Guess whose water broke... - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 206 Old 12-09-2007, 12:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hugs and prayers mama! I hope you are both doing well....
#182 of 206 Old 12-09-2007, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Still checking in, wondering, sending you all happy healing vibes.
Love and light to you,
Chelsie

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#183 of 206 Old 12-09-2007, 07:59 PM

Checking in to see how you are both doing :

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#184 of 206 Old 12-09-2007, 08:20 PM

Sending hugs and well wishes to you and your family.

Crunchy, pagan, vegan,homeschooling wife and mother of 3 beautiful daughters and 2 wonderful sons

#185 of 206 Old 12-11-2007, 03:34 PM

Just sending more thoughts and prayers your way:-)
#186 of 206 Old 12-11-2007, 08:12 PM

checking in everyday

::
#187 of 206 Old 12-11-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reducereuserecycle View Post
checking in everyday

yup
#188 of 206 Old 12-12-2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reducereuserecycle View Post
checking in everyday
Me too!
#189 of 206 Old 12-14-2007, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry to fall off the face of the earth - just checking in to say, we made it home from the hospital almost 2 weeks ago and life has been busy, busy. Joseph is acting as far as I can tell like any normal "high need" infant. He is truly a miracle. My only lament at present is that he was "bottle spoiled" in the NICU by taking supplemental milk with a fast flow nipple. He *can* nurse, but he only chooses to do so once a day or so. I've been doing the pumping 8 times a day thing, and everything else, but I've realized I'm just going to have to let it go. I'm getting way too tired and it starts to seem ridiculous when I have to put down my baby who wants to be held in order to pump! But the bright side - I think that has to show some intelligence that he has figured out how to get the milk the fastest and easiest way! I just try to remember a few weeks ago we didn't know if we would have to bring him home with a feeding tube - what a blessing he can suck! Thanks so much for your thoughts, blessings & prayers - they worked!
#190 of 206 Old 12-14-2007, 08:41 PM

I was just coming here to check on you, and I got to read this wonderful update! I am so, so happy for you and your amazing baby!
#191 of 206 Old 12-14-2007, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bluefish View Post
Sorry to fall off the face of the earth - just checking in to say, we made it home from the hospital almost 2 weeks ago and life has been busy, busy. Joseph is acting as far as I can tell like any normal "high need" infant. He is truly a miracle. My only lament at present is that he was "bottle spoiled" in the NICU by taking supplemental milk with a fast flow nipple. He *can* nurse, but he only chooses to do so once a day or so. I've been doing the pumping 8 times a day thing, and everything else, but I've realized I'm just going to have to let it go. I'm getting way too tired and it starts to seem ridiculous when I have to put down my baby who wants to be held in order to pump! But the bright side - I think that has to show some intelligence that he has figured out how to get the milk the fastest and easiest way! I just try to remember a few weeks ago we didn't know if we would have to bring him home with a feeding tube - what a blessing he can suck! Thanks so much for your thoughts, blessings & prayers - they worked!
Yay!!!!!!!! What a fabulous update. I'm so glad for you.
#192 of 206 Old 12-14-2007, 08:58 PM

Woohoo Joseph and mama! So good to hear

I hope we get to see pictures....

Oh that's rough about the constant pumping......
#193 of 206 Old 12-14-2007, 09:10 PM

Oh I'm so glad to hear the update!! I've been praying for you guys.

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS
#194 of 206 Old 12-14-2007, 09:17 PM

i am *so happy* to hear from you and to learn things are going so well. the hard times with a needy child are always easier when you think of how it could have been, aren't they?

wishing you lots more health to come.
hcm

HCM- gentle, all-natural, unconditional mama to three boys (8,6,4) and new baby girl! baby.gif  goorganic.jpg bfinfant.gifhomeschool.gif

#195 of 206 Old 12-14-2007, 09:50 PM

Yay!! Thanks for the update
#196 of 206 Old 12-14-2007, 10:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
That sounds great! I'm glad all seems well!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#197 of 206 Old 12-14-2007, 11:04 PM

They scheduled an induction without discussing it with me, without talking to me about their concerns or anything?! I have seriously dodged a bullet!! If I don't agree to it by tomorrow night, they will drop me and won't be with me at the induction.

I don't what state you live in but in Maryland you can't be dropped this close to your due date. They would be in serious trouble. You might want to find out what your rights really are!

WHATEVER, I DON'T TRUST THEM AT ALL NOW!! Reason for my induction? The midwife determined that the water was low even though the tech whose advice she told me she trusted so much told us it was the proper level for this stage in pregnancy.

There was a good study in one of the American OB journals two years ago that said that low fluids by itself is not a legitimate reason for induction. So they are not even following the standard of care.

Then when I explain my concerns about having had PTSD in the past. I was told that as midwives they were not trained to help women with the mental aspects of labor and birth (???) just the physical

Well, heck gal, you got yourself some MEDWIVES. Midwives always help women with the emotional and mental aspects of birth. Just keep tuning in to your body. Even though you don't want to "shag" with ROM, you can still have dh stim to orgasam clitorally. It brings on some contractions trust me.
#198 of 206 Old 12-15-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bluefish View Post
Wow, sounds like he's doing great! Have you thought about an SNS with pumped milk so he gets more faster? Also tip the bottle so he doesn't get any milk for a few seconds when he starts, to make it more like breastfeeding. Sorry for all you've gone through...and nursing issues can be soooo trying...BTDT! But GREAT that he's not on a feeding tube!
#199 of 206 Old 12-15-2007, 01:48 PM

one tearie-eyed mama says, "PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!"

::
#200 of 206 Old 12-15-2007, 04:30 PM

Much love to you.
#201 of 206 Old 12-15-2007, 10:28 PM

:

Mom to DD ('06) and DS ('08)
#202 of 206 Old 12-15-2007, 10:32 PM

That's wonderful news. So glad things are looking up.
#203 of 206 Old 12-15-2007, 10:40 PM

#204 of 206 Old 12-15-2007, 10:51 PM

Yay!
#205 of 206 Old 12-16-2007, 01:32 AM

Amazing!

DS - 5! - adopted at birth after infertility, IUI, and IVF; DD - 4! - surprise pregnancy discovered when DS was 8 months old ; Hoping for another soon (actively TTC ~ 2 years)
#206 of 206 Old 12-16-2007, 11:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So glad to hear everyone is home! Hurray!! Congrats!
Chelsie

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page