Looks like I may not get my UC afterall...5th section...maybe. - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Could not read all of this without adding best of luck and lots of hugs!!! may you get the birth of your dreams and may the stress be releived somewhat.

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#62 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskennedy View Post
But clue me in, why can't you UC with a vertical incision? Haven't others?
Yes, others have. I do not personally consider it a "good risk." But not an issue anymore.

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#63 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 03:21 PM

First,

I have to say, in your shoes I would book with a midwife (if one is available) and stay home. Otherwise, I'd stay home. With a 1-50 chance of rupture, I'd play those odds.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#64 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
First,

I have to say, in your shoes I would book with a midwife (if one is available) and stay home. Otherwise, I'd stay home. With a 1-50 chance of rupture, I'd play those odds.
Where do you get a 1-50 odds estimate? Even WITH a classical cut it's much less than that.
Nope, no midwife. If I wanted intervention I'd see an OB, cheaper. Nothing against the great midwives here, but I have talked to some locally. No way am I paying someone to give me rules. I'm a big girl. UC or section. And UC is still looking good!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#65 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 04:10 PM

Oh, I'm so glad things are clearer and you still feel you can UC. I was all deflated thinking I was losing one of my UC due date buddies.

Mom to DD ('06) and DS ('08)
#66 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzbm View Post
Yes, others have. I do not personally consider it a "good risk." But not an issue anymore.
Does that mean the doc confirmed what you thought?
#67 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
First,

Quote:
Where do you get a 1-50 odds estimate? Even WITH a classical cut it's much less than that.
Nope, no midwife. If I wanted intervention I'd see an OB, cheaper. Nothing against the great midwives here, but I have talked to some locally. No way am I paying someone to give me rules. I'm a big girl. UC or section. And UC is still looking good!
If a classical cut has a 2.2% chance of rupture, that means it has a bit more than 2 in 100 chance, which means a bit more than a 1 in 50 chance. 1.1 in 50, actually.
#68 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feebeeglee View Post
If a classical cut has a 2.2% chance of rupture, that means it has a bit more than 2 in 100 chance, which means a bit more than a 1 in 50 chance. 1.1 in 50, actually.
But that's before labor, right? What are the odds during labor?
#69 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
No way am I paying someone to give me rules. I'm a big girl.
No doubt!

Greenlee's Forest *intentional jewelry* a secret Journal locket!
Me My Blog Mama to 7 babes & four spirit babies
#70 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Marie, I stumbled upon this thread today. I was prepared to offer you a great big bear . Now I get to do this:

: : :

GIP vibes
#71 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 05:27 PM

It sounded as though it may be an inverted T incision.... or not. Hard to tell.

If your gut says UC, the UC!

You can do it!

-Angela
#72 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarteralien View Post
Does that mean the doc confirmed what you thought?
Yup. It's low transverse. I - essentialy - called the first time wanting confirmation of the classical being vertical, of course he said "if it says classical that's what it is." Duh, my bad...should have read it all first & been more clear. Had a nice chat today...he is attending homebirths now even! He said, basically, he "cannot" attend a VBAC after more than one section but that there is no reason I can't be successful & wished me well. I do really like that man.

Premature panicking I suppose. Oh well.

#73 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 06:26 PM

Wow. How lovely that he was encouraging. It must make you feel even more confident, to have your OB telling you after 4 sections that you CAN do it.

Take care, wishing you all the best!

Kat

treehugger.gif Kat- mama to 6 little trees
#74 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 06:29 PM

That's awesome! Not that you need his approval, but it must feel good anyway! Congrats!
#75 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!

#76 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Yup. It's low transverse. I - essentialy - called the first time wanting confirmation of the classical being vertical, of course he said "if it says classical that's what it is." Duh, my bad...should have read it all first & been more clear. Had a nice chat today...he is attending homebirths now even! He said, basically, he "cannot" attend a VBAC after more than one section but that there is no reason I can't be successful & wished me well. I do really like that man.

Premature panicking I suppose. Oh well.

oh yay!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you.

man what an emotional rollercoaster you must have been on the last two days.

Can't wait to read about your UC this spring

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#77 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 08:38 PM

Your UC will be a victory if ever there was one! We are all here for you. I am so happy for you that you can go ahead with the UC plans.

Single mom to ds(8), dd(6) and ds(5)

#78 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 08:39 PM

i am so glad to hear that you got some answers! So the Uc is on and your stress is releived right?!? (does the i come before the e in releived?) That OB sounds like a great guy, the ladies birthing at home who choose him are pretty lucky to have him as a resource from what is sounds like.
Rock on mama, great news!
Angela
#79 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Katie!

Another cool, kind of surprising, update:

Earlier I had made several attempts to call my former OB, wasn't getting him. (Did later, obviously.) But I got it in my head to call the assisting OB. Turns out that was a good idea! I left a message and he just called me back. What a friendly guy, really! He pulled up my records on his computer and read THROUGH THEM WITH ME, he didn't have to do that & basically expained it (the surgery) step by step. He said he remembered my surgery as he didn't assist my OB that many times. He recalled a large amt. of scarring. I knew that. He said that there is NO WAY I have a classical cut, and the word "classical" is not even IN the operative report, technically. It's in the NURSES NOTES. He said they screw stuff up like that all the time. He said it's been a VERY long time (way more than 17 months) since he's even seen a classical incision. That there is "no earthly reason" for me to have gotten "that." I told him what I was doing and why I wanted to know. He didn't even pause, he just said "Wow, congratulations and good luck!" I'm telling you, different birth enviornment there. Here? Scary. But I am so glad I called him! LOL, a patient called and he said he was on an "important personal call" and said he'd call them back...not every day an OB makes you feel special! OK, done raving about OB's now! :

Good news all 'round!

#80 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaB View Post
i am so glad to hear that you got some answers! So the Uc is on and your stress is releived right?!? (does the i come before the e in releived?) That OB sounds like a great guy, the ladies birthing at home who choose him are pretty lucky to have him as a resource from what is sounds like.
Rock on mama, great news!
Angela
OMG, you DID put it in your sig.! :

#81 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 09:24 PM

WOW, Marie! WOW WOW WOW. See, if my first OB had been that way I may have been fine with hospital births. Kinda glad I'm here, though.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

#82 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 09:30 PM

Yeah its not often that the gods of wit bless me so I thought I should take advantage of the moment and since I believe what i wrote makes it all the more cool!
Angela
#83 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 09:34 PM

So glad for the good news! I can't wait to hear all about your awesome UC in April!

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#84 of 87 Old 08-29-2007, 11:53 PM

Just caught up on this ride How interesting that all was! And how interesting to my Inner Hippy that you were tested in this way
#85 of 87 Old 08-30-2007, 12:18 AM

You could also get care and "go along" with the c/s plans. That way you can know that you are going to UC at home, but if you feel you need to you can go to the hospital and have your c/s b/c you went into labor and they will think that's what you planned the whole time. I am 38 wks and hiring back up care w/midwives who deliver in a hospital this Friday for this same reason. If for some small reason I have to go I won't get treated like dirt. ykwim?

I would still VBAC if I was in your place. To tell you the truth, this is a HBA2C for me and I think I have horizontal incisions on my uterus, but I can not honestly say I know from my 2nd c/s if that is true. I chose not to even get my records and have focused all of my thoughts and energy on a asuccessful VBAC! I know I will have it no matter how the Doc cut me. But that's me.

I agree that you have to research and search within yourself what is best...not based on fears, but what you truly feel in your heart mama!

Either way, you will have tons of support here!
Lakin24 likes this.
#86 of 87 Old 08-30-2007, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetF View Post
And how interesting to my Inner Hippy that you were tested in this way
How funny for you to say that, I kinda felt like that too! :

#87 of 87 Old 08-30-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
! And thanks for answering my question, Marie! So glad you'll be UCing!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page