What did you use as proof of pregnancy if you didn't see a dr? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 02-09-2008, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm gathering my stuff together to apply for the birth certificate. The state would like dr.'s notes as proof of pregnancy and proof of child. They will also accept baptismal certificate as proof of child, so I'm gonna go that route. They'll accept the statement of the church I attended as proof of pregnancy. But I never saw a dr. or went to a church.

I'm not worried. I'm going to get statements from as many people as I can that I was pregnant, and I have some friends seeking out sympathetic drs to offer their help.

I'm just curious, because I can't be the only one who never saw a dr. during my pregnancy. With my last UC, I ended up at the dr. for postpartum care a week after birth, so that counted as my proof of pregnancy. But this time, no need to see a dr

What did you use as proof?
#2 of 14 Old 02-11-2008, 01:17 AM

I did a complete UP/UC without ever seeing a doctor/midwife or obtaining an official proof of pregnancy. I went to go see a midwife at maybe 7 weeks or so postpartum and brought the baby with. She examined me(yes, I got a pelvic exam, but didn't mind as I used this as an opportunity to be fitted for a new diaphragm). She was very nice and an ND, as well. She even warmed up the speculum for me under warm water. She did a checked on the baby(nothing invasive) i.e. weight(I even put him on the scale myself), measurement, etc., and asked permission for anything she did. I held the baby the whole time, except for the pelvic. DH did then. Then she wrote up a letter for me on her letterhead saying that she had examined both mother and child. From her examination, she was able to verify that I was so many weeks postpartum and the child I presented with coorelated to the date of birth of blah, blah.. Just find out what info needs to be on the letter. For instance, in Washington, you need the mother and baby's full name and date of birth and our address, if I remember correctly all on the letter. You then just tell the midwife that what needs to be on the letter.
She gave me a copy of our records stating we were both in good health, too.
I hope that helps.
#3 of 14 Old 02-11-2008, 03:30 PM

You can usually go to your local health department, take a urine test and an RN will give you a signed proof of pregnancy thingie.

Mama to DS (3/7/06)om.gif, DSD  hearts.gif(11/17/02), DD (1/16/08 )energy.gif ,  DS2 (5/30/10) sleepytime.gif and Baby Quinn angel.gif (R.I.P 3/22/13)

#4 of 14 Old 02-11-2008, 07:11 PM

I went to my local health department which gives a free urine test and then provides several spiffy bits of official paper.

If the baby's already born, try signed statments from a couple non-related witnesses "I know Jane Smith and she was clearly pregnant" or whatever.
#5 of 14 Old 02-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Banned

an employer would be a good option for a notorized letter as proof of pregnancy.
#6 of 14 Old 02-12-2008, 03:12 PM

I had taken my oldest to the pediatrician for a nasty infection while I was pg (we do try to avoid, but I had exhausted my homeopathic efforts). The ped happened to make note in ds's file that I was pg... How great was that? SO - I called the ped and reminded them. They looked it up and pulled those notes and wrote a little letter saying that I was x# of wks pg at that time (which clearly corresponded to my due date). I turned that in with

Maybe there is another "trusted source" that has made note of your pg that you haven't thought of? Chiro or someone at the health food store?

Momma to ds bikenew.gif6/02 (med free hospital), dd pinktongue.gif10/04 hb, ds diaper.gif6/08 hb, and ds babyboy.gif hb 1/12/11
#7 of 14 Old 02-15-2008, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not worried. I've dealt with this dept. of health before, and they're pretty easy going. They don't want to keep me from getting a bc, they just need a few i's dotted to get through the red tape. I have several friends in alternative medicine, I plan on getting notarized statements from them. That will suffice, I'm sure.

But I don't WANT to see a dr. I didn't WANT to pee on a stick. (And I don't have an employer.) None of it jives with me. And why should I do things I don't want to do just to please the state?

I figured other people might've been in the same boat and was curious what they did.
#8 of 14 Old 02-16-2008, 04:23 AM
L J

I went to a local clinic where a nurse-friend of mine worked when I was about 9 months pregnant and peed on a stick for her. LOL. She wrote me up a proof of pregnancy, and then when she saw my baby when he was a few weeks old (not to examine, just to lay eyes on) she wrote up my proof of live birth.

I know in the notes in my homebirth packet, it said that a statement from any individual, if notarized, would suffice.

Laura, mama to Henry 01.28.07 uc.jpg
candle.gif missing Jack, born still in the car 08.23.10 at 36 weeks 
Loving on Catherine, my  rainbow1284.gif 09.01.11, UC

#9 of 14 Old 02-16-2008, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XmasEve View Post
But I don't WANT to see a dr. I didn't WANT to pee on a stick. (And I don't have an employer.) None of it jives with me. And why should I do things I don't want to do just to please the state?
:!!! Best to you and babe.
#10 of 14 Old 02-17-2008, 01:30 PM

we did 2 forms notorized of friends who saw me pregnant. town hall provided it.

Mama to 5 babies. UCer, too!
#11 of 14 Old 02-17-2008, 04:19 PM

Two notorized affadavits from family members attesting that they witnessed me pregnant.

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
Oh how I miss the days of femalesling.GIF  nak.gifcd.gif  
#12 of 14 Old 02-18-2008, 02:14 PM

My dh's work threw me a baby shower and one of the girls that was in attendance signed an affidavit that she was witness to my being pregnant, it was notarized at their work, and she provided a copy of her ID. That was all I used.

Crunchy, Christ-lovin' mama to dd13, ds8, dd6, dd5, ds3  homeschool.gif intactlact.gif saynovax.gifuc.jpg

#13 of 14 Old 02-18-2008, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsrock View Post
My dh's work threw me a baby shower and one of the girls that was in attendance signed an affidavit that she was witness to my being pregnant, it was notarized at their work, and she provided a copy of her ID. That was all I used.
Ooo, that's a good excuse to have someone throw me a baby shower next time...
#14 of 14 Old 02-18-2008, 05:58 PM

No advice, but congrates on the new little guy

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page