UC Support Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-05-2007, 04:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, this support thread is a great idea! I love reading all the things you all are feeling.

Preggie- Have you ever thought about looking into midwifery, what a wonderful service you do the women of your community! That whole thing sounds awful.

I came to UC, because other than the hosptial, it is my only option due to the laws here.

I feel a little scared about my upcoming birth. My first was a hospital birth that didn't get very far before I had to have an "emergency" c/s. I wasn't even awake to see my child born. I don't want to go back to a hospital after the whole experience, I am more frightened of that. I have never been able to find out if it was really necessary for me to have the c/s. Her HR began to decelerate and it just kept getting lower and lower, when she was born she had the cord around her neck a couple times and under her arms once. She was fine. After the wonderful nuchal cord thread that was just recently posted(thanks so much for that ladies!) I feel a lot better about UCing. I wonder, if I had been encouraged to move more and try laboring in different ways before my H2O broke instead of being strapped to a monitor and forced to lie down with an O2 mask, would she have been able to get herself in a better place where the cord wasn't being so compressed. Maybe I could have had a better birth.

I feel like my belief in my own body to birth has been damaged by my last birth and it's something I try hard to sort out. I hope that I have the strength to get past my fears and see this through. You all have been inspiration to me! I am looking forward to bringing our new baby into our family at home, the way he or she should be born.

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2007, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post
I feel like my belief in my own body to birth has been damaged by my last birth and it's something I try hard to sort out. I hope that I have the strength to get past my fears and see this through. You all have been inspiration to me! I am looking forward to bringing our new baby into our family at home, the way he or she should be born.
I had a lot of fears at one point in time, but I came to realize that the only real fear is fear itself. Maybe you will see that at some point, too. I have also found that all the strength I could ever need I've always had...it's just a matter of uncovering it. It's an interesting distinction...instead of believing I needed to "find" or "get" strength, I started believing that it was more a matter of letting go of whatever prevented me from seeing the strength that was already there.

If you are determined then you will create the life you've always wanted, births included.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:24 PM

I am getting so excited to meet my baby. My "due" date is in a week. I had contractions all night last night, kept waking me up. I haven't been contracting at night so far so that was a new twist. I am also starting to feel that birth energy building up. It could still be a while but I think sooner rather than later. I am ready to move on to the next chapter. Come on baby! Come meet your family.
Wendi
Old 09-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Banned

my husband and i are going to start TTCing.

our rabbit--bless him!--passed yesterday, and my husband and i had the same push/notion to use this month's CM and see what might happen. who knows, maybe he'll come back to us.

god, we love him!

and we're excited about this process. a new phase in life.

the big question is, can i handle TWO geminis in the house? LOL!
Old 09-07-2007, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter

If I can handle two male Cancers in the house, you can handle two Geminis.

Creating Art. Living life on Guam. Sharing my Journey.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hi! I'm Sheila, about 27 weeks along with my second child, first up/uc.

all is going well except that I have to keep my plans a secret irl to avoid major harrassment from family and friends... but I'm okay with it. We are telling people we are hiring a 'private birth attendant' and just don't say anything more.

I am my own private birth attendant

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
Old 09-07-2007, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell024 View Post
If I can handle two male Cancers in the house, you can handle two Geminis.
And I've got two Scorpios - and probably will be getting another soon! And a Leo to boot - that's alot of strong energy for a poor little sensitive Pisces!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Banned

we decided to go ahead and see if two geminis would work. my MIL assured me--as both of her children are geminis--that it works quite well. LOL

btw, my husband and i got quite the giggle out of duo-cancer and trio-scorpios. that is A LOT of energy.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:50 AM

I'm adding a second Aquarius to a stew that includes a Capricorn and and Aries (who love each other dearly but never have been able to get along very well) and a much-needed Leo (dd's boyfriend and my son's new much needed "positive male role model").

I had originally hoped that bean would be the Leo, but we found him in another context that works well for our family and since I have had this exact same due date before, it seeems as if I'm supposed to have a child who is born close to my own birthday. I'm kind of looking forward to it.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Banned

I'm Mel. I have three children and would like to learn more about UC. I don't know if I could do it without someone there, even just a midwife to help.

So, I want to learn more about UC and see if this is something that I could do
Old 09-07-2007, 02:35 PM

Hi I'm Sunny. We're ttc number two and have an almost 1 yr old in the house ( a LIBRA).

I am going to UP/UC, although DH's condition about the UP is that we do get one ultrasound. I am still mulling this one over. I am a little OCD and have already made microsoft excel charts to fill in (they look like hospital charts, sorta, so if we have to Xfer it'll be all there and nice and organized) for prenatal as well as a food diary. Yeah, I'm a geek.

We're planning on a "God-assisted childbirth" (see blog in my siggy if you want to know more about my theory.. just to a "taggies" search for UC).

Hi!

Sunny coolshine.gif: gun toting, retired breastfeeding, car seat loving, guitar playing, home birthing and schooling mama to Jakob (10.06), Mikah (07.08) and Korah (07.11). uc.jpg 

Old 09-07-2007, 03:33 PM

We have an Aries, Taurus, Gemini, and Virgo. All pretty intense emotionally.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bluefish View Post
And I've got two Scorpios - and probably will be getting another soon! And a Leo to boot - that's alot of strong energy for a poor little sensitive Pisces!
I'm a Sagittarius and Ds1 is a Virgo, Dp and Ds2 are the Cancers. Lol, but I've been surrounded by Cancers all my life...so I'm fairly confident I might be able to handle it without pulling my hair out. I was actually hoping for a Leo But I think the universe planned it out well, lmao. We're surviving.

Hi Sheila!

Welcome Mel and Sunny!

Creating Art. Living life on Guam. Sharing my Journey.

Old 09-09-2007, 05:06 PM

Hello ladies! Like another poster, it is good to be back! I feel like this forum is my "home" on MDC. :-)

For those of you who are new, or don't remember me, I am Laura, mama to 3 with #4 on the way sometime in April! My first was a hospital birth, my second was a UP/UC with hospital transport, and third UP/UC waterbirth. Oddly, I am not planning a UP this go round, and am not even 100% sure of UC. I am hopeful, but I am currently an OB patient, and planning to hire a UC supportive midwife. I had a rough postpartum after my youngest, and feel called to have extra support this go round. I want all my options open. But I believe that my labor will happen alone, and probably the birth too, with MW coming shortly thereafter. We will see. I am sensing that this pregnancy, labor, delivery, and baby will be very different- a new experience for me. Not sure how yet, but I'm trying to trust the process.

Laura, mama to J (15), N (12), E (9) , M (6), and our little caboose, R (3).
Old 09-11-2007, 04:40 PM

Well, I got a + pregnancy test this morning, so I'm officially planning my UC now!
Old 09-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Banned

congratulations pseudopods!
Old 09-11-2007, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudopods View Post
Well, I got a + pregnancy test this morning, so I'm officially planning my UC now!
Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurata View Post
I am Laura, mama to 3 with #4 on the way sometime in April!
I'm due in April also, you should come join us in the April DDC!

XM,: mama to ds (5/08), dd (9/10) and ds (6/12) ! whale.gif :C.H.S & M.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:28 PM

My first post in this thread.

I am now almost 33 wks, EDD is Nov 1st.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this pgcy. Mainly because I have been 100% UP and I am LOVING it, but I had originally intended to see someone a time or two to help with my BC paperwork. I decided not to because this just feels so fabulous, but I am a bit nervous about filing without having seen anyone because they gave me crap last time even WITH some MW and OB records.

Aside from that I have some last minute things to do, just getting all of my labor stuff together which really isn't much. I learned last time that you only NEED a few things.

Crunchy, Christ-lovin' mama to dd13, ds8, dd6, dd5, ds3  homeschool.gif intactlact.gif saynovax.gifuc.jpg

Old 09-11-2007, 06:31 PM

COngrats Jordan

I am still deciding what to do for getting a BC, I might see a dr or I might wait until after, I need to double check how soon after I would have to see them. I want to avoid hassle while still enjoying my pregnancy and babymoon!

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
Old 09-11-2007, 08:54 PM

zoebird - I'm sorry your rabbit died. My chinchilla died after a year of being sick and then we got pg the next month. Maybe you will have a similar experience. Good luck! TTC is so exciting and nerve wracking at the same time.

Mom to DD ('06) and DS ('08)
Old 09-12-2007, 02:23 PM

I just posted yesterday, but I guess I should add...........

The closer I am getting to delivery, even though this is my 2nd UC, I am just feeling so left out on my birth boards and other message boards. Everyone is having U/Ss, complaining about the appts., loaded with fears....you know what I'm talking about. And anytime I try to give an alternative to help people with issues they're having, they don't want to consider my advice. So I have tried to just stand on the sidelines, but I feel so left out and also I am getting increasingly frustrated with those women, lol!. Sooooooo I realized, like I did with my last baby, that this board is my safe haven. And I just wanted to thank you ladies for being so like minded and giving me a place to feel normal, even if I am an infrequent poster.

And I'd also like to say that I CANNOT WAIT TO GIVE BIRTH AGAIN, UC STYLE!!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Crunchy, Christ-lovin' mama to dd13, ds8, dd6, dd5, ds3  homeschool.gif intactlact.gif saynovax.gifuc.jpg

Old 09-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Banned

paphia:

thanks! we're not "actively" trying in the sense of going over board with trying to try or what have you (i mean, i know the sort of effort that some people put in). we just decided to let go of condoms and see what comes up.

it's ok if i don't get pregnant, really. we are totally prepared to adopt when we are ready, to birth if we get to, etc.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:48 PM

Hey there! I have posted a few times. I'm "due" today. I'm having my babe at home after 2 c/s! I have had PC since 28 wks...pretty laid back. I cancelled my appt. last week, b/c I'm in a "I wanna be left alone" mood! I desperatley want an unnassisted so I can just listen to my intuition and have a beautiful empowering birth w/just me and dh! Tell me to stay stong and this baby will come soon!
Old 09-12-2007, 04:08 PM

Mykidsrock, I could have wrote that myself lol. I find it hard to sit back and watch all these terrible things happen to women and their babies because they are not informed, but what can you do. I offer advice too and they just don't want to hear it. I am thankful for this safe haven as well! Stick around and post some more.

Rebecca
Old 09-13-2007, 11:37 AM

I understand, those of you with the other-board-syndrome. I stopped going to it when I was accused of being psycho and abusive and that they couldn't believe I was allowed to post some of the things I was posting. They said I was attacking their viewpoints and calling them horrible mothers... wtf?! But anyway... some people you just can't change... DH pointed out that those women couldn't change me, either, so I guess I understand.

Anyway... I didn't find THIS BOARD (mdc) until DS was almost six months old. Would have saved me a ton of heartache if I had found it while pg!!!

Thanks for being here. =D

Sunny coolshine.gif: gun toting, retired breastfeeding, car seat loving, guitar playing, home birthing and schooling mama to Jakob (10.06), Mikah (07.08) and Korah (07.11). uc.jpg 

Old 09-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Banned

i'm really lucky in that when i went to another board that i frequent (on a completely different topic), i posted about UC on a subforum (women's board). i also posted about FAM, how to check your own cervix, and a variety of other 'self care' information. Boy, how i was FLAMED!

but, another mdc-er on that board suggested that i check out this board, but i didn't come here until after i'd found Laura's board. . .and then i saw that this was other topics too. . .and now i'm hooked. it's my favorite board.

i don't bother going to other pregnancy/birth/mothering boards at all because i just get fussed up, can't express my opinion without being told i'm judging people (which i'm not, i usually am talkig about stuff "for me" and "what is best for me" or "what i like"), and i also get called crazy, irresponsible, etc.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:37 PM

I've pretty much stopped visiting the other board I started out on. The UC thread is very small, I will check in with them now and then. I just realized it really bothers me to go to a place where you get flamed for UC, and when you try to educate women about breast feeding, natural birth and the horrors/dangers of circ, you get accused of being unsupportive of the other mothers. Plus the blatant formula ads were bugging me too.

I really like knowing there are so many other like-minded women here.

Mom to DD ('06) and DS ('08)
Old 09-14-2007, 01:45 PM

I really have a major problem. For the past 2 months it seems, along with my nausea- I am literally exhausted 24-7. I have no interested in anything anymore, I just want to curl up, but sleep doesn't seem to interest me at all.
I just do things like eat and sleep and shower and manage the kids because I have to. But if I didn't have to do anything, I think I would be equally miserable.
I yawn ALL DAY! to the point my eyes water. I never get more tired, it just seems I am at the same level of fatigue and disinterest all day and night.
I have food cravings, but am not that interested in pursuing them.
Do you know what I mean?
Any thoughts? It is making me crazy! And everyone is suffering.

Thanks for listening.

Mama to 5 babies. UCer, too!
Old 09-15-2007, 01:09 AM

Amyjeans its called your having a boy! I know I felt that way with my boys,with DD I was contemplating sweeping down my next door neighbor's driveway.I would get up take a nap and then wake up feeling I needed another one.When were driving cross country I couldn't even keep my eyes open past the driveway to keep DH company.The only advice I have is give in.Batten down the hatches,leave snacks out,pop in movies and be ready to do damage control with pillow creases on your face.
Hi!I don't get to post often(my lap is never empty) so I mostly lurk.I had my first UC in May.It was so wonderful not to have to rush in only to be told to wait while they got ready and not to worry about my other kids.DS was born after a day at the beach into me and my mom's hands while the kids were watching Star Wars.My sister and I talked and bonded even more while I waited for my placenta to come out on its own and my son wasn't touched by an outsider until he was 6 days old.Bliss!My mom is so much in awe that she helped catch her own grandbaby, she tells me looks down at her hands in wonder and happiness.
I had joked about UC but didn't it was more than a punchline until I was pregnant with my 3rd and had been turned down by the only available home birth MW.I didn't really think I could do it until I had DD on the triage bed as they were fussing about my GBS status,that they needed to get her heart beat(hello?Crowning ,can it wait?)and getting dressed for the biohazard.Noone helped then but they sure delivered me from my placenta.I felt like all that rush was such a waste if they didn't bdo anything.
I lurked here even though I was supposed to be done.I found out that I was already 19 weeks pregnant and was so happy!UC was meant to be!The hospital here was soo yucky,I only liked one of the MWs and had to jump through hoops to see them,I lived in a military housing section that carded so I couldn't have a homebirth,we barely made it to a hospital that was around the corner and this one was 20-60 minutes away just about everything was pointing to UC.
Man- wasted my 5 minutes.Gotta do my own damage control.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

Old 09-15-2007, 03:31 AM

Zoebird, that is what we did, let go of the condoms and waited to see what would happen! It is much more fun and relaxing to do it that way, I think.

I had my first moment of doubt the other day... can I really do this? Up until now I have had no trouble visualizing the birth happenening at home and it's not that I can't do that anymore, it's just that some fear is creeping in. I have been like this the entire time I have known about uc: Sometimes I am so confident, nothing can sway me, and sometimes I think, what am I thinking? I know it will pass and I will be confident again but I needed to share

Cheryl, proud mama to Jackson... and a baby on the way!

User Tag List