Want opinions on UC with GD - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-11-2007, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have had 8 children. No c sections. First 4 in the hospital, a hb w/ mw, an UC, hb w/ mw and the last was also in the hospital.

I had Gd with the last 3 babies, shoulder dystocia with my UC and my last hb w/ mw that is what lead us to the hospital w/ the last.

I give birth just fine, I do worry about the should dystocias but for the most part haven't had any complications. I would love to birth at home with a mw, but the only mw in my area doesn't feel comfortable taking me as a client any longer. I am not mad about this as I understand her position and I would recommend her in a heart beat to ANYONE looking for a GREAT MW. But that leaves me only 2 options: hospital or UC.

I pretty much controlled the GD with diet the last 2 times and both time the babies were smaller in size. My last 3 childre were 13 lbs, 10 lbs 2 ozs and 9 lbs 7 ozs.

Would you feel comfortable with a UC birth if you had GD and were getting prenatal care from an OB? Just an ooops we waited too long to leave the house type thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2007, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I had a UC with DS and I was diagnosed with GD during that pg.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
Old 10-11-2007, 03:14 PM

I had GD with dd#2 (controlled with diet). It's why I ended up seeing an ob at all (my hb mw insisted on it). We "oops, she came to fast" uc'd with her and it was FANTASTIC! She was 10 lbs. even, I had a 3-1/2 hour labor, no tears, no sd, no blood sugar issues with her.

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

Old 10-11-2007, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

None of my GD babies had blood sugar issues. My main concern is size, not really weight but chest and head size. We didn't measure head or chest with our UC but with my mw attended hb with should dystocia my dds head measured smaller than her chest and we think that may have been the problem, not her weight. My last birth my ds's head was 15 inches and his chest smaller, we had no problem with his shoulders.

I am just 5 weeks along now so I have plenty of time to think it through and see where we go from there.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7kiddosmom View Post
None of my GD babies had blood sugar issues. My main concern is size, not really weight but chest and head size.
Ah, okay. I don't have any btdt for you, then. We didn't measure either her head or her shoulders. Or her length, for that matter.:

Best to you.

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

User Tag List