Need support- transverse at 36 weeks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-03-2007, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, I KNOW babies can and do turn after this time, I just need to hear the personal stories right now. I think I'm feeling guilt because I really haven't connected to this baby yet and so I just wish she would be in position by 36 weeks(like the books say she should be) so I wouldn't worry. I know it's silly and part of the reason I UC is because I don't believe in timetables. I just haven't enjoyed being pregnant this time. I'm looking forward to baby but the pregnancy has seemed long. I had relationship ending stress at the beginning and lately I have been very busy getting ready. Anyway, personal stories of babies turning after 36 weeks would be helpful.
#2 of 7 Old 07-03-2007, 07:57 PM

Well my husband was transverse during my MIL's pregnancy and labor but turned after twelve hours of labor. They were prepping her for a c/s because he just wouldn't turn and at the last minute he did!

Her doctor knew how much she wanted a natural labor so she went into labor on her own, did not have drugs, moved around a lot, etc. This was in 1978.
#3 of 7 Old 07-03-2007, 08:25 PM

I had a last minute turner. She turned from breech to head down just a few hours before labor began.

Greenlee's Forest *intentional jewelry* a secret Journal locket!
Me My Blog Mama to 7 babes & four spirit babies
#4 of 7 Old 07-03-2007, 11:55 PM

okay, I haven't been around much because my computer died so no keyboard, I do have a wireless router so I can go online with my handheld, BUT typing on a tiny screen with a stylus takes FOREVER....
That said, I had to make the effort for you!
DON'T WORRY!
My second was sideways until labor started. I still had a super short labor and a headfirst baby born unassisted. Have faith in your babe! He'll find the way out, don't feel like you're out of time just because you' re nearing the end. You're not out of time!

No need to worry unless labor's dragging so long you're exhausted or baby is distressed, right?

Take care mama!

Kat (back to lurking!)

treehugger.gif Kat- mama to 6 little trees
#5 of 7 Old 07-04-2007, 04:00 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you. I really needed to hear that today. It's a wake up call for me to slow down and take the time to connect with my babe. I believe in the birth process and I just need to breathe, maybe start doing affirmations and this fear will go away. Thanks again.
#6 of 7 Old 07-04-2007, 05:02 PM

No story here, just a
#7 of 7 Old 07-04-2007, 08:35 PM

Can you attempt ECV on yourself?

And if not could you possibly, and I know this is UC blasphemy, have a midwife do it?

I think the babe will turn. She's got time.

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
Oh how I miss the days of femalesling.GIF  nak.gifcd.gif  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page