UCing with twins stories? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-26-2007, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering if anybody here has experience UCing twins? Any stories would be appreciated.

We aren't sure yet we're dealing with twins, but it's looking very suspicious at this point.

My first twins were vag but not home much less UC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2007, 11:01 PM

Have you seen the video, Psalm & Zoya? You should get it, it's awesome! Twins UC.

Laura, CBE and mom to Maddiewaterbirth.jpg ( 06/03/04) & Graceuc.jpg (  09/10/06)

Old 09-26-2007, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

I've heard of it! Sadly it costs. Hopefully some day.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:22 AM

Here's Mama Rabbit's story about UCing twins:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=717634

uc.jpg  lotbirth.gif   waterbirth.jpg 
Old 09-27-2007, 02:05 AM

yeah! i like Mama Rabbit's story!

::
Old 09-27-2007, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks!
Old 09-27-2007, 02:29 PM

Here is a little clip from the DVD of Psalm & Zoya. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4oSIYd-PM0
In case, you haven't already checked it out. I am not even having twins, but I am getting the DVD. It looks so cool. I know that unassistedchildbirth.com has some twin birth stories on there. Good Luck.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

thank you!
Old 09-27-2007, 06:27 PM

It does cost but it's totally worth buying the Psalm & Zoya video. I got a chance to see it when it was put up online (illegally) and it is fabulous!

Heres one
And another

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:37 PM

Can I ask how far along you are and what makes you think you are having twins again? I guess you probably would be able to tell easier than the average person since you have done it before. I ask because I've been wondering if I might be having twins this time. I would have to UC if it were twins or have a hospital birth, so I'm much prefer just 1 so I have the option of UC vs HB. Thanks for any info and good luck to you!

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

Old 09-27-2007, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Well, my first clues were symptoms in the 2ww. They were MUCH stronger than normal for me. I got an early positive test (11dpo, for me it is rare before 12-13dpo) and they darkened much more quickly than normal. DH mentioned it looked like I was already showing a little on 16dpo when we got my first blood test back at 624 (which is WAY above normal/average for that stage). The second done 2 days later was 1655 which is not only way higher but doubling faster than normal. All combined they're very suspicious to me.

eta:

my options are similar to yours. hospital birth (with family practice doc in local hospital where they only do epidurals when anesthesia is there ) or UC. The local m/w doesn't do twins, apparently.

Complicating my concerns is that I would WANT to stay with medical care long enough to make sure they weren't risky for TTTS if identical. I realize it's a very tiny risk of that happening again, but I wouldn't be at peace if I didn't know.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureMama3 View Post
Well, my first clues were symptoms in the 2ww. They were MUCH stronger than normal for me. I got an early positive test (11dpo, for me it is rare before 12-13dpo) and they darkened much more quickly than normal. DH mentioned it looked like I was already showing a little on 16dpo when we got my first blood test back at 624 (which is WAY above normal/average for that stage). The second done 2 days later was 1655 which is not only way higher but doubling faster than normal. All combined they're very suspicious to me.

eta:

my options are similar to yours. hospital birth (with family practice doc in local hospital where they only do epidurals when anesthesia is there ) or UC. The local m/w doesn't do twins, apparently.

Complicating my concerns is that I would WANT to stay with medical care long enough to make sure they weren't risky for TTTS if identical. I realize it's a very tiny risk of that happening again, but I wouldn't be at peace if I didn't know.
Thanks for the info. I understand why you would want to check for TTTS if you have dealt with it before. I didn't have any HCG blood tests done as I just see a HB midwife, so I don't know what my levels were. I do know that my symptoms were very strong right from the beginning. I have been amazed at how exhausted and emotional I have been compared to my other 2 pregnancies. Also the nausea has been pretty severe.

Also, my uterus is way bigger than even baby #2. I'm 11 weeks and my uterus is 2/3 up the way to my belly button I know you can get bigger with each child, but this is dramatic compared to my last pregnancy and I'm 100% sure on my dates. When I talked to my MW about it she said it could be twins and then told me not to worry about it as there isn't any reason to need to know right now. I don't plan on any u/s's so I'm hoping that if it is twins that I carry so that I don't measure far enough ahead that my MW would ask me to get an u/s. I wouldn't mind surprise twins Also, when she found a heartbeat last week it was pretty far to one side which I don't remember with my other 2. I wish I had some intuitive feeling about this, but I really don't.

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

Old 09-28-2007, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

does sound suspicious!
Old 09-28-2007, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I did a twin UC... just partial prenatal care.

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

Old 09-28-2007, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Hi MamaRabbit! I read your story, wonderful!

I'm really struggling with this right now and I'm sure part of it is my experience with a very complicated (truly, not ob-fiction) twin pregnancy before. I just keep trying to remind myself that every pregnancy is different....

User Tag List