Pregnant Mamas in March thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 134 Old 03-15-2008, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mammal_mama View Post
Aren't you the mama who's doing her first UC after C-section? I think that's so wonderful ... and it's sounds like you're about to have your precious baby any moment now! Just hang in there!
4 of 'em! Thanks! And, I hope so!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#62 of 134 Old 03-15-2008, 05:14 PM

Hi, I'm new here, as most of you know.

I'm 26 weeks and doing great!! I have trouble with SPD pain, but I've been seeing a chiro and taking it slow, and I'm in lots better shape than I was last pg. I'm very excited about my pg and labor, and I'm just trying to enjoy it. I am getting impatient, with all these mamas about to go into labor, since I've got a ways to go...

I'm just converted to UP/UC, planning a UC for June. Otherwise, feeling happy and healthy.

Emily
#63 of 134 Old 03-15-2008, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

30 minutes to go, M, are you having ctx yet???? You need to be in active labor in 30 minutes!! LOL

We're doing great over here... just had the party... and it was the first time my house was ever totally clean, inside & out. DS ate something yesterday that gave him diarrhea today... (M, if you changed THIS DIAPER RIGHT HERE, you'd go into labor, I swear! Your little girl would be RUNNING out of that uterus!). We'll be in an internet-free zone this evening and most of tomorrow so I won't be able to check back and see pictures of M's little baby ( ) until tomorrow afternoon.

23 weeks, have an appt this Thursday...

I had a dream last night about my labor, and the MW was actually there. I was 4cm the entire dream (aka nightmare) and never went beyond that. It was just days of half-assed labor. And she wouldn't leave!!! She said, "I have a family thing later today (day 3 of my labor) but i'll have to skip it" and I was like "GO GO GO GO GO!!!" So I could just HAVE the baby already!!

Big sign? LOL tell me about it!!

Sunny coolshine.gif: gun toting, retired breastfeeding, car seat loving, guitar playing, home birthing and schooling mama to Jakob (10.06), Mikah (07.08) and Korah (07.11). uc.jpg 

#64 of 134 Old 03-15-2008, 06:30 PM

Nothing earth shattering, sorry to disappoint! I WAS hoping you were on to something...:

Diaper so bad it induces labor? Wow, hope you used gloves!

Maybe you meant NEXT Sat.? Please?!?

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#65 of 134 Old 03-15-2008, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah. I sent him away by himself to the in-laws and they had "free reign" as far as feeding went... AAAAAHH!!!! LOL.

Maybe next saturday. Right before Easter Sunday!

Sunny coolshine.gif: gun toting, retired breastfeeding, car seat loving, guitar playing, home birthing and schooling mama to Jakob (10.06), Mikah (07.08) and Korah (07.11). uc.jpg 

#66 of 134 Old 03-15-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymw View Post
Yeah. I sent him away by himself to the in-laws and they had "free reign" as far as feeding went... AAAAAHH!!!! LOL.

Maybe next saturday. Right before Easter Sunday!
That would be the 22nd, and cool as DD's bday is the 21st of this month.

#67 of 134 Old 03-16-2008, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

M's last post was at 9:17am. Maybe it happened TODAY at 5:15pm! LOL

#68 of 134 Old 03-17-2008, 12:35 AM

Quote:
M's last post was at 9:17am. Maybe it happened TODAY at 5:15pm! LOL
No such luck!

#69 of 134 Old 03-18-2008, 01:36 AM

Ok,
I just hit that stage where I want this baby out now!!!!!!!! I am so nauseated and having reflux/heartburn issues. Last night I actually woke out of a dead sleep knowing that I had only seconds to make it to the toilet to :Puke. (I've never had throwing up issues with my other pregs) I retched so hard I peed myself. I thought for a sec that my water broke...I scared my Dh, because of how fast I bolted out of bed. It was 1:30 am. I went back to sleep and had recurring dreams of my water breaking. I am so tired. I long to sleep on my back and my tummy. I always forget how miserable the last days of pregnancy are. I think if I remembered I wouldn't ever get pregnant again. Hope all those near delivery are fairing better than I.

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#70 of 134 Old 03-18-2008, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Oooooh man, I just don't DO throwing up. I've already had my fair share this pg so I hope I don't have any close to D-day

#71 of 134 Old 03-20-2008, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Well, we went to go see the MW today. DH and I have decided to continue prenatal care and just not call when labor starts... unless we transfer to the hospital, or I have heavy meconium in my waters.

I gained 4 lbs... one per week... absolutely perfect and on the low side. My UTI went away (W/O antibiotics, ). My blood pressure was as low as always (95/65?). We got to listen to the heart beat with a fetoscope... and now that I know it can be picked up with the $7 ebay fetoscope, DH and I are going to get one. YAY, no more doppler... we've had the doppler used three times this pregnancy and I was ready to be done with it!!

Anyway, at 20 weeks we found out that the baby has small choroid plexus cysts on his brain... no big issue at all, they usually resolve by 28-30 weeks. We discussed the options... A) Amniocenesis (well, we didn't discuss this... it was a given that we would NOT be doing one)... B) Get another ultrasound, or C) do nothing. I wanted to do nothing, since it doesn't matter to me whether the CPCs are still there at the birth or not and since other markers for Trisomy 18 (CPCs are a sooooooft marker) would have been apparent on the first ultrasound. DH wanted to get another ultrasound (even though we can't afford it since our insurance company likes screwing people) just to make him feel better... we're not looking for whether they disappeared or not, we're looking in detail for OTHER markers.

Then we discussed the what-ifs of other markers being found... would I want to deliver in the hospital? At home? Etc... DH and I came to the decision that if the baby DID have T-18 (most aren't born alive, and a very very few actually live a few years) that we would stay home to birth. We would both rather, if the baby was going to die, that it do so in loving arms of its family versus an isolated box Anyway, DH and I aren't really worried b/c the heart, brain, lungs, intestines, feet, etc were all perfect... and those are the places where issues would normally be found.

So in another 4 weeks I'll go back for another $677 ultrasound that won't tell me anything I want to know... we wouldn't be in the fiasco in the first place, but DH HAD to know the gender, so we HAD to get the elective 20-weeker. And I SO wish we hadn't in the first place. Now we'll have a total of 3 ultrasounds this pregnancy, which to ME personally (and I know that most of you are different on this ) is too many. One was too many. LOL.

Anyway... overall the appointment went well. Heart rate was 140 even. Uterus was 24cm exactly.

If you got through my novel you deserve a cookie!!!

#72 of 134 Old 03-21-2008, 06:59 AM

Awww, Sunny - YOU deserve a cookie! Huge 's to you!!!

#73 of 134 Old 03-21-2008, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I think I'm going to make me some chocolate chip ones today. MmmmMMMMMMmmm....

And you deserve a cookie for your patience LOL

#74 of 134 Old 03-21-2008, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzbm View Post
Awww, Sunny - YOU deserve a cookie! Huge 's to you!!!
Yeah, that! Big

Susan -- married unschoolin' WAHMomma to two lovely girls (born 2000 and 2005).
#75 of 134 Old 03-21-2008, 03:58 PM

I can't wait for this next week to go by! I have just been anxious about going into labor too early and having to head to the hospital to make sure the baby was okay. Ugh. I'm 35 weeks tomorrow and I want to go to 40+ so I can birth in my new house with the nice tub and the whole upstairs to myself away from my MIL.

If it happens that I go into labor before the house is ready, we are seriously considering going to a hotel. There's a bunch downtown right next to the hospital, like within walking distance, so that is a plus. DH keeps making comments about having room service deliver some steaks for a PP meal. I don't think I would mind, I've got plenty of stuff I could cover the hotel floors/sheets with. LOL. I think he needs a vacation from his mom as much as I do.

In other news, I have been soooo emotional the last two days. I just want to cry for no reason. Nothing's bothering me, the house is clean, the baby stuff is pretty much ready, the freezer has over a week's worth of dinners in it, the house is practically all packed up and ready to go. But every time I look at my dd and think about how fast she's growing up, or think about how much I love my dh, I want to start bawling. I thought that was supposed to be something that happened earlier in the pregnancy? I've never gotten weepy before.

Mom to DD ('06) and DS ('08)
#76 of 134 Old 03-21-2008, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
6 weeks, nauseous and sleeping lots
#77 of 134 Old 03-21-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Thanks, I think I'm going to make me some chocolate chip ones today. MmmmMMMMMMmmm....

And you deserve a cookie for your patience LOL
Thanks! I actually made some yesterday - out of a box but they were good...soft and gooey! (I hate crispy cookies. )

#78 of 134 Old 03-22-2008, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzbm View Post
Thanks! I actually made some yesterday - out of a box but they were good...soft and gooey! (I hate crispy cookies. )

Me too. Gotta be chewey. When I don't feel like making from scratch, I do the naughty and get the roll of dough, and undercook them a hair so they're all falling apart when they come out. It's one of my unhealthy horrible vices. Mmmm...

As far as actual pregnancy... this weekend I've been a bit nauseous... and my left knee/leg has been KILLING me, just like the last pg. Weird. And annoying. And then my belly was sore. At least my UTI is finally gone (yeah, it could have been gone earlier, but I have the WORST pill-taking memory)

#79 of 134 Old 03-23-2008, 01:40 AM

I'm nearing 12 weeks and starting to feel like a human being again. I met with my midwife today and she was super supportive of whatever I want. She said if I want to wait until after the birth to call her she will come and help us clean up. If I do decide during labor to call her I know that my birth space will still be respected and that my husband and I will be the only people to touch the baby. I am so glad I have such a fantastic midwife available to me.

I am still going strong with nursing my DD. I've been taking the More Milk Two tincture from Motherlove and I find that it really helps with nursing agitation. It came back so bad the two days I didn't take it and it went away as soon as I started taking it again. Plus the herbs in it are also good for boosting iron levels.

I started feeling flutters the past week and a half or so. It feels like a miracle to me that my baby can be so tiny still and I can feel her already. Amazing.
#80 of 134 Old 03-23-2008, 12:01 PM

39 weeks...come ON out little girl!

#81 of 134 Old 03-23-2008, 08:42 PM

baby is here will be back with details

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#82 of 134 Old 03-23-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlemamma View Post
Congrats!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear all about it!!

#83 of 134 Old 03-23-2008, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

#84 of 134 Old 03-24-2008, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Yay!

Susan -- married unschoolin' WAHMomma to two lovely girls (born 2000 and 2005).
#85 of 134 Old 03-24-2008, 03:57 PM

Congratulations!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#86 of 134 Old 03-24-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Congratulations!!! Enjoy your babymoon.
#87 of 134 Old 03-25-2008, 07:19 AM

24 weeks today and finally have this huge belly, LOL. Getting harder to breathe and sit and lay down comfortably.. and forget bending over to pick things up! Baby isn't nearly as active as it was before. Guessing running out of room or finally finding its sleep/awake cycle or both.

I feel pretty good though.

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

#88 of 134 Old 03-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Banned

i'm nearly 18 weeks (tomorrow), and the belly is finally showing.

well, i see it at least. movement is cool.
#89 of 134 Old 03-25-2008, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

I totally can't believe how different this pregnancy feels from DS1. With him, I got huge, fast (gained 15lbs the 1st tri, whereas this time I haven't even gotten halfway to 15lbs YET!) and was uncomfortable from about 18 weeks on. I still feel relatively un-pregnant even now... I can still bend over, sit, walk, do things, wash dishes, breathe... with him I just got to the point where I couldn't do many of those things (which of course made me gain MORE weight! I gained about 65ish with him). I'm not sure if it's because I'm eating better, or because I started out a little lighter (15-20lbs) to begin with, or because I exercised more the 1st tri... either way, I've been growing a stomach this time, not, as so many people asked "a set of twins in the stomach, and another in each thigh"...

It's just amazing how different each one can be--and it's not a gender thing, this one is also a boy! Here's some interesting pics...

20 weeks with Jake
27 weeks with Jake

18 weeks with 2e
22 weeks with 2e
24 weeks with 2e

And, just for fun, even though I'm not there yet w/ this guy
37 weeks with Jake, last preggo pic, 1 week before D Day

I was complaining to DH the other day "Man, what is this, I can hardly eat a thing! It's like I'm in the last trimester already or something!" He said, "baby, I believe that's next week..."
No. Idea... how that snuck up on me!

#90 of 134 Old 03-25-2008, 08:16 PM

Well I've been online for about a week now and realized that I've just been reading around and not saying much! I'm 12 weeks today already and feel like things are good except that I am "sick and tired of being sick and tired". I thought at the beginning of this week that I was feeling better but today was a doozie : My belly has had a small bump for quite some time, I think finally enough for a picture soon, or whenever I can get my butt off the couch

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page