Pregnant Mamas in March thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 134 Old 03-09-2008, 03:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't see one, so I thought I'd start one.

How are things going? How far along are you?

I'm currently 22 weeks and still nursing my 17 month old. I've gotten to where I can't wear him on my front anymore because it just plain hurts, so back carries only!

I am still seeing a MW for prenatal care and wondering how the heck to bring up the "I don't want you at the birth, for real" issue. She knows I had every intention of UCing before I "found" her... (HBMW are few and far between here...). We met with her because she had doula services and I did want a doula there, and she was comfortable with acting as a doula at a UC. When we finally met in person she busted out that she's REALLY a HBMW. Of course DH, who was still not ok with UC at the time, was thrilled, and so we set up prenatal care... now DH is excited about UC, but we don't know what to say to her... aaaaaaahhhh....

We also had our 20 week ultrasound (DH's request if we were to UC) and found choroid plexus cysts. Supposedly we have to go for another u/s at 28 weeks to make sure they are gone... but even if they AREN'T, is it really going to affect my UC? I mean honestly? I've heard from a lot of people that there is no effect on function/life at all, so I'm wondering WHY I have to go back to "make sure they're gone"... ah well.

Anyway, enough about me. I have to pee for the 3,000th time today. I'm NEVER up this late (1:17am, but at 2am it's suddenly going to be 3am... DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TONIGHT, PEOPLE) but DS's schedule is getting allllll messed up. So I need to go to bed before he wakes up at, like, six.

Let's hear about your pregnancies. How's it going? Share your worries, concerns, excitements, etc.

Sunny coolshine.gif: gun toting, retired breastfeeding, car seat loving, guitar playing, home birthing and schooling mama to Jakob (10.06), Mikah (07.08) and Korah (07.11). uc.jpg 

#2 of 134 Old 03-09-2008, 06:34 AM

The same here, heh.. I'll be 23 weeks soon, still nursing my 2 year old girl. I'm seeing a midwife to avoid the birth registration crap we went through last time. Just not many meetings with her. And learning about how homebirth can be paid for by the gov't. Wow do they ahve strict guidelines you and the baby have to meet, heh. The midwife says she is comfortable wtih coming out afterwards or with sitting somewhere outside our house whichever we prefer. So that's good she's okay with it. Also found out that if for some reason we do need to go to a hospital, she will transer with us and some hospitals she has rights to continue as our midwife and others not, but will act as a doula in that case. So that is a very comforting thought.

All of my dreams and thoughts on how the birth will go are quite smooth and calm and fairly quick, so I doubt we will need those services of hers

Baby is moving a lot, kicking and nudging and rolling. I love this part of pregnancy, before baby gets so heavy I can' tbreathe or move well.

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

#3 of 134 Old 03-09-2008, 11:24 AM

I'm here! I'm 37 weeks now, wow! Chugging along, nothing really new...

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#4 of 134 Old 03-09-2008, 12:19 PM

I am 37 weeks and 4 days only 17 days to go! I always deliver early so it might be less than that. I am having a lot of pre-birth prep so I am very cranky! I am also all of a sudden very hungry. I can't seem to get enough to eat.

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#5 of 134 Old 03-09-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlemamma View Post
I am also all of a sudden very hungry. I can't seem to get enough to eat.
OMG...SAME HERE!!! I can NOT stop eating!!! :

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#6 of 134 Old 03-09-2008, 01:34 PM

Hi! I'm here. 31 weeks and 6-8 to go! This is my first baby, total UP and UC. So far I'm doing great overall. I move very slowly to prevent getting soreness and pain in my sacrum, pubic synthesis, and down my legs, but today I feel great, no soreness yet, and so long as I take it very slow and easy that should continue.

DH and I came down with some sort of respiratory/sore throat thing and, though it has never busted into a high fever, it has a low fever and just won't seem to go away. It's lingered for over a week, now, and I am really tired of it. I am hoping and praying for it to finally go away. Woke up feeling pretty good today, just a slight bit of the usual morning sore throat and coughing.

I'm absolutely loving being off work and getting lots of rest and reading time. It feels very good to me to slow down and relax and enjoy myself. I feel lots of baby movement and I am so excited that s/he will be here so soon!

I've felt confident about the pregnancy and birth from the very beginning. I was more concerned about the post-natal time, just about how I would manage my time and whether I would feel overwhelmed by too much to do. But I'm feeling pretty good about that now, too. Learning in pregnancy to take it slow and easy will carry over, I think.
#7 of 134 Old 03-09-2008, 01:50 PM

I'm still pregnant as well 21 weeks and a few days.

I'm am going through a lot, but feeling pretty okay. I need to move and fast. I'm living with my DH, but we are seperating. I realy want my own space back, I had an apartment, but the managmement was crazy there (racsit remarks and lying, furnace problems etc.) soI moved back in. Now we plan to move back to the city, which I am thrilled about, but it can't happen soon enough!! We have to sell our house first and it's all a big headache right now.

Movements have been great, it's so nice to finally feel things on a regular basis!! I keep having dreams, that I give birth (to a daughter) but for some reason it's always in the hospital. The most recent one, there were two attendants (I htink they were both male) and they tried taking the baby from me after I caught her, I told them certainly not, put her to the breat and they walked away. It's always been unassisted, but in a white, hospital like place. So weird. Probably just my fears manifesting. I am quite terrified of hospitals ( and wiht good reason IMO)
#8 of 134 Old 03-09-2008, 02:47 PM

17 weeks here. First baby so the only way I can tell I'm pregnant is breast changes. I'm seeing an OB so that there's less fuss if I transfer (trust me, for me, if I've got a back-up plan I won't need it, if I don't have a back-up plan I will need it).
#9 of 134 Old 03-09-2008, 05:09 PM

36 weeks some odd days here! Which means anywhere between 1-5 weeks left. We're in *no rush* . I love how everyone reacts when I give them the answer of when I am due though.

Things are going fine for the most part. My family has really been putting the pressure on me of what is going on with our birth. Since I no longer have shadowed care. It's hard to dance around the reality of the situation, since I do not wish to lie to anyone. :/
I get the constant questions of.. "what are you going to do? Who is attending? Dont you think you should find someone? Don't you think you should go to the hospital? I don't think I would do that. It's not safe. You have to have someone there.. With all the problems you had last time.. (the only problem I had was because I was at a hospital).

My mom has seemed to come to grips with.. "well if you call the paramedics are you crowing you should be okay..". My dad thinks I am completely nutso, even though my grandmother had each of her 6+ children at home. My dad was 12 pounds, and breech no less. My sister also thinks I am nuts. But more because when she gets pregnant she is signing herself up for an automatic c-section with drugs so she will never fell the pains of labor. She can't wrap her mind around the fact just because I am pregnant doesn't mean that I am uneducated. Because OMG, the doctors aren't there to think for me!
That while yes, there are things that no one can control at home, there are also things that you can not control with birth either. Even in hospital.

It's hard not to let it get to you, to shake your confidence a bit. They keep saying how nervous they are for me, and how scared they are (nice eh?). And I keep on telling them that they should use that energy to think positive for a good outcome instead.
#10 of 134 Old 03-09-2008, 05:34 PM

35 weeks here, and feeling uneasy.

This is baby #4, and I'm planning my third UC... Except maybe not. I keep having worries pop up, which make me think, maybe a UC is not in the cards, which is weird, because this pregnancy has been SO GREAT. However latest issue is a bit more worrisome- my fundal height doesn't seem to be increasing normally. I've been small for dates since 18 or 20 weeks or so, but didn't measure between 28 and 35 weeks because we were moving. Well, my growth fell WAY OFF in that time. So now I need to decide what to do. At 35 weeks, if I am going to find a HCP, I need to do it now. I'm pretty sure there is a combination of factors going on here- position (baby is alternating breech and transverse, I think), smaller than average babe after three larger than average babies (two over 9 #), and possibly low amniotic fluid. But what if I'm wrong, and it is something more serious?

Blah.

Laura, mama to J (15), N (12), E (9) , M (6), and our little caboose, R (3).
#11 of 134 Old 03-09-2008, 11:49 PM

I'm 12weeks 1day and past the morning sickness, though I get dizzy in the morning shower. I'm nursing my 22 month old, and it's been really painful and irritating. I think she's getting some molars right now. Plus I think since my supply is dwindling, she's been not so much nursing as holding the nipple in her mouth and tonguing it (shudder). I nightweaned her which has been helpful in getting enough sleep to function, and she continues to nurse 6-8 times throughout the day. She's very attached to "boobie." I've gone through periods of wanting to wean completely (and DP isn't helping with that) but I know that it's not what I truly want to do at this point. I don't want to wean Maddy early; I originally planned on CLW and then got pregnant. DP got me at a weak moment and I prayed I wasn't pregnant afterwards, but I'm very fertile!

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to a UC this time. I look forward to a different experience of birth, not only different circumstances but just a whole different birth entirely. I had a UP last time with a last minute chosen midwife and a great doula. I didn't like the midwife at all, I felt she betrayed my trust and was a dark spot on my otherwise wonderful home waterbirth. I may have the doula again to help with DP and DD, since she is someone I trust to stay out of the way. I wanted to UC last time and she knew it and was really supportive of the idea.

Overall, the pregnancy is going exactly as the last one did, so I think I'm having another girl! I will be shocked if it's a boy!

I'm a proud mama of two girls! 4/30/06 Madeline, 09/25/08 Amelia
--**I'm here to share my mistakes and learn from yours**--
#12 of 134 Old 03-11-2008, 11:16 AM

I'm here, 12 weeks 3 days. I was really hoping that the m/s would go away by now, but I should have known better. With DD1 I was sick for 5 months, DD2 for 6 months. I imagine this one will be longer. I spent most of the first weeks just nauseous, never actually throwing up, until recently. Unfortunately, each time that happens I cross whatever I was eating off my list, and it's getting shorter and shorter. I drink one caffeinated beverage a day, but I can't drink soda, regular tea, or chai tea now, so what should I do? I can't even stand the smell of coffee, and I'll only drink it iced, but I can't make it b/c of the smell...

Anyway, I'm seeing a m/w, I've only seen her once so far since she went to Africa for a month. I have another appt with her on Friday, hopefully we'll hear the heartbeat. She knows about my UC plans, and is very supportive. I tend to have fast labors (5 hours and 2 hours), so there's a good chance she wouldn't make it here even if I wanted her to. Of course, this one could be a complete change and be a 24 hour labor. Who knows?

I've felt the tiniest bits of movement, once or twice, when I was laying in bed on my stomach. I absolutely love that part of pregnancy (it's the only part I like, actually), and I want to savor it as much as possible since this is probably our last bio baby.

We want to wait to find out the gender (though it's so tempting to find out!), but I'm feeling boy. Everyone thinks it's a boy too. I guess we'll see in September!

Mom to DD#1 8/04, nursed 43 months, DD#2 8/06, nursed 21 months and DD#3 9/08, still nursing strong
#13 of 134 Old 03-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Banned

i'm 15 wks and 6 days, and doing well.

we're doing UP as well as UC, and very happy with the process.

i think i feel movement--it feels like tickling from the inside, and it comes and goes. sometimes it feels like i have to pee--that sort of tickling--but i don't have to go at all.

libido is back in spades too.
#14 of 134 Old 03-11-2008, 11:52 AM

Laura, I think your intuition is telling you something for a reason. It may honestly be nothing, and if it is, great! Then you can continue on with your plans for UC in confidence.

But if your instinct is telling you that something might just be off, I would follow it to the doctor.

I hope it turns out to be absolutely nothing, and you go on to have a worry-free rest of your pregnancy, and a wonderful birth! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

Sprat sleepytime.gif, Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig reading.gif, the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, and now Sprout fly-by-nursing1.gif walking, talking, how on earth is she this big?! Rainbow.gif on earth.gif begins with homebirth.jpg.

#15 of 134 Old 03-11-2008, 12:11 PM

Obviously still pregnant here too
Just over the 28 week mark and I'm feeling great!
I am nesting like CRAZY, but I'm stranded - it's spring break, no work, so I should be out and about but we're working with one car right now (blech!) and I have absolutely nothing to do! The freezer is PACKED with food, house is spotless, all my flowers and veggies are started and growing, and I have grand plans what I'll do once I DO get out lol!

Baby is very busy and can't seem to decide if he prefers transverse or breech, and enjoys tickling my tummy from the inside with his toes! It's the weirdest sensation that I don't remember from DS1, but cool nonetheless!

I've been seeing a HB midwife, the same one I had last time. I haven't brought it up that I don't want her there, my next appointment is next week. Although if we still only have one car I'll just cancel and re-schedule. I don't really get much from my prenatal appointments besides getting to chat pregnancy stuff which DH DOES get bored of eventually lol!

I still want to pick up a few herbal/homeopathic remedies for labour and birth, other than that I am good to go!
Oh and the glass bottle issue *rolleyes* still need to find some SOMEWHERE lol!

I thought I was clever by booking off work a week before my "due" date. But now I've been thinking - what am I going to do besides lay around and watch the minutes tick by? And I do expect to go at least a week over again lol! Ah well...

DH and I - totally winging life with our four children, DS1 (6.5yrs), DS2 (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and DS3 (1)!

#16 of 134 Old 03-11-2008, 01:06 PM

I'm 26 weeks and a few days, were doing UP at the moment, I am supposed to be picking a midwife but havn't gotten around to it I am wanting a UC with a backup mw just in case... This pregnancy has been awesome, I havn't gained near as much weight as last time, I was HUGE last time, too many carbs And I feel great, which is better than last time also. I guess keeping up with a 17 month old helps.
#17 of 134 Old 03-11-2008, 01:55 PM

It's going well here.

I'm tired and get up to pee at LEAST five times every night and I'm so darn tired of these BH contractions!

Since I'm so easily irritated and just want to hold my baby I know it won't be too much longer. I'm at 37 weeks now so I'd be happy whenever this babe decides he/she is ready to be born.

We have our birth supplies ready to go and I think we have all the baby stuff ready to go as well. I've typed up menus of food the guys (DH and my DS) can cook in the early postpartum weeks. I also put together a three page list of stuff I do around the house that they'll need to do while I babymoon. If nothing else it's a reminder of all that I DO do around here!
#18 of 134 Old 03-11-2008, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi! I'm somewhere between 6 and 11 weeks along -- probably closer to 6 ... my cycles haven't got regular yet as I still have a nursing toddler, so the 11 weeks would be if I got pregnant after my last period just before Christmas, but I don't feel like it happened that soon.

We had our first dd in hospital, our second dd at home with assistance, and now dh and I are strongly considering UP and UC for this 3rd baby.

Like spookymama, I'm not looking forward to treading the thin line between lying (which I'm not comfortable with) and straight-out telling extended family that we're going unassisted. What's weird is that my relatives see me as "high-risk" -- simply because I'm almost 44 and overweight.

They also saw me as high risk when I had dd2 at home at almost 41. But my uterus worked just fine then, way better than it did when I had dd1 by induced labor/epidural at almost 36!

Well, maybe now that they know I'm capable of natural childbirth, they won't oppose me so strongly as I follow my heart with this baby. Or if they do, I'll just have to be assertive and end the conversation. After all, it's not like I'm bringing it up to them -- I'd just be answering their questions, but maybe I need to find a polite way to say, "We've got it covered. Thanks!"

Susan -- married unschoolin' WAHMomma to two lovely girls (born 2000 and 2005).
#19 of 134 Old 03-11-2008, 03:09 PM

33 weeks here. Nothing new to report, really. I only saw the mw once at 24 weeks and a big part of me wishes I hadn't just because it's still messing with my head. She thought I was a month farther along than I did b/c the baby felt/measured bigger. Well, I decided to measure myself and I've been consistently ahead - at 37 cm now, for instance.

I'm feeling big but not "done" if that makes sense. Mentally/emotionally I really want to be pregnant for another 7 weeks. I have to keep going back to my journal where I charted my temps, CM and OS for the month I got pregnant - it is very reassuring to see the classic triphasic shift from pre-ovulation to ovulation to implantation. Then I know that *I* know when I got pregnant and it doesn't matter if I have a big/long baby. People really assume women/pregnant women especially don't know their bodies, don't know how to take care of themselves, etc.

I'm packing up my house one box at a time, moving the small stuff to storage and getting the bigger stuff organized for the movers. I've got a tub organized with birth supplies and another one with newborn supplies, jik we decide to go have the baby at a hotel. I periodically blow up at my MIL because she does things that are so inappropriate, like barging in on me when I'm not dressed yet. Constant boundary-pushing. But then she's a lot better after I lose it with her so if that's what works I guess she's going to have to get used to getting yelled at. It'll be so much better in the new house when our living spaces are separated.

I ordered some NB diapers since we didn't switch to cloth until dd was almost 4 mo and I'm trying to figure out if I should invest in wool for an overnight soaker but I just don't know what I want to do with that one. I might just wing it with what I have for the first few days, see how big this baby is once it arrives, and then order more when I know what I need. I also want a ring sling and/or wrap but I have a couple nice pouch slings so I don't know that I need anything else, or if a nb would work better tucked closer to my chest with something more stretchy. Ah, decisions.

Mom to DD ('06) and DS ('08)
#20 of 134 Old 03-11-2008, 07:57 PM

18 weeks and sleeping LOTS!!!!

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#21 of 134 Old 03-11-2008, 08:48 PM

40 weeks! And a few days! Feeling good!
#22 of 134 Old 03-11-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariM View Post
I'm tired and get up to pee at LEAST five times every night and I'm so darn tired of these BH contractions!

Same here...and during the day I keep dozing off...

#23 of 134 Old 03-11-2008, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzbm View Post
Same here...and during the day I keep dozing off...
Mmmmm the hunger? The dozing? Methinks you're not too far off Just a feeling though.

Sunny coolshine.gif: gun toting, retired breastfeeding, car seat loving, guitar playing, home birthing and schooling mama to Jakob (10.06), Mikah (07.08) and Korah (07.11). uc.jpg 

#24 of 134 Old 03-11-2008, 11:40 PM

Ditto on the hunger and the dozing off!! I think I am just waiting to get my house clean. I think the baby knows I do not want him to come just yet...but he is letting me know that he won't wait forever!!! I am trying to hurry, but with my DH just getting home from Iraq I am so tired and distracted. Hopefully I will be all settled by next week.....OH, yeah, they sent my DH home for the birth!!!!

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#25 of 134 Old 03-12-2008, 10:30 AM

I'm no longer UCing but I thought I'd pop in because I 'know' so many of you!

I'm 28.5 weeks with twins now. Still planning a low intervention home birth with MWs. My babies are getting HUGE! I measured 40cm at my appt on Monday. Everything looks excellent with them and with me, and I am so thankful! I'm hungry like you cannot believe unless you've had two, so tired I could sleep around the clock, and basically just trying to keep up with the physical needs of two babies! It's a blessing, and has been an AMAZING journey as a woman, as a mother, and as a future midwife. I've had to confront and overcome things that I never would have had to before, and I've had to make decisions on things that I would have rather not even considered.

We're having two more ultrasounds. One in about a week and a half and one at 36 weeks. Mostly to appease my MW and keep her comfortable since I feel confident they are healthy and growing. They send me lovely, warm vibes. They are both adorable and I am so excited to meet them!
#26 of 134 Old 03-12-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymw View Post
Mmmmm the hunger? The dozing? Methinks you're not too far off Just a feeling though.
I love you! I love anyone who says that! I'm also contracting like mad, leaking water, and my back is KILLING ME.

Oh, and I hear having the craps is a sign to, so - well I'm ok with being gross now - if it is...count me in w/that too.

I really wish I knew if I was dialted at ALL. I am not about to go get checked & have no clue how to do it myself. Guess I won't know...

#27 of 134 Old 03-12-2008, 02:20 PM

rmzbm: Your body sounds PREPPED for labor! How awesome! I bet you will have a great labor and birth. Take care of yourself.

Chantelhayes: You said you were charting when you conceived and your chart showed you ovulated four days apart. What does that look like on a chart? I haven't been able to find anything about that. Was it multiple dips and spikes in temp? Just curious!

Mom to DD ('06) and DS ('08)
#28 of 134 Old 03-12-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paphia View Post
rmzbm: Your body sounds PREPPED for labor! How awesome! I bet you will have a great labor and birth. Take care of yourself.
That or I'm about to get my period! That's what I have felt like all day today...dull, achy and yucky!

But I'd have to be HELLA bloated to look like this!

#29 of 134 Old 03-13-2008, 03:03 AM

I'm here. 20 wks & 5 days. Still have no hunger. So I have not been gaining any weight. Which is fine since I am on the heavy side anyways. I do eat a bit, but just have no appitite. I am seeing an OB but planning a UC. Baby is doing well and growing big. But I am not showing much at all. But tends to get in my way when I try and bend over now.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#30 of 134 Old 03-13-2008, 10:02 AM

Hi, just wanted to say that I had my husband check me regularly when I was close, my bradley teacher said it was ok as long as it was followed up with DTD... However, I figure it's your own germs anyway so no big deal if you don't feel up to dtd. So if you have a partner you are comfortable with and who's comfortable with doing it, try it! It's fun knowing what's going on down there, even though I was jealous, he got to touch our daughter's head weeks before I did as I started to dialate a month before hand

[QUOTE
I really wish I knew if I was dialted at ALL. I am not about to go get checked & have no clue how to do it myself. Guess I won't know... [/QUOTE]

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page