UC transfering to hospital question? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-29-2007, 01:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, I highly doubt we will have to transfer for anything but in the event we do, would it be a smart idea to have a packet of stuff near our birth kit to grab before heading to the hospital? I mean, Ive printed up a letter that dh is keeping in his wallet, Im keeping one with me and we will have 1 at home ready to go just in case stating what will and what will not be done (no hep b, vit k, eye ointment, circ all that crap) but what about keeping numbers to the local ICAN chapter or LLL or something? Would that be smart? Or is it overkill? Would the local ICAN chapter support a UC? We are new to the area and I know we have an ICAN chapter and I dont think we did in Jax so I dont know anything about it here.. I am attending my first LLL meeting here next Thursday.

We have done a complete UP and have NO tests at all.. I did have an elective sonogram to see the sex but thats all.. nothing diagnostic and I didnt do any bloodwork.

We did tour the nearest hospital since we are new to the area and have no idea about anything and when I asked questions, it seemed horrible.. required parent-child separation.. even from daddy.. wth?? and she said everyone gets an epi?!!? Anyways, I said something about homebirthing in response to to a question and this being the backup (didnt mention UC though lol) and she said to be sure to have my prenatal care records with me in case of a transfer?!? I have none.. so what happens then?
#2 of 2 Old 11-29-2007, 01:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
personally I'd lie and say you just moved there. and, oops! lost the records in the move it won't hurt to bring/have ready a list of resource #'s with you and a birth plan though. good thinking.

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page