Hi! I'm new! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-21-2008, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone! I'm new to the boards, and DH and I are TTC #4, and, as of last night, are planning UP/UC. When we decided to get preg, we pretty much knew another hosptial birth was out of the question. (My first 3 births were all hospital and medicated, with my last 2 with pitocin. After my CHILDREN receiving glares and obnoxious looks from the last OB, I decided I would never, EVER again give birth in a hospital, if I could at all help it.) We decided on a homebirth, and were looking for midwives. I really wanted to do it all on my own, but we both, I think, felt more comfortable with a midwife there. I have a thyroid condition (Grave's Disease), and I think some seriouly unnecessary fear was put into me. I was a high risk pregnancy (can't really figure out why...) and the baby was supposed to be extremely low birthweight (he was 9 pounds 8 ounces). Yeah, I'm over doctors.

Anyway, the other night, I was randomly reading pregnancy stuff online, and I came across some UC websites. I was ABSOLUTELY in awe and loved the idea. Which, really, me being me, shocked me. Just a few weeks ago, I would have been on the "That is SO irresponsible" bandwagon. But, for some reason, I really felt led to this, and I worked up my courage to ask DH about it.

His first reaction is that we WERE going to have a midwife, and that was that, but after sending him the website, after about an hour and a half (he was watching the Giants game too LOL It took a while...) he finally looked up and was ALL about it. Honestly, I was floored how easy it was to have him agree!! We talked for a long, long time, and it's been a long time since I've felt that close to him. We both agree that this could do a lot in making our (already great!) marriage even stronger.

Like I said, we already have 3 kids, 6 1/2, 5, and 10 months. My older two were present at the birth of my youngest (not by choice, my mother, who was supposed to watch them, and I had a blow out, and she refused to take them), which was part of the problem with the OB. He didn't like other kids there. Tough luck on his part. They were SO well behaved, and so involved with the entire pregnancy. Making our next birth a completely FAMILY oriented event just feels perfect for us, and, did I mention we're EXCITED!!

That said, we're still waiting for that BFP, hopefully it will come this week!! In the meantime, I'm researching and fantasizing about what this birth will be.

Thanks for reading this novel!!! LOL

Kristi

Wife to 1 since 2000

Mom to 6 hippie.gif('01), jammin.gif ('02), superhero.gif('07), bouncy.gif ('09), energy.gif ('09), diaper.gif ('10)

homeschool.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2008, 09:02 PM

Hope you get another BFP soon!

Looking forward to knowing you better! Enjoy your UC journey!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:19 PM

*baby dust* good luck hon!
Old 01-22-2008, 12:26 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcomes!

Kristi

Wife to 1 since 2000

Mom to 6 hippie.gif('01), jammin.gif ('02), superhero.gif('07), bouncy.gif ('09), energy.gif ('09), diaper.gif ('10)

homeschool.gif

Old 01-22-2008, 08:20 AM

Welcome! How awesome you both found your heart's desire so easily! And it really can make a great marriage even greater!

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

Old 01-22-2008, 09:36 AM

Welcome!!
I am semi new to the list too, and we are currently TTC #5. We came to UC close to the same way you did, but we have 4 c-sections on our back. None of them , in my opinon for good reason (one - HBP/fetal distress, two-fear, three- bait and switch and four - HBP (after seeing a midwife that was horriable and not my regular person) Anyway I have my own healing to do from those births and are well on my way. We are soooo excited about this next birth, which I think is HUGE, considering that all my other births seem to be surrounded in fear, from the positive preg test and all the way through. But I am ready for this , and ready to take things into my own hands.
Alas, I look forward to talking to you more! sending you lots of baby vibes.
cheers
sarah

User Tag List