrup or artificial sweeteners and the most important thing is that it's real 100% cranberry juice. You should be able to go to vitamin cottage down there or wild oats or whole foods (although they are more expensive) if they are closer. You can get pure cranberry juice or cranberry concentrate which you can add water to and then add honey or agave to it to make it more palatable. I also highly recommend getting cranberry capsules to take in addition to the juice (you can get more that way, it's hard to drink so much cranberry). It's also important to drink lots and lots of water and pee often. I also highly recommend Uva Ursi. It's great on the urinary tract and grows locally all over our mountains so it has a special place in my heart. You should start doing these things at the first sign of irritation but they work at any point.

I've always taken echinacea during pregnancy and any time I need help with my immune system. A lot of tinctures come as a combo with goldenseal - just avoid those and get straight echinacea if you are going to.

As a preventive, you may not have heard that you should always pee right after having sex to avoid UTI's (it makes a big difference to us that are prone to them).

Also as an FYI, CNM's are not legally allowed to do home-births in Colorado so anyone using a hombirth midwife here is using a DEM (direct entry midwife) and there are a lot of them.

Also, if you are interested in talking off-forum I'd be happy to. I've lived in Colorado all my life and have had two DEM attanded homebirths and one UP/UC here so i'm familiar with the ropes so to speak

Good luck,
Laura

mom to 3 home-born children, wife to a great guy joy.gif

#29 of 54 Old 07-03-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XmasEve View Post
Even if you do choose antibiotics, I also would start consuming a glass of real cranberry juice every day for the rest of your pregnancy and postpartum period. Here's my personal background, to explain why:

Pregnant w/#1, saw a Dr. though I knew better, but there were no mws on island and my dh was afraid of UC so I humored him. I had vague UTIs. I want to stress that they weren't "full blown" as the other poster described. I kept asking about what diet changes, etc. I could make to cure/prevent the UTIs and he blew me off and put me on antibios. I said, "Will these effect my baby's developing tooth enamal?" He said no. I took the initial course (7 days) of antibios (can't remember which kind). Then I started drinking at least a glass of cranberry juice a day for the remainder of the pregnancy. When I would feel a UTI coming on, I'd down more juice and it would go away.

Fast forward to baby's 1st birthday. Obviously the Dr. lied to me. Her enamal has been effected. I thought at first I wasn't brushing enough, took her to a wonderful holistic dentist who said it was the antibios I took. Her teeth aren't hurting, her adult teeth will be fine, as long as I stay on top of good oral hygiene we'll sail right through this. I asked the dentist, "do you think the Dr. outright lied to me, or didn't know about this specific antibio?" He shrugged and said probably both. Most obs don't really care about developing teeth enamal, as it's mostly cosmetic and outgrown and they figure the benefits outweigh the risks. He said some antibios are proven to be very bad for teeth enamal, some aren't really proven either way, and there's no way to tell how an individual fetus will react to any given dose. Remember, I only took them for 1 week! I have to warn my dd and her teachers to "take it easy" on the playground because her front teeth chip so easily. The dentist, also a homeopath, said cranberry juice is good, and so are homeopathics, of course, though I don't remember exactly what he said his wife took for UTIs during pregnancy...

My next pregnancy, a UC, I drank fresh cranberry juice every day and never had a UTI. It makes me so sad and proud how different dd2's teeth are from her big sister's...

Since it was so hard for me to find "real" cranberry juice during my pregnancy with dd1, I stocked up on frozen cranberries before even becoming pregnant with dd2. Then every few days I'd dump a bag of frozen cranberries in the blender, strain the juice out with cheesecloth, and drink that. Not "delicious," but definitely beneficial.

You have to do what is best for you, and I wish you ease in finding antibios if that is your choice, but you should know all of your options. I also want to warn you that since going ahead with UC, Drs. in my life have gotten even more hostile towards me, to the point where I'm not comfortable with any "stunts" they might pull to "teach me a lesson." And maybe that snarky woman at the clinic is trying to steer you onto another path.

Given what other posters have suggested, if I were in your shoes I would do cranberry juice and if that didn't work I'd share yr ds's amox, fwiw.

Wow.
You know, I never ever have heard of this - even though I've thoroughly researched my DS's complete lack of tooth enamel (two broken teeth, one chipped tooth, chipped tooth is rotten.)

THANK YOU, So much for this.
I had a UTI with my first, and pregnant now with my second, I went in for my first apt completely dehydrated (we'd spent the entire day out, it was my fault, and it was a one time thing, but my urine was bright yellow when testing. Something usual for me.)
I was called a few days later by the nurse, to say I had a UTI and needed antibios. I told her I had no symptoms, wanted to treat it naturally, she said it would Not go away, etc.
I didnt have internet access that week due to changing providers.

I succumbed, thinking, though I know what I know about the OB industry, it couldn't hurt That much to just do this - as she seemed fairly certain it was a ranging infection.

I had awful reactions to the antibs.

Day 5 of 7, I developed symptoms of a UTI.
I continued antibs. Treated symptoms naturally, they're entirely gone.
(Lots of cranberry juice, water, garlic.)

And then... it hit.
The yeast. Started in my mouth, my lip became swollen, and I noticed a tiny tiny blob of white in my cheek.
Started the treatment with acidophilus, yogurt, cranberry, garlic, water, lots less sugar.

DS got it from me somehow, and I cleared his up immediately.

And I'm still fighting it.
I'm on probiotics, as well as the above. But wow, this is absolutely bloody resistant.

I can't believe all of the trouble I went through for a no-symptoms possible UTI.

I will not, ever, take a doctors word for something again, blindly.
#30 of 54 Old 07-03-2007, 03:42 PM

I would do the uva ursi (and maybe some yarrow too) and REAL cranberry juice (aka Just Cranberry by Knudsen or Santa Cruz)--that stuff that truly puckers everything. It always works for me for UTI.

Just be sure to drink LOTS when taking Uva Ursi, it is diuretic as well as treating UTI and you can get dehydrated fast when PG if you aren't careful to drink plenty.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page